1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some questions

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Jim_Westergren, Sep 27, 2005.

Hi,

I have just added Co-op Ads in the footer of my directory and also read some FAQs about it but I have some questions (sorry if some are stupid but I am totally new to this ad system):

"Your Weight: 1,030". I have no idea about this number. Hi, low or what? Please give me something to compare with.

I collect weight right and this I then spend on displaying my own text links, is that right?

Can I display a swedish directory? Or only English sites? I want only static links for my sites, possible?

Can I put the code on several of my sites and get more weight?

This is pretty much all about getting backlinks and PR right? Or if somebody clicks on the ads that I show - do I get weight for that?

Thanks a lot.

Jim_Westergren, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  2. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's low, probably because of PR0 - just wait for the next PR update.

your site (indexed pages + Pagerank) gives you weight, it's just a number. The higher the weight, the more chance you have one of your ads will be shown on another site.

As far as I know all languages are allowed
    Static means that links will stick for a week or 4. not really static, but better than it used to be (Random at every refresh)

yes, create a new account and bind that account to your primary

It's an advertising network: you show other peoples ads, they show yours - PR and backlinks are a useful side affect,and you do not get extra weight for clicks. You can get extra weight by referring others to the Co-op, you get a percentage of their weight but until now I have 0 referrers so I cannot tell you how this works exactly

frankm, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    Jim_Westergren likes this.
  3. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your answers. I think this is very interesting and will explore it deeper.

Jim_Westergren, Sep 27, 2005 IP