1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul on The Colbert Report 6-13-07

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Briant, Jun 14, 2007.

1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Perfectly normal for a bunch of guys to rape and execute a 14 year old girl then... After all, There are X amount of people out there. It's bound to happen!

stOx, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody said it was normal, did I? I simply said it's bound to happen, execute the SOB in my opinion. What do you expect, me or anyone else to hate the entire military for what a few bad apples do?

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me see if I can resolve the dilemna for you.

st0x - killing a girl - US soldiers are terrorists

st0x - killing 14 children at a school terrorists are heroes
    st0x - killing 20 people at a hospital - terrorists are heroes
    st0x - using retarded kids as bombs - terrorists are heroes
    st0x - blowing up a market with a bomb, killing hundreds - terrorists are heroes

I've condemned my criminal and want to see him punished. You want to cuddle with yours. I think the point you make is quite clear.

lorien1973, Jun 15, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it should count towards a reason for hating them.

Yeah you have a point lorien, Well said... I can't actually remember where i called them heroes, Could you point it out for me? Or would you prefer to answer another question with a question of your own?

Obviously not clear enough as you spectacularly fail to grasp it with an even greater displays of idiocy with every post you make.

stOx, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow are you serious? What a few out of thousands do should be counted twoards all of them? :rolleyes:

I am totally against the war, however what you are posting is simply insane to say the least.

GRIM, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understand. I would write it in smaller words but i don't think any smaller words exist, So i'll try different words. See if that's better for you.

The rape is a reason for hating the guys that done it. But there are other reasons for hating the rest of the troops. So the rape becomes a part of the reason for hating all of them. It's a part of the big picture. one incident in many.

stOx, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I've just filled in the sentence for you. You said its better to support a group of people that kill many civilians than it is to support US soldiers. You know where you stand here. And that you continue their ignore their actions and justify it. You make it plainly obvious that you honor what they do. Do you need to say "hero" - nope, your posts make it rather obvious.

No, I've grasped quite well where you stand.

This is the perfect summation of your posts:

st0x - killing 14 children at a school terrorists are heroes
    st0x - killing 20 people at a hospital - terrorists are heroes
    st0x - using retarded kids as bombs - terrorists are heroes
    st0x - blowing up a market with a bomb, killing hundreds - terrorists are heroes

I'll add some too:

Hamas using civilians as shields - Israel's fault!
    Hamas throwing people off buildings - Yeah!
    Hamas launching missiles at Israel - its okay, they "meant" to hit a military target
    Israel defending itself from those missiles - slaughtering civilians!

Need I sum it up for any more?

8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ON the contrary, I'm not trying to rationalize the reasons. But if you refuse to admit that the forces of cause and effect may have a place, then so be it. I can't challenge you to think outside your preconceived ideas and convenient labels (truther for example).

I'm not legitimizing the terror. But it is absolutely obtuse and simple minded to say that these events are occurring without any stimulus or motivation.

I'm curious. Do you have any #s on the car bombings prior to the invasion of Iraq? Is there a historical precedent for people car bombing from that culture/nationality/ethnic-religious group in that region?

Guess what? Someone ran the #s. And he's a credible expert with a lot of specific data.

Again, this goes back to objectively looking at what has changed, and which of those factors/variables might be attributable to the new patterns of behavior. Or we could just bury our heads in the sand and think that as long as we send people to die on foreign soil, we'll never have to deal with a problem domestically.

Are you even remotely aware of Saddam's regime and what he did to the people of Iraq? That was never a pretense for us to go over there before. Now suddenly we care? It wasn't about WMDs?

Gimme a break. Naivety is tolerable as long as it is part of learning through a maturation process. Seems to me like you are more focused on defending narrow views than trying to get a look at the bigger picture, the causes (American and Arab), and the challenges in the way of peace.

Bottom line, our spending on establishing democratic institutions has dropped off, without a strong government in place. This vacuum creates the need for a security presence, which certainly helps all of the businessmen with contracts in re-building and troop support.

This is an age old problem. A gov't goes to war without public consent. War creates a loss of civil liberties (draft, Patriot act) and an increase in taxation (either direct, or by diverting funds from domestic spending).

There is a reason why Americans have a right to bear arms. It is so that no domestic government can oppress them. It's in the same constitution that outlines the power of government and the public support required when it comes to declaring war. Checks and balances.

We didn't capture Bin Laden and we haven't shut down Al Queda. We're now involved in policing the streets of another nation when we should be focusing on our own problems like healthcare, education and immigration.

There is a problem with terror in this world. If we want to solve it with weapons, we better kill everyone else, because whoever is left over is a prime candidate in these ghetto backwater countries to become the next hijacker. They don't have food, reliable shelter or clean water. If you subscribe to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, physical needs come before security. We've put the cart before the horse, and every American should be questioning why.

That is, if they believe in democracy and that government should reflect the will of the American people.

guerilla, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a difference? Oh yeah, The former don't rape children like your brave brave boys do.

I noticed you have taken to fabricating lies about what people are saying. typical of someone like you. If you can't argue against what they are saying lie about what they said. You done that with Ahmadinejad, too, remember? It must be a character flaw of yours.

stOx, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  10. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    In your world, blowing up a school full of kids is better? And blowing up a hospital, a market and using retarded kids as bombs is better? Interesting.

They don't huh? I'd look up "honor killings" and see what research I can come up with if I were you. Your heroes!

Yep, I posted what he said and you posted your version of it. And couldn't face the reality of what he meant. Isn't that how it went?

11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    That's what I'm reading in his posts as well. The notion that it's perfectly acceptable because they (and he) are savage muslims and that's what they are supposed to do.

Then he cries because others don't hate who he hates, yet he supports the most vile of evil there is. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I should probably dig up an old link to some of the rapes by muslims in that area. Of course, we only need to look at their prophet for the prime example of raping a little girl.

GTech, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  12. GTech

Best Answers:
    It was a dumb question to begin with. Lorien did a good job of answering it though.

GTech, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Once again. Here are OBL's reasons for attacking this country:
    Do you agree or disagree that we should cede to his demands, in full, lest we are attacked again? Yes or no?

Also, how do you reconcile the fact that some of the 9/11 terrorists joined the mission because of the slaughter of muslims in kosovo. Where -we- helped the muslims out.

It is purely a function of their religion. Nothing more. Stop giving excuses for their actions.

I am aware. Are you? Not it was not solely about WMDs. Here is the link to the reasons behind the war. How many deal with WMD, how many with Saddam's refusal to uphold is his side of the 1991 ceasefire, etc. Distilling it down to WMD shows a sad lack of knowledge of the whole issue:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

Nope. Never happens. Iran doesn't suffer car bombings from its insurgents. Cars -never- blow up in Israel. Either. It's totall a unique experience for Iraq. Oh yeah, terrorists don't drive cars into Saudi Arabian power plants and blow them up either...oh wait. They do.

So you support an invasion of Pakistan then, where OBL is most likely hiding. Is this correct?

The government can do multiple things at once. You assume the war distracts from those things. Lazy politicians who make bad laws distract from those things. Immigration reform bill doesn't suck because of Iraq, it sucks because politicians don't want to deal with the issue. Stop conflating the issues.

14. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:

I especially like that part :D

The US and Saddam were good buddies back in those days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTldYbqlJc8

Briant, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    No picture of saddam/rumsfeld shaking hands briant? you are failing in your duties here.

16. GTech

Best Answers:
    briant, you're not doing well with your anti-American campaign. Can I offer you some refresher courses?

GTech, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The points i raise have nothing to do with Islam.

I think all religions are backwards and believed by primitives who lack the understanding to pick up a science book and comprehend it... Christian, Aren't you?

stOx, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    The terrorists you support have everything to do with it.

GTech, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  19. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    How was that a dumb question?

If what we are doing in Iraq is legit, making lives better. Why aren't we going to places where there isnt an oil?

LinkSales, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    It was a dumb question when you reviewed it this afternoon, it's a dumb question now.

Who said anything about making lives better? Re-read my comment. You were upset that the US was rescuing people from al qaida torture camps. What does that say about you?

Darfur is rich in oil. Perhaps you were not aware of that?

GTech, Jun 15, 2007 IP