1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google bounce factor research data is in

Discussion in 'Google' started by visio, Jun 8, 2007.

visio, Jun 8, 2007 IP
    Ajeet and Eskarina like this.
  2. crazygirl

crazygirl Peon

Best Answers:
    good info thanks I use analytics and my stats are below for the last month from your data should I be rising in Google ?

180,313 Visits
    16.41 Pages/Visit
    35.75% Bounce Rate
    2,958,272 Pageviews
    00:08:49 Avg. Time on Site
    59.35% % New Visits

crazygirl, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  3. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your bounce rate is about average. I would check your google searches in Analytics and check the individual bounce rates. If they are about that same rate and about average 8 minutes you may see them increase.
    Of course it highly depends on the phrase, the competition and their data of course. But your data looks good overall so you should either have positive effects or none at all. But again the individual bounce rates of each of your search phrases play a role too.

good luck!

visio, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  4. WebGeek182

WebGeek182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great work, Visio!

WebGeek182, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  5. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Scott!!
    It appears to be on SeoMoz now too, thanks to Scott again!:D

visio, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  6. camp185

camp185 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use google analytics. The bounce factor I totally believe. On my polling site APC, there are thousands of polls. Not all polls are googled equally. The polls people actually voted on after finding from google seemed to end up ranking well later.

Here is an example. Using the search term "the bachlor" from the t.v. show I got a bunch of votes the first day or two. Unfortunately the show ended the next day, and the searching was over. But if you search for that show now, you will see I am still #2. I still get hits on it. There are other polls on the site that are worded almost exactly the same, but the google visitors just bounced instead of voting. After a while those polls no longer get the google hits for that keyword anymore, or rarely anyhow. I'm guessing I will lose that ranking over time.

My hits keep going up though as long as members keep creating those polls. Getting a nice tail.

camp185, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  7. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally, I make a good bit of money having a high bounce rate. They bounce on ads.

Websites that are more geared toward advertising will have this issue.

Lexiseek, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Almost 100% do not click any ads. And I make much more money when they stay over clicking an ad;)

visio, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  9. mdj101

mdj101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was actually discussing this with a friend today, before I had even seen this post.

One of my sites running analytics has jumped from 70+ to 7 in the space of a few weeks and i wondered if it could be partly down to analytics.

here's my current stats for the last month

1,594 Visits
    10.51 Pages/Visit
    21.89% Bounce Rate
    16,753 Page Views
    00:09:25 Avg. Time on Site
    60.23% % New Visits

mdj101, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  10. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that it is a very good chance that played a role in the rise. The bounce rate looks good and the average time on site is also pretty good. So yes I would say that is probably the reason. Now watch your pages which have high bounce rates(if you have any :p) and see if they don't decrease overtime.

visio, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  11. mdj101

mdj101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just been having a good look through google analytics and found the bouncerate page for the last 30 days.

WOW.

Some of my days are as low as 8.22% I take it thats VERY good.

mdj101, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  12. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    I really do not believe Analytics or visit duration has an effect on ranking.

The visit idea was being thrown around in 2003, we tested it by doing a keyword search and clicking on a members #1 site then hitting the back button after about 5 seconds. Then we would visit our test site which was #8 and browsing for quite some time before returning to Google and doing a random unrelated search giving the impression we had found our info on site #8.

There was absolutely no change. I tried it on a smaller scale in December with the same nil results.

Likewise with analytics, ive put them on high bounce rate sites with no negative effects and vice versa.

Sites flux in the SERPs daily with no changes done to them, and theres 100s of variables so your dataset isnt extensive enough to make a claim when theres evidence of the opposite happening unfortunately.

sweetfunny, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  13. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well we are in the year 2007 so expect a little difference in test results. I also can tell you positively for a fact that the bounce factor does indeed exist. If the tests weren't proof enough the analytics data I have been researching certainly is. If you can show me a phrase you rank for that has a high bounce rate and which is on the 1st page and which does NOT go down overtime and I will believe you.

visio, Jul 1, 2007 IP