1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's Stop Google All Together

Discussion in 'Google' started by tfusion, Jun 16, 2007.

?

Do you approve this project or not?

1. Yes :)

49 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No :(

54 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. KeyboardHustler

KeyboardHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    indeed....

KeyboardHustler, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  2. chatmasta

chatmasta Peon

Best Answers:
    The sad part is everyone agreeing with this guy. :eek:

chatmasta, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Agreed. That is why I was saying DP is going downhill. You will always have idiots come on forums, but the fact that people agree with idiocy is showing me that this forum in general has dropped in quality by at least 80% since 2004.

Blogmaster, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  4. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look on the bright side, idiots are easy competition.

checksum, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True, I have been hanging at www.realestatewebmasters.com lately. There it's slow, but you actually have productive conversations. You learn instead of crying "I'm a victim, please pity me!".

Blogmaster, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  6. tfusion

tfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, i dont need ur "constructive" comments, if u think im an idiot then u r more because u r not even thinking what could happen in the future.
    I don't care if u have much more posts than me or if people know u more than me. What you dont see is that Google will soon dominate all the web and YOU and everyone will be under google.
    Im 100% sure that my young mind works 200% better than ur stupid one.
    NOTE: This post is for Blogmaster

tfusion, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  7. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful everyone, Google is watching you. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

checksum, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  8. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't use 200% of your brain capacity. Anyways I voted "No" because honestly this must be the stupidest thread I have ever read. Must of the comments wants to destroy Google, but would not "de-index" from Google. That really does not make any sense and very hypocritical. I rather be under Google (Google makes me around 10k a month) than not under them at all.

tusen, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  9. tfusion

tfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Why does no one understand? I just wanna make something that can compete with google, i know its hard but maybe possible, dreaming is not bad... but beign negative is worse.

tfusion, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  10. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    So I've noticed but I hope you have noted my sarcasm.

Funny that you mention that forum. I joined that a while back after some n00b was bad mouthing a friends business and of course the members jumped in spouting crap that they knew nothing about. But of course that's a conversation for another thread.

cormac, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find it funny that so many people in this thread have no vision.

Blogmaster, I thought your mind was greater then what limits you have been setting for yourself in this thread.

A few years ago Yahoo was pretty untouchable, then something called Google came along. A few years ago no one heard of Myspace, and now look at them.

Are you honestly saying that this place is going down hill because someone wants something bigger and better? If that is the case then you should likely change your username to usenet master because no all that long ago, no one knew what a blog was.

There will always be that "next big thing" and to call even the mere notion of it idiotic, only sheds light upon yourself.

Think outside of the box...

Qryztufre, Jun 17, 2007 IP
    soju likes this.
  12. tfusion

tfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey people, sorry for insulting you if i've done so. I dont want to do this anymore, i just want to have websites and make some $! This is a stupid idea, or maybe it isnt, however, i only have ideas and imagination, making a dream come true is very hard.
    Sorry for my stupid idea, i will not do this anymore. Forgive me guys.

tfusion, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  13. MountainLife

MountainLife Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not mind supporting ASK they are making a valiant attempt at creating a high quality product and spending the ad dollars to put themselves out there... iw as thinking heavily about this the other day.

If we all made a true effort a collaborated effort i feel we could imact google if we all switchted to ask 100% in search, ad programs and helped to promote it..
    the current monopoly has let google feel at ease, like they can treat anyone how ever they like and so on,.,, lets help even the score

msn, yahoo, or ask

which is it?

MountainLife, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  14. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I am in totally agreement with what your saying and I like their new offerings. In saying that, although they give me traffic my rankings are a lot higher on Google.

cormac, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  15. creditwisdom

creditwisdom Peon

Best Answers:
    I say search it as well....and yes I would like to see another search engine slow them down...but still be as easy to rank on.

creditwisdom, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  16. killer

killer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every Reality is once a "DREAM"
    Most of them posting on this thread are thinking negatively that we can't give competition to Google.

It would be better if the conversation goes like how can a new search engine gives competition to Google.

killer, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  17. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, here's a radical idea: Google has several hundred people working on its algo (I think). What if you could have a many thousands, or even millions? You could vastly improve on the basic model by allowing people to write their own algos.

This isn't as crazy as it seems: it could be done by having a configuration panel where you select a number of options on various aspects of ranking. Then you save your settings for your own personal use, or share them with others. Want to give more prominence to .gov and .edu websites? Or disregard PR altogether? Apply a list of banned domains, or set subdomain interlinking value to nil?

At the moment Google dominates the search market because it has a lot of highly skilled engineers working on its algo. The only thing that can possibly compete with that is a distributed system that makes the most of the contributions of absolutely anyone with any technical skill whatsoever. Like Wikipedia, only for search.

Obelia, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  18. chatmasta

chatmasta Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is hilarious.

You're 13, buddy. You probably have close to no coding experience, especially that which would be required to make something even close to being able to compete with Google (as well as MSN, Yahoo, and Ask). You have no money to get started. And of course, you have everyone laughing at you.

Maybe Google came out of nowhere, but not only was that an anomaly, but it was started by two genius kids from Stanford. Do you go to Stanford? Also, they were competing with some search engines when they arose, but those like LookSmart had nowhere near the amount of people using it that Google does now. That many people weren't even on the INTERNET then. Not to mention that LookSmart had pitiful algorithms, while Google's are the result of years of development by thousands of the world's top engineers.

Google is also adaptive, so if by some miracle you came up with a proven better algorithm, they would just build on it and use it themselves. Or buy you out. But that's not happening so don't get your hopes up.

I've got nothing against your age, because I'm only a couple years older than you. But if you say that you want to make money online, the way to do that isn't "making the next Google." It's starting small, dipping your toes in the water, and when you get a sense of how to do things, then you start really making money. It's all about experience.

Wow....why did I even reply to this....

chatmasta, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  19. tfusion

tfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comment buddy. I didn't know the really beginning of google, however, i am doing all i can to learn a bit of coding... I will do my best to get something good on the web.

tfusion, Jun 18, 2007 IP
    Obelia likes this.
  20. trueindianz.com

trueindianz.com Peon

Best Answers:
    guys can u explain me !! y dinn u like google????
    well it is a good search engine as many ppl who against it are also using it

cause a survey has explained that .. every alternate ip adress is definetely using google

trueindianz.com, Jun 18, 2007 IP