1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a single true Christian?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by qwestcommunications, Jun 19, 2007.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see how it was harsh at all. First off this op is a known 'christian-basher' if you will. He has posted many lies and misunderstandings about Christians for some time. He isn't doing this out of complete ignorance, he does know he is trying to cause issue, yet what he is commonly ignorant about is the truth.

So, again, I was not harsh. Actually probably to soft or shouldn't even give him the time of any response at all. Part of this is a revenge type tactic since he believes all Americans / westerners are Christian and so every thread against islam is by a "Christian" so he sees it as an attack by Christians to which he attacks back. Misguided - yes..

debunked, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  2. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't tell you where it is, but it's somewhere there in Old Testament, I think in Leviticus
    Also not allowed: all seafood except for fish, pasteurized milk, blood, any crossbred fruits/vegetables, and probably a few other things I can't recall at the moment

demosfen, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  3. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    And the Arabs followed him because.....?

And before you answer, let me tell you, he wasn't born with an army under his control.

Ahmad_Malik, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  4. debunked

Best Answers:
    ..... because they are fooled by a false prophet. simple isn't it.

Later those who may not have "followed" do so to keep their heads.

Simple as 1 + 1 = 2

5. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean an entire nation was fooled?

And if, as you say, later he followed "follow or die" rule, why didn't they leave him?

And why did the entire city of Jews, Yathrib accept him as a prophet?

Why did he not accept the Kingdom of Arab when it was offered to him?

And how did he come up with a book with jawdropping scientific miracles and stories of prophets unknown before?

And why did he mention his own name in the book only 5 times and the name of Jesus 25 times?

And if you think he copied anything from the Bible, please let me inform you that the Bible was translated in Arabic for the first time around 900 A.D.

And why did the Arabs stopped burying alive their daughters?

And why was slavery eliminated from the Arabs?

6. debunked

Best Answers:
    cause they lose their heads - still happens today

maybe they were fooled, many people are fooled by many false prophets

cause either he was a fool or ?? I don't know and really don't care. It probably was another myth

Name one jaw dropping flat earth scientific miracle --!

because he knew Jesus was different but tried to discredit what Jesus really said. Satan hasn't changed his game plan in years has he

Many people knew the stories before it was "printed" in their own tongue. That is how it was spread back then, do some research

Did you forget to tell them that they stopped??? Or does stoning first eliminate the problem of burying them alive?

something else you may want to tell them about huh?

7. grandad

grandad Peon

Best Answers:
    "Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words"
    Matthew Henry's Commentary

Virtually all bible commentators accept that the Comforter or parakletos spoken of at John 16:7 is the Holy Spirit, sent to aid and support the disciples as they adjusted from Christ's bodily presence and influence to the work of spreading the Good News world wide.

This is further confirmed by Jesus words at John 14:25,26:-
    "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

grandad, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  8. shylesson

shylesson Banned

Best Answers:

At the very moment that you acknowledge that it is in the Old Testament, you have supported the very fact that everyone has stated here already. The Old Testament is the Mosaic Law and was strictly for the Jews. The very reason that Jews (notice it's the Jewish religion....not Christianity) adhere to Old Testament practices is because they do not adopt the New Testament as part of their doctrine.

The New Testament (which is the new law) states:

With Christ came freedom from the Old Law. By the Old Testament doctrine, we all fall short of God's glory and therefore cannot enter the gates of Heaven, but with Christ, the Old Law is moot as He has canceled it out taking on all our sins and transgressions.

The major problem with taking a verse or two out of a book and creating doctrine out of it is that you are taking it out of context. As the Bible is a complete book, you must read it in its completeness to understand what was said to what was then done to understand what is. In other words, I could not simply take '"There is no God." from the Bible (Psalm 14:1, 53:1) out of context and contend that the Bible says there is no God when this just isn't the case. Out of context, yes, but in the full context it says that 'the fool sayeth in his hear "there is no God."

Jeremiah 18:7-10 shows his changing nature clearly:
    At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

When it all comes down to it, it is clear that this post was made to spark dissension. It's clear due to the broad question, the classic cut at the Catholics (ya can't say it wasn't intentional because there really was no reason for the men of cloth and little boys comment), and how even though clear, concise, and accurate replies are being given, the thread starter still insists on not 'listening'. There are many chatrooms that I'm sure little young Christian hopefuls would love to have the chance to randomly debate common misconceptions so why not get ya jollies there?

shylesson, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  9. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to start an argument here, but that's where I disagree...

demosfen, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  10. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    These are yours and Paul's interpretations of Christ's words. But anyway, I can't change your interpretations.

But isn't spirit used for prophets here?

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world," (1 John 4:1-3)

And who is this THAT prophet over here?

[John 1:20] The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?"

11. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    and how did John the Baptist reply to that question? He said he was not. You need to do a bit more wider reading on these things.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  12. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    Find out what this ex-priest has to say. http://video.google.com/url?docid=8...ndex=0&usg=AL29H21EnhUwSFS6NgUJPEYb2I1e0XeeyQ
    They were not fools. They realized that the prophet prophecised in Deutronomy 18:18 which was to come from their brethren ie Arabs had come.
    Yeah right. He was clever when he's a false prophet and fool otherwise.
    I showed you its out of context.
    The verse referring to the shape of the earth says "Allah has made the earth egg-shaped". He had a satellite up there to find this out too, eh?
    Find out more.
    He lived in a majority of Jews. Those Jews who were infuriated by Jesus and called him an impostor. So if he had to continue the religion, why didn't he regard Jesus as an impostor instead of coming up with beautiful verses about Jesus and Mary?
    He had no education. And couldn't read or write.
    This custom was stopped by a revelation in the Quran. And stoning is the punishment for fornication, equally for both genders.

Yeah. Why did he made compulsory upon them to pay charity every year?
    And give shelter to orphans? And why did he have an orphan in his own house?

13. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. John was not the prophet Jesus had prophecised!
    He was still to come!

14. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Correct, the "comforter" was to come. God's holy spirit. That is what Jesus was talking about. Not only that, but God's holy spirit has been in action from the very beginning of creation and will be in action forever.

15. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    It clearly says Prophet. :)

And that is why they confused John to be him. Because Jesus had told them about a human prophet.

jaree likes this.
  16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What you do is between you and God, and who is to say God won't forgive you for your sins?

Blogmaster, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  17. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never knew they had pasteurized milk and crossbred fruits/vegetables in those times.
    Any way christians are the followers of christ and hence new testament. not old testament

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  18. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Look for yourself here.

Go look at the symbols for "helper" in John 16:7 and "prophet" in John 1:20. They are two different symbols in the original Greek.

Let's talk about the chronology here. In John 1:20 Jesus was not even baptized yet and John the Baptizer was referring to Jesus as the one behind him. In John 16 Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit being used to make "those" have the truth revealed to them. Hence, the Book of Revelation.

You are confused over the two separate events here.

19. Ahmad_Malik

Ahmad_Malik Peon

Best Answers:
    But spirit is also used for prophet here:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world," (1 John 4:1-3)

So it doesn't really matter what is originally used. The meaning is 100% clear.

20. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Oh man. What translation are you reading? No wonder you are confused. This is how it goes:

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

2 YOU gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, 3 but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s [inspired expression] which YOU have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.
    "

In the this link, take note of the difference between the symbol for "spirit" in 1 John 4:1 and the symbol for "spirit" in verse 13 of the same chapter. You will see that is differs even when the word is used in the same context. Therefore, the word in 1 John 4:1 (when in correct context, feel free to look up spirit everywhere else to see what I mean) translated in English should be "inspired expression". "Inspired expression" means something quite different to "spirit" does it not?

So, it shows "clearly" you are wrong on this account.