1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content pushed down even with plenty of room?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by jhmattern, Jun 12, 2007.

I just posted an article with a video tutorial series on business plan writing here: http://aboutbusinessfinance.com/business-plans/develop-your-business-plan-video-tutorial/

Everything from the first video down is pushed below the main area of the blog. All I can imagine is that there's a problem with the width of the videos, but there's plenty of room for it when I view the blog (although there might not be for someone using 600x800 res). Shouldn't it automatically adapt and move up when there's room? If not, is there something in particular I should be looking for in the css?

Thanks!

Jenn

jhmattern, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  2. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like it isn't in the main body. Is there any way you altered the code to try and fix or add something?

LeetPCUser, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. It's in a post; not the template. The top part of the post is completely fine, so I know the post itself is showing up in the main content area. The whole post displays in the main content area together, so there's no way it would be split in the code... so I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the width... just can't figure out why when there's more than enough room for it.

4. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    Could it be that the code of the video is breaking the site?

5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure. I don't post videos much at all... it's just a basic embed. It looks like at 600x800, the video would be too big, so I'd expect it to be pushed down then, which is fine. But it's still doing it at a higher resolution. Would it be better maybe to just force the center column width, and not have the layout flexible?

6. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    A higher resolution will still bust because your width on your blog is a set width. If anything, you have to make the width bigger or shrink the video using embed tags.

jhmattern likes this.
  7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Really? It's not a set width for me. It's flexible as I change my window size.

8. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    Then if it is still breaking in the higher resolutions I am assuming it is something with the way you are embedding it that is busting it.