1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and its Allergy to other Ads

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by medusa, Sep 27, 2005.

Google AdSense is very sensitive to the presence of other ads on the same page. However, Google does allow some types of ads to co-exist with their AdSense ads.

I have been using AdSense and AdBrite (and Kontera & occassionally Clicksor) on the same pages for a long time... And payments from AdSense are coming steadily without any problems.

Keep these points in mind:
    1. AdBrite ads are allowed. They are NOT contextual. Even the 'network' ads of AdBrite are not contextual. So, the last I read Google TOS, there was no problem.
    2. If you want to use Kontera or Clicksor, DO NOT use their contextual ad banners (or text-match as Kontera calls them, and kudos to them, if there is Google AdSense on the pages, Kontera does not serve their text-match ads, even if you have enabled them! So good of them :cool: ). You can use their ad-links however, as shown in the link (Ad links make the words in your text clickable to make them ads).
    3. Most of the image based banner ads are allowed. Eg., Casalemedia, fastclick... but I don't use them. They slow down the page load time.
    4. ASK Google if you are still NOT sure and post them here. All of us will learn from that :)

Good luck!

medusa, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  2. Evoleto

Evoleto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same experience mixing different programs and I finally got to select just one program per page via a PHP script. I've been doing some experiments both with placing and mixing programs, and this solution is the most profitable for the publisher. However, this may vary according to your content and the interest of your visitors.

I think phpMyAds can handle various code from different programs, but I'm not sure.

Evoleto, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  3. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am actually a member of the clicksor prior to joining the Adsense. When I became a publisher of Adsense, I made adsense my main ad server and clicksor as alternative using the clicksor's non-contextual ads.

When I contact the Adsense Management, they told me that Clicksor could not be used along with the Adsense, since clicksor is considered a competitor and its ads mimic the adsense.

So, I have no choice but to trash out the Clicksor since Adsens is better that clicksor.

kawebspy, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  4. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am actually a member of the clicksor prior to joining the Adsense. When I became a publisher of Adsense, I made adsense my main ad server and clicksor as alternative using the clicksor's non-contextual ads.

When I contact the Adsense Management, they told me that Clicksor could not be used along with the Adsense, since clicksor is considered a competitor and its ads mimic the adsense.

So, I have no choice but to trash out the Clicksor since Adsens is better that clicksor.

kawebspy, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  5. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    too bad that google consider chitika minimall as contextual ads too and publisher can't display it along side google. Chitika minimall was performing really well for me, half of the revenue I get from adsense.

alang, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  6. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    alang, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  7. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh!

A new update.

I emailed Google with queries about Kontera, Chitika and AdBrite.
    They say only AdBrite is allowed and none of the others anywhere on the site!

I hope it is just a mistake. eminimalls can actually be set to be non-contextual!

medusa, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  8. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    After a clarification request, they say they are pleased to inform that I can use non-contextual Chitika eMinimalls ads!

So, there you go, NO kontera for me!

medusa, Oct 1, 2005 IP