1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pre-populating Google AdSearch.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by medusa, Sep 26, 2005.

When you search the DP forums, under the search term used, there is a link called 'Perform same search with Google'

Doesn't that violate the Google TOS? Or is it acceptable? If it is acceptable, which I think it should be as DP is using it, I would also like to use a similar approach in my site.

Example

Screenshot in the attachment.

Attached Files:

• DP1.JPG
      DP1.JPG
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Views:
    medusa, Sep 26, 2005 IP
    Red likes this.
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If it was illegal i don't think Shawn would allow it...

Jarodboy, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  3. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that was my first thought. But I also think that Gogle doesn't allow you to prepopulate the search queries. Or have I not understood that properly?

This can be misused you know. Website owners can have their own text-links on our sites that lead users to search result pages on 'mesothelioma lawyers', for example. I am not so sure though...

medusa, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  4. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, solely based on the terms/policies, you would not be permitted to do this with AdSense for Search, because it is the same as prepopulating the search box and/or directly linking to the AdSense for Search results pages. That said, AdSense does give permission for exceptions in certain specific cases, so this is may be what Shawn has done. So I wouldn't "try this at home" without checking with the AdSense team first.

Jenstar, Sep 26, 2005 IP
    Red likes this.
  5. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really think this would be a problem because it's not like Shawn forced the topic of the query upon the user. The USER chose to search that topic, and he is giving them an alternative..

But again, you're better off checking with G first.

exaro, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  6. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    No it is not against the Adsense Policy. And the thing is, you are given an option to search the keywords through the Free Google Search service not the Search for Adsense Service.

kawebspy, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  7. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah! The option to search further is not through the free google search, but through the google adsearch service. Check it mate.

medusa, Sep 26, 2005 IP