1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing / Online Business BlogTalkRadio Show Launches Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jhmattern, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Thanks. :) It got a little better once we got chatty... the intro on my own was a bit weird for the first one. My mic wasn't terribly wonderful. I'll have to reposition it next week, and then get a new one if that doesn't sound a bit less choppy next time. I'm still listening through the archive right now.... being nitpicky like I guess we all are when it comes to our own stuff. lol :)

jhmattern, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  2. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes awesome job. Good luck with the show. Drig, it got better. :)

save-a-family, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  3. Crimsonc

Crimsonc Peon

Best Answers:
    I listened to the whole thing and wanted to call in but being in the UK could not risk the charges.

Radio / blog shows take time build up a listener ship, I've being doing online radio for over 7 years so I have had to learn that the hard way. Do not be disheartened by lack of interaction in your first show, keep going, keep advertising and it WILL build up. Perhaps offer an email address to send in questions and check it throughout the show.

Crimsonc, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  4. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenn as I said before, it was great. Two things though:

1) I thought the introduction was a bit long, and you repeated some information several times.

2) I was waiting for the ''bye'' or ''see you next week'' kind of thing at the end of the show. It wasn't clear that you left.

Just something to put in mind for next week. Otherwise I think it was great and informative. Keep at it. :)

5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Thanks. And I do expect you to call in next time. :D lol I know... you promised. ;) It was definitely more fun to actually do the further it went along.

Good feedback.

1. The intro for this one was longer than others will be, because is was an intro to the general show and to me as well, b/c I had to previously cancel the introductory show that was going to be about just that kind of stuff and previewing the lineup. :) So that whole spiel won't be in every show... promise.

2. Sorry if the ending wasn't clear enough. I'll definitely work on that next time.

The address is a good suggestion too, and thanks for the encouragement. I'm still working on the official blog, so they'll definitely have a place to interact, and I'll make sure the email and such are very obvious there and mention that in the show (I also forgot to mention on-air that they could IM questions and such, so I'll be sure to do that for next time). :)

BlogTalkRadio is eventually making another option available that won't involve phone calls... you'll be able to call online via Skype or something like that for free, but someone there today said it's still in beta with a few testing it. So that problem hopefully won't be permanent.

6. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely will. Yes, you sounded more comfortable as time passed by.

I'm off to bed now. Good luck with the preparations for next week's show.

7. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best wishes JH- will check it out...

BrianJump, Jun 6, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm listening now.

I've been working on making IBE mainly audio. I did a site like this back in the 90s and it worked well.

Hi I'm Jenn. Please press 1 for English. Prensa numero dos por Espanol. (yeah, my Spanish sucks).

:)

marketjunction, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    LOL All I saw was that Jason posted in the show thread, and all I could think was... uh oh... here it comes... the critique from hell... late at night... when I'm tired and bitchy. lol Nah seriously... let me know what works and what sucks so I can improve it. :)

10. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    So far so good. I'm glad you guys talked about passion in what you are doing. I swear I try to bang this into people's heads.

I wouldn't be too hard on the critique anyway. It's your first show. And if you love what you're doing, who cares.

I used to do a lot of presentations online and not everyone appreciates my wit and candor. Oh well. ;)

Oh, and it beats doing nothing at all.

11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    LOL That's true.. about it beating doing nothing at all. :)

I definitely love it. The beginning was way scripted b/c there was a lot to jam in, but after that intro show it should be less and more natural (hopefully). I know better than to script any of that kind of stuff, so I don't really know why I did it... I'm definitely my harshest critic though... even my guest got in touch after the show criticizing herself during the show... so I guess most of us are that way. lol :)

Put me in front of a few hundred people live, and I'm totally comfortable. This was my first online audio presentation of any kind though, and really I was more nervous. I guess it's a bit tougher for me not being able to see the audience to know how they're reacting. It's what I do when I speak, and it's what I do when I'm working with a musician... I go to a show and study the crowd reaction. It's tough to do that online until they're more active. Hopefully it won't take forever to get to that point. :)

There were a whopping 7 live listeners. lol And 11 archive listeners tonight so far. So anything better than that is at least an improvement for next week... I'll have to promote it a bit more, that's all. :)

12. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Move over network stations. :)

13. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work great idea... I am listening to the stream.

ruby, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jenn sizzle :)

Lots and lots of success with the show :D

britishguy, Jun 6, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  15. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol yeah....

Hope you like it Ruby. If you do... tune in live next time if you can... need some callers to bug Jeff. :D

16. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Finally finished the show. :)

Good stuff. And thanks for the plug at the end. I hate when people call me a writer, but that's okay. ;)

I feel like I need to put on a dress to enjoy your network. Well, maybe I don't, but I'm wearing one anyway.

17. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I am about 20 min into the segment... I must say the accent was hard to start with. You were saying 'niche' but I couldn't understand it but figured it out. In Australia when we say 'niche' it sounds more like 'neesh'.

All good though and very good to listen to while I am working.

Id love to tune in live ... what timezone are you in? I am GMT +8

ruby, Jun 6, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol It's weird, b/c I don't think of myself as having much of an accent... I guess most of us don't. :) Honestly, never in my life have I heard someone pronounce "niche" as "neesh," so if I heard that, it would take me a while to grasp it too. :) I remember there being a big poll on that here on DP a while back though, and seeing the kind of split their was. But since they're both technically right, I'll stick with my "nitsch." ;)

It would probably be tough to tune in live. My time zone is GMT -5, and it airs at 6pm here. :)

19. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep thats what I thought..... 13 hour diff..... So like at 6pm your time I am 13 hours ahead of you at 7am in the morning. NO CHANCE!!!!!! lol

ruby, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol I don't blame you. I wouldn't be up listening to shows then either. ;)