1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About onpage SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wokaka, Jun 16, 2007.

Hi, i want to ask something. I know one of the most important things in onpage SEO is how many times our "keywords" is written in our web page. But I want to ask if in our index webpage I didn't wrote my "keywords" too much but in other webpage I wrote it many times, do you think it is different with if I wrote only in index webpage? for example:
    1. I started a blog and my keyword is large. I wrote word "large" 10 times here.
    2. I started a website and my keyword is also large. I wrote world "large" only 2 times in my index web page(beside title), then in my order.html web page, i wrote "large" 8 times.

Who will gain the rank better? I am curious about onpage SEO

wokaka, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  2. SEO Honolulu

SEO Honolulu Guest

Best Answers:
    in that scenario, the blog and the order page would do better than the index page. However, if you used the word "large" as your anchor text for your inbound links and pointed all of them at the index, the index page would outrank the other 2 in time.

but this is also not adding in keyword weight ratio against code and text ratios...

SEO Honolulu, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  3. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean? can explain better?

wokaka, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  4. grungee

grungee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should write your content so it makes sense to the users. Part of the google algorythm includes spelling and grammar so writing "large is large because the large wouldn't be large" will trip the grammar filters. You should write so its clear and concise if you want to add more keywords then write more content.

grungee, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  5. sesakebon

sesakebon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have read many times that the onpage keyword density has not as much influence as it used to be. Even if you use your targeted phrases a lot in your content, you might not rank for this phrase.
    On the other end, what appears to be more important is the title tag, the H1 tag and the alt tags.
    I reckon as long as you use your targeted keywords in those tags and as suggested by SEO Honolulu, you use the phrase in the anchor text of your inbounds links, you should be able to get better results than a high keyword density.

sesakebon, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  6. grungee

grungee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes sesakebon I have been finding that google are caring more about spelling and grammar than keyword density and even links. I have a couple of sites with minimal links that are getting huge amounts of traffic.

grungee, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  7. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what is "phrase in the anchor text of your inbounds links?"

wokaka, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  8. coolguy27

coolguy27 Banned

Best Answers:

If you want put your keywords all over your contents and check your keyword density.. Put some h1 tags...

coolguy27, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  9. SEO Honolulu

SEO Honolulu Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry for not being able to get back sooner to you

basically, when you go out to get links to your site, if you use the keyword "large" like this

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/index.html">Large<a/>
    Code (markup):
    "Large" is now anchor text. Do this on multiple sites, and now "Large" will outrank the other 2 pages.

SEO Honolulu, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  10. sedes

sedes Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with that... keep density arround 2%

sedes, Jun 17, 2007 IP