1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nevetS, Jun 18, 2007.

I don't know where to stick this, but I feel like complaining. Thanks for listening :).

So... At two o'clock in the morning a couple of days ago I get an IM from my sister. We hop on the phone. Guess what... I have a brother or a sister out there somewhere that I never knew about and doesn't know about me. Nice...

I'm not going to take it any further on Father's day, but I figure on Monday I'm going to start asking some people some questions. Fast forward to Monday.

I wake up to a phone call from my mother going apeshit. Apparently, she's done no wrong by keeping this from me for 34 years and if I ask anybody anything I'm going to ruin everything. What a way to wake up.

Then comes the bank phone call. "Uh... we're not accepting your deposits anymore. We don't do business accounts and you have a business." This after 10 years of history with them and at least 7 accounts most of them business accounts.

There's another phone call that came. It's personal and it's not my place to say anything, but the gist is that someone I care very much for has gone through a personal trauma of the most serious nature.

And so goes the daily drama that I like to call my life. It's a little difficult to get any work done in this kind of a mental state.

So how about a little sympathy here. Anybody got a link to something mindless to occupy my time and help me relax?

nevetS, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Go jump off a bridge and end your misery

fryman, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    gee. thanks guy.

nevetS, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  4. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 1st post should be written as the meaning of "bad day" in dictionaries..

..yea I know "bad day" is not one word.

leet, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry things can go worst anytime

Be Happy

w3bmaster, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  6. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take it out on something - go punch a wall or some random dude on the street.

Computerized, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  7. 1-3-3-7

1-3-3-7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks, we've all had a bad day, the best thing is to move on, and try to resolve your problems calmly and peacefully.

As for distracting yourself, play a flash game or watch a funny video, go to ebaumsworld or visit the blog by my username :)

1-3-3-7, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  8. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to here all that bad news. Take it easy and just sort things out one at a time. I'm sure everything will get back to normal.

As for your brother or sister, call them and talk to them. They are probably thinking exactly the same thing you are.

James12513, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  9. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally have a bad day myself.

I just realized that one of my biggest sites was banned from google...without any objective reason. I invested too much in this site...and was yet hoping to start making the returns.

This is why I advise you to check this
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=370336

but..pssstt....don't tell anyone about this..

cheer up mate,
    if everyday is a perfect day....then perfection would be meaningless...right ;)
    things get better...you know that

nikolaalx, Jun 18, 2007 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  10. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear of so much going wrong in your life.

Things often tend to pile up, one on top of the other, don't they? And you can easily become overwhelmed, and everything seems much worse, when some problems on their own may not really seem so bad at all.

When all kinds of things seem to be going wrong in my life, once I've finished the initial feeling sorry for myself (which I know does no good, but can't seem to help) I try to work out what I can and can't change. And what do I actually need to change or do anything about? Where I think it's needed, I try to take action as soon as possible, as delaying things mean longer to worry, building things up into much worse than they are, and situations can actually get worse too. I try to work out what the actual probable long term effect there will be from any of the problems.
    Quite often, something that seems awful can actually work out to be a blessing in disguise.

Such as, having an unknown brother or sister... maybe you will be able to find this person and he/she will become a wonderful addition to your life- although this may be a little difficult with your mother not wanting you to ask or say anything about it.

As for the bank, it's a nuisance (and weird- our banks tend to value business accounts much more than personal ones) but you can change your money to another, and maybe better, bank. Perhaps this is an opportunity in disguise. Do what you need to, then the problem will be over and no need to worry about it any more.

I don't know anything about your friend's trauma, so can't really advise, but just be there as support I guess and help in any way you can. Some things just have to be worked through, or grieving time allowed.

Hope things improve for you soon, and a day will come when it brings joy, not sadness.

Night Owl, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  11. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. It's all good. New day now and moving on.

nevetS, Jun 19, 2007 IP
    DeniseJ likes this.
  12. 3dcgmodel

3dcgmodel Banned

Best Answers:
    bad day just 24 hour. good day will come.

3dcgmodel, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  13. Yankee0306

Yankee0306 Peon

Best Answers:
    Live life one day at a time. There is an old saying that God never gives you more than you can handle. Things may not get better but you will.

Yankee0306, Jun 19, 2007 IP