1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An adsense story - almost a fairy-tail :)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DavidHall, Jun 14, 2007.

Well, I've been posting around the forum with some short'ish articles of my journey in this crazy internet world, check out the marketing forum for the last one.

I've started to write a series of articles here at digital point, in a hopeful attempt for others to catch a glimpse of my signature, like what I'm talking about and hopefully subscibe to my newsletter, but hey, forget about that for now.

My adsense journey has been quite a big one to say the least! I started off like anyone else, earnings $0 a day, great! couldn't be better! or not eh :rolleyes:

There has always been something fascinating about earning online for me, I guess there always will be, if you're passionate about something then it can be quite obsessive, that and it beats my old part-time job when I was younger of pot washing :eek: .

So I dabbled and dabbled with adsense, at this point I didn't know much about driving traffic to my website, so it was just a case of telling my friends to visit the site.

However, with more dedication and time, I started building up relationships with people online, this meant they'd also tell their friends about the site and so on. At the time it was a football forum I was running at www.eatsleepfootball.com , which I eventually turned into a news aggregation service and later sold on this forum infact.

My brother is a journalist so I was always looking at the resources he used for his journalism, that's when I found my personal gold mine, www.newsnow.co.uk . At the time I guess I wasn't thinking about earning money, I just wanted people to visit my site. So I tried my best and NewsNow accepted the site: www.talkingsoccer.blogspot.com into their listing.

At this point I began to see phenomenal traffic hit my website. As my business brain eventually grew as I got older, I found adsense and realised I should really be monetizing the site. From there the site and I have gone from strength to strength. the highest I've earnt in a day from that one site is about $179. It was just really a case of how much I wanted to write news and so on.

I've diversified myself from them days so I'm earning in all different ways now, but thought I'd share this little story with you all.

:)

DavidHall, Jun 14, 2007 IP
    nickflame likes this.
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great story. Looks like you are raking it with excellent content on something you are really knowledgable in.

qwestcommunications, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. ronaldec7

ronaldec7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good site.
    Good information that even the bigger sites don't have.
    (or atleast hard to find on them)
    And I like the format.

You have really earned your money.

ronaldec7, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  4. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    What a neat suggestion David. I've just applied to have my blog 'North East Diary - Durham Doings' included. Can't do any harm in asking.

neforum, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  5. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice, congratulations and good luck. :)

timallard, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  6. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    never heard of that site before, but if you say it helped you , then it is worth a try, why not...
    thanks for sharing the tips, rep added.

nickflame, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  7. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great story, thats a lot of money for 1 day

KingNomar, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  8. jambo182

jambo182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many unique visitors does that site send to you per unique article?

jambo182, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  9. ezguy

ezguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good luck with posting your url you might be the next click bomb target

ezguy, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  10. xtraders

xtraders Peon

Best Answers:
    What a nice story you have here. Hopefully you'll continue to get lots of traffic and earn a decent income!!

xtraders, Jun 14, 2007 IP