1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Links and Green Reps for Reviewers

Discussion in 'Websites' started by save-a-family, Jun 9, 2007.

Hello,

I've asked for reviews a few days ago, but I have a new version now. Green reps will be given to everybody who helps me with this and 4 of those who help out with detailed reviews will be given an advertising spot in this site ($500 value.) This includes a link on the homepage, being one of the 39 sponsors of one city, and being advertised on the custom bus I am getting built for this campaign. You will have an account to control all aspects of your homepage ad.

http://www.busvertiso.com/test.php is where the new version is found. If you click on any navigation tab, content will display with JS. It is all degradable though.

Please let me know the following:

1) Do you prefer this version or the current one? (Current one found at http://www.busvertiso.com)

2) In this test version, the JS slides that show the content have different speeds. About is fast, Play is medium, and the rest is slow. Which slide speed do you prefer?

3) How is the download speed of test.php compared to index.php? I'm seeing around 1 more second on my 855kbps connection. Please check it out and let me know if having interactive JS is worth that speed difference in your opinion.

4) Forms will not be displayed by JS because they make the page pretty heavy. They will display in a new page. The contact form is found at http://www.busvertiso.com/contact-form.php. Do you think it is fine? It submits with JS so no more page refreshes there.

Please let me know that and give me as many details as possible. Let me know if there is anything else you think I should give attention to. Please note that content is not finished and is being written.

Thank you for your time. :)

Mody

save-a-family, Jun 9, 2007 IP
    arpitagarwal82 likes this.
  2. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    this 2 versions look not so different to me. speed also the same.
    sorry but i dont understand how to use your site. mind to tell me a bit please.

tradeya, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  3. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    I explained that in the post. The new version uses JS to display content, and the speed is not the same because there is an extra JS file now. It is not heavy, but it still makes it heavier than the current version.

4. saqib21

saqib21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i will say that you should keep the older version, because its faster. Also people with low system resources will have problems loading this page. so my suggestion is to keep existing old one.

saqib21, Jun 9, 2007 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  5. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i deleted cache and try again.yes new version is faster by few secs. (i loaded current one first) but that not much different for me.

tradeya, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  6. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    They look exactly the same, no? :D I love the design though, looks very unique and professional. And very nice colors indeed! :)

Katy, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  7. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for checking it out.

Saqib thank you for your opinion. I wish you could address the points I listed though. Tradeya, the new one is actually slower. Not by much, but it is. You saw it faster because you had loaded the current version before you loaded the new one. Most of the code is the same so it loaded fast for you.

Katy, yes it does look the same when you first look at it. What I am asking people to check out is the navigation bar content. The site loads content with a page refresh in the current version, while it does that with AJAX slides in the new one. That is what I wanted to know.

Please check out everything and address the points if you have time. :) You will get a free spot.

Thank you for your time!

8. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Haha, my Admuncher blocked everything on your page, that's why I didn't notice the difference. :) Anyway, I have to say that http://www.busvertiso.com/test.php doesn't work correctly for me. The page doesn't expand normally and when I click on 'the bus' I can't even see it. So http://www.busvertiso.com works correctly, so I'd go with that one. :)

Katy, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  9. teampower

teampower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to me the new version load faster then olds but there no big different

teampower, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  10. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Katy and teampower.

Katy, you are an atypical visitor. The website will host advertisements so you being able to block it is better. I do not want to show ads to those who do not want it.

Teampower, the new version can not load faster for you because it is actually a bit heavier. I wish you wrote a more detailed review. :) Thank you anyway.

Anybody else? I really appreciate all the help guys.

11. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still looking for reviewers. I would really appreciate your help. :) Reps will be given to everybody who helps out and 4 links will be given to those who give a detailed review addressing all the points in the first post.

Thank you very much. :)

save-a-family, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  12. vladut33

vladut33 Guest

Best Answers:
    personally, i think the new version is better.
    It loaded faster for me, don't know why, as for many it didn't
    also, try making the thebus.php load on the same page, or just in the same tab/window
    that's all from me
    regards,
    Vlad.

vladut33, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Please let me know the following:

1) Do you prefer this version or the current one? (Current one found at http://www.busvertiso.com)

I prefer the new one.

2) In this test version, the JS slides that show the content have different speeds. About is fast, Play is medium, and the rest is slow. Which slide speed do you prefer?
    The new version is a little bit faster.
    3) How is the download speed of test.php compared to index.php? I'm seeing around 1 more second on my 855kbps connection. Please check it out and let me know if having interactive JS is worth that speed difference in your opinion.
    it is worth it
    4) Forms will not be displayed by JS because they make the page pretty heavy. They will display in a new page. The contact form is found at http://www.busvertiso.com/contact-form.php. Do you think it is fine? It submits with JS so no more page refreshes there.

It's ok as long as the form link is very clear and people can find it easily.

Blogmaster, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  14. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you vladut and blogmaster.

Vladut, yes content is not organized and I am re-writing the whole thing because of new things I am adding. It will all be more organized and clear hopefully. Thanks again. I will give you a green rep after this post. :)

Blogmaster, thank you very much for addressing everything. The first free spot goes for you. :) I will contact you now to let you know more.

Anybody else? I appreciate your help guys.

save-a-family, Jun 10, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.