1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Someone Test This Please?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by jhmattern, Jun 14, 2007.

I had problems before with www.BizAmmo.com, where visitors using 800x600 resolutions were having the main content pushed down to the bottom of the page. I made several changes, and I was wondering if someone could check it and let me know if it's resolved or not (changing my own resolution, it looked fine, but it did before too when there were issues).

If there are still problems, can you let me know if that's just on the home page or on article pages as well, and if you're able to send me a screenshot, can you please, so I can see exactly what the problem is after these latest updates?

Thanks so much. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. excaliburwebdesigners

excaliburwebdesigners Peon

Best Answers:
    seems fine to me, i tried using IE7 and firefox and both looks good.

excaliburwebdesigners, Jun 14, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thank goodness. If anyone else using that resolution can just confirm it for sanity's sake, I'd appreciate it. There were a lot of problems getting this one laid out right, so I Just want to make sure it's good to go before I make any other decisions design-wise for it. :)

Thanks!

Jenn

4. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ajsa52, Jun 14, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    As awful as it sounds to programmers, I really don't worry much about validation. As long as it displays correctly visually and presents the content decently, that's my big concern. Thanks for verifying it's not pushing the main content down anymore though.

6. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure, but I've read that HTML compliant code is a factor (maybe a tiny factor) to be well ranked on search engines.

ajsa52, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  7. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, works just fine on 800x600. By the way, if you need to test your page on different resolutions, you can simply go to your main screen >> right click and choose Properties >> Settings >> Screen resolution. :)

Katy, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I'd tested it myself the last time, and it all looked fine, but people using that as their normal resolution with smaller screens were having the main content drop, and sending me screenshots of it. I was worried I'd have to totally overhaul the right columns or combine them into a smaller one, so I'm just glad it's working for now. :)