1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

site targeted question

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by scuba5794, Jun 14, 2007.

Say a site i want to target has 3 google ads per page, all that adsense allows. Can i target a specific ad even if the site is using the same size ads. So for example the site is using leaderboard ads 3 times, the 728x90 ad can i target only the ad at the top? so that my banner does not show on the bottom space where it will never be seen but i will get charged for impressions? any insight would be awesome thanks!!
    cheers,
    stephen

scuba5794, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. B.V.E.

B.V.E. Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, I've ran into the same problem but automatically targeting a certain adblock on a page doesn't seem to be possible ;-(. You can however experiment with with your max CPM bid versus your ad placement pos.. (Keep in mind though that changes in CPM campaigns usually take some time to become active.)

B.V.E., Jun 14, 2007 IP
    scuba5794 likes this.
  3. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is possible but only if the site sets it up that way...if they label their channels...leaderboard at a top and there is a checkbox to offer the specific channel to advertisers.....otherwise their is nothing you can do

oseymour, Jun 14, 2007 IP
    scuba5794 likes this.
  4. speda1

speda1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, its all in how they set up their channels. They must be 'targetable' and named appropriately.

speda1, Jun 14, 2007 IP
    scuba5794 likes this.
  5. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks all for the great input rep'd

scuba5794, Jun 14, 2007 IP