1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense and eMiniMalls - Doubled my Earnings

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by oziii, Oct 2, 2005.

I have been using Adsense for around 2 years now to the point where it has virtually become a full time income.

I love it and never thought I'd see the day when I'd see any other Ad system come anywhere near what I earn with it but this past month I'd been trialling eMiniMalls from Chitika (I review it here).

Today they earned more than Adsense did for me for the first time ever.

The cool thing about them (and the reason I've chosen to write this in an Adsense forum) is that Chitika have recently allowed their publishers to use the eMiniMalls both in a contextual way and a non-contextual way.

This means if you choose to trigger non-contextual ads - you can use them on the same page as Adsense ads! So publishers who make an income from Adsense don't have to make a choice between one or the other - but can actually choose to use both on the one page which for me effectively means I've just doubled my income!

As I say in the review I did - it isn't perfect for every type of site. Sites that are on product related products seem to do best - however I've chatted to a few webmasters who have non product related sites in the past 24 hours who have found the eMiniMalls to be pretty effective also.

Keep in mind that they are still beta testing them and adding new features (their reporting system is still pretty basic) - I've heard that they'll be improving a number of areas in the coming weeks - but its still a little rough in spots.

Despite this though - I'm really excited by them. Hope this recommendation helps others - let me know how you go with them!

oziii, Oct 2, 2005 IP
    Arnie, alang, Wally and 1 other person like this.
  2. iMacFlats

iMacFlats Active Member

Best Answers:
    Double your income? Doubt it.

Let's see... you take... 100 people visiting your website, and they can click feel the need to exit. They click on the minimalls, or click on adsense... either way, they are ONE visitor with one click.

The best way to double your income is to double your visitors.

The ads in and of themselves seem very cool and inviting. What type of PPC do you see on those?

iMacFlats, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  3. yirmumah

yirmumah Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed in the linked review, it's actually a nice sweet referral url-- slick!!!

I almost fell for it... it looks interesting though.

yirmumah, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  4. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have a doubt on him? Do you know who he is? I never have a doubt in Darren and I know he told the truth. My revenue from Chitika eMiniMall is also more than adsense, and my adsense revenue never decrease. So with the same number of visitors, I have double my income too.

The reason is, before this, the only option for visitors is adsense, but now they have two, so for those visitors that never click on adsense before, might get interested in chitika ads because it is different, so we get a click from them.

alang, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  5. WorldCup

WorldCup Guest

Best Answers:
    My advice to all is ... never doubt in Darren Rowse, he is always right.

WorldCup, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  6. Alx

Alx Member

Best Answers:
    thanx for sharing your experience, i'm going to signup under your aff link. ;)

Alx, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I give it a try too! - Just applied

Arnie, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  8. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I'm giving them a go and so far am pretty impressed with the results. It hasn't doubled my income but is certainly a nice addition and provides readers with a useful comparison service.

I haven't been able to find an affiliate scheme for them, does anybody know where to sign up for their referal program or even if they have one.

dct, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  9. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking in to this now - similar to the pitch that pricegrabber.com gave me, but this one is a bit more appealing!

LeeD, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  10. yirmumah

yirmumah Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't doubting it-- but I found the affiliate link clever, that's all. :) Something tells me he'll make more money on signups through his link than he will with the program on his pages!

The eminimalls DO look interesting... no doubt about it.

yirmumah, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  11. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @dct - affiliate program is just for Darren I believe because he involve in Chitika from the early stage and give them lots of feedback about the program.

alang, Oct 3, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  12. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Yeah guessed as much, thanks for clarifying.

dct, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  13. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to doubt it.

Yes the review has an affiliate link in it (its not a public affiliate program at this point) but I declare it as that in the post itself.

While I do stand to gain something from the affiliate program - I stand by my review. Adding eMiniMalls to my sites has significantly increased my overall earnings.

Today I added them to a few more of my pages that i'd previously forgotten about and the result was even higher earnings - now they are clearly earning more than Adsense for me and it's more than doubled my daily income from what I was earning this time a month ago.

I'm not allowed (by Chitika) at this point to share exact figures - but those who follow my blog know what Adsense earnings were at so should be able to do the sums.

In terms of the affiliate program - feel free to use it or not. What I'm hoping to do down the track is give some free advice to those who sign up for MiniMalls via my referrals. This will depend upon whether Chitika allow me to find out who affiliates are (like AllPosters do). If they do I'll put something together.

Anyway - interested to hear how others are going with the MiniMalls?

oziii, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  14. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    can I get free advice from you too, because I'd sign up with chitika long before you make a review and put your affiliate links there. I'd signup on August and put the MiniMalls for just 1 week before got a confirmation from google that publisher can't display chitika alongside google. Lucky that you'd get a clarification from them about this matter.

alang, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  15. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is tightening up on what is allowed with Adsense. It wouldn't surprise me if they deny you even after choosing the "non-contextual" version.

Darren - did you check with them? Edit: Sorry, I didn't read far enough down on your blog. I have received some conflicting info on what is allowed with anpther type of advertising (Intellitxt). First they said yes, then they said no when I checked again just before implimentation. I hope this isn't the same type of situation. It seems like it is OK until enough people start actually using it, then it is not.

MattL, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  16. flyguy

flyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    We signed up for eminimall a few days ago. And received confirmation from google that we can run them in non contextual mode. Chitika told us they are going to expand the non contextual param to include a category string. Right now you have to search for products and type in the title in the java code.

Anyway. So far ctr and cpc is very low for us when compared to adsense, BUT, I've notice a large increase in ctr for adsense ads running on the same page.

We haven't spent enough time with it yet to fully see the possibilities. Playing with different products to run and add placement etc.

I will say they have the BEST customer service that I've every seen from anyone on the web and the people over there seem really cool. I hope it is a success.

We're not running any blogs or the like but it seems like it might work well with sites that have low ctr cpcs.

Darren's review is excellent.

flyguy, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  17. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I just applied (through Darren's link, since he reviewed it) and was accepted within minutes.

They already have the query, it's: ch_query = "your niche here";

You can just add it to the javascript yourself.

MattL, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  18. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @flyguy - CTR is lower for me but CPC excellent. With just 10% number of clicks than adsense, I get more revenue with chitika compared to adsense

alang, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  19. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Good for the rest of us to know too...thanks.

MattL, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  20. flyguy

flyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    alang, That's great.
    What kind of sites are you runing the chitika ads on and are you using contextual or non?

flyguy, Oct 3, 2005 IP