1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Information for blogs

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by abientot, Jun 19, 2007.

I always wonder, where people get all the necessary and interesting information for blogs.
    Of course, you may tell me that you should look for interesting articles and so on, but as usual I spend a lot of time writing a new article and, probably, there is another method. I just don't know about it. Help.

abientot, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the type of blog, but the basis of information is going to be reading and paying attention to what's going on around you. You should read virtually everything you can get your hands on pertaining to your subject. After a while, you'll figure out which places have the most reliable and frequently updated information.

For example, if you have a blog about about movies, you're going to be reading about movies, watching movies, paying attention to new trailers, finding out which movies are going to be coming out soon, etc.

latoya, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  3. iska

iska Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no shortcuts - and if there are, they might be illegal, hehe (maybe not all, I think there is a software that writes about a topic creating 100 pages in in 2mins or so.. dunno the details).

The point is, you really have to read before you can write, that's the basic rule. I write, too and i had the same problem, but when you start writing about a particular topic, you will learn which sites offer the best information and always check on those sites. And if you're a writer, there's always a fulfillment after completing an article. :)

iska, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. chrissie1101

chrissie1101 Peon

Best Answers:
    The purpose of a blog is to share an interest you are passionate about, so if that is the case one should never be short of topics. We all have writers block though. If you ever get stuck, type in the topic in a search engine and you will get an abundance of ideas alone.

chrissie1101, Jun 19, 2007 IP
    Mr. Websites likes this.
  5. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Inspiration. Good Imagination. Good Writing Skills.

ablaye, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  6. pstone

pstone Peon

Best Answers:
    good imagination, writing skills, interesting thoughts and ideas, but to have all that you must be familiar with the things and ideas you are talking about. Reading articles and news plays a crucial role in that.

pstone, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  7. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading, good observation, creativity and all the points mentioned above can help to bring something unique and interesting for your blog posts.

Analyst, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  8. roseau

roseau Peon

Best Answers:
    I find, too, that even though I write about topics I love and topics in my area of expertise, that sometimes when I go to write, it feels like work and nothing comes out.

Sometimes, it is better for me not to think about it. Usually when I am in the shower or driving down the road or doing something completely different, I think up more ideas. I just make sure I have a pen and notepaper handy so that when I am ready to write, I have my ideas already drafted.

Or if I am watching a documentary or news program and they talk about a new study or a new fad, I might think, "gee that would be good to write about".

I may be able to collect many topics in my niche that way.

roseau, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  9. enigmatic9

enigmatic9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Read profusely on the net, google actively and enhance your creativity by enjoying different forms of art.

You will be having abundant ideas for a life time!

enigmatic9, Jun 22, 2007 IP