1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing unique content?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Chopster, Sep 25, 2005.

I know from reading other posts here that it annoys many to ask for a free hand out by asking what your secrets to getting traffic are. I hope this message doesn't come across this way.

I'm more or less hoping that some of those who have a lot of experience could help paint a picture for me as to how articles have helped.

I guess I'm looking for some real life stories. What has worked for you in the past. If anyone has noticed how much their unique visitor stats have increased as a result of submitting 1 unique article that they wrote and authored themselves.

Like does 1 article typically increases your traffic of unique visitors by 50? more or less?

Just trying to get an understanding of the potential behind how benefitial it is in writing unique content and submitting it to article sites.

Chopster, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt anyone could tell you with certainty that one article = x traffic. There are so many factors involved that it is impossible to come up with a global formula. Some of those factors are:

1. Topic of the article.
    2. How well it is written. (Not just proper grammar, but flow, voice, etc)
    3. How many sites are interested in such an article.
    4. How many article distribution websites did your article get submitted to.
    5. Time of year. Some times of the year are very slow.

There are more, but you should get the idea.

I can tell you that I have some websites that have only had article writing & submission as their promotion and it varies widely. You could write say 3-5 articles and end up with a thousand backlinks, incoming traffic and better SE rankings. Then you could write 3-5 more for another site and get far less.

Either way, you certainly don't want to write one article and leave it at that.

Good Luck!

marketjunction, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  3. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks marketjunction. That was actually the type of response I was looking for. Just stories and examples of what people have done and how it paid off.

I guess it's kind of like golf secrets. Nobody wants to say what works, because then everyone will exploit the idea.

Chopster, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares, the pie's big.

I wrote 7 articles a few weeks ago, pointed them to a certain page in the resource box and I'm seeing on average $10-15/day through AdSense revenue for that page. Investment required for 7 articles? $35.

Always use the keywords you're targeting in the title, always link back to your page with keywords in the anchor text where possible, and always name the page you're linking to from your articles with your keyword in the URL for those article sites that dont accept anchor text, so: my-keyword.html

Now imagine repeating this over and over, say 1,000 times. ;)

As the pages moves up in the search engines it just keeps on growing. Keep them fresh, do your SEO and when the sand box release comes for all your pages, you won't believe your wallet.

Select your keywords wisely and articles are fan-fuckin'-tastic. The short term traffic[revenue] is good and the long-term traffic[revenue] is phenominal.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  5. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Gadood...Great response.

I was curious though, you said that 7 articles was a $35 dollar investment. I'm assuming you are saying you paid $5 bucks each.

Where did you buy them? I think I know of one place called scriptlance.com, which is mainly a place to hire programmers to do scripts, but I've seen people propose article writing there?

Do you have any other suggestions of places to go to get writers? Your post has definitely inspired me to try it out.

Only thing I worry about is how to be sure the articles are 100% unique and the author didn't plagerize to get some quick and easy money out of me.

I think I understood this right. So you are saying that in the resource box, where my link points back to my site, it should look something like this:

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/original_article_location/index.php">
    High Paying Keyword Text
    </a>

Code (markup):

Chopster, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Article by Chopster, visit his web site for more information on <Keyword-Link>

You could PM Serenity in here, she writes articles. You can also use trusted/recommended writers through elance.com

There's no need to pay anymore then $5.00 for a 250-300 word article, and that goes a long, long way as per my example.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  7. bwp58

bwp58 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Chopster

I'm new to the internet having been active for only 4 months.

Have written 3 articles and submitted them through isnare. I'm sure the content isn't that special being all original work.

Each one was key word optimised with link back to my webite in the bio line. When I write an article I also post it to my blog & it usually goes in my website. The version in my website is modified to add extra links and resources.

Each article has been worth about 30 back links for me, has generated somewhere between 20 and 50 hits and some adsense income but not sure how much.

Because my website is new, I think google is still digesting it.

If you want to - look up my website listed in this forum - then go to Yahoo and do a links search on my site ( link:http/wwww........ ) and you will see what I mean.

From everything I've read and experienced this is the easiest way to get traffic and backlinks.

Dont be scared of writing your own stuff - its easy once you get going - and will be just as good as anyone else will write.

(would post my link but still under 10 posts)

Regards
    Brian

bwp58, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  8. Dr.Dixler

Dr.Dixler Guest

Best Answers:

Are you interested in writing content for us?

Dr.Dixler, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  9. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again Gadood. Definitely good stuff to jot down in my notes.

Bwp58...Do you mean you get 20 to 50 unique visitors a day from one article?

Chopster, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  10. theta71

theta71 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started using a serice that delivers 300 articles a month on topics that I use for my web sites. Although it is difficult to say exactly how much my revenue has gone up because of so many other factors. I have had record breaking days the last week. The great thing about these articles is that you have the right to make changes directly to the articles adding your own keywords. You also don't have to post any links or even an author. It is just pure content. I hope this is helpful. The site is called www.articlechief.com -not an affiliate link.

theta71, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  11. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Just search for "freelance writers" and you'll find a million. Then find a board to post to. Then you will get 100 emails over the next two days.

That is what I did, then I selected the two cheapest writers, they are both around $3-5 per 350-500 word article.

I don't remember the board I posted to, but it is an easy way for me to get unique content when I have more money than time.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  12. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I know of two subscription sites that give 300 articles out per month to people for the subscription. I actually am sorta a scout for writters for articles. I go to three or four different sites to find good content writers..that hit deadlines..supplying subscription sites with new content each month is not easy.

Why do people use content articles....Boost your credibility and begin to be known by your prospects before they even visit your web site! You become known as an expert within that Niche because you can place your name on ghost articles that poin right back to your site • Push Traffic to Your Website via embedded and resource box links. • Your prospects are pre-sold, when they come to your site they will feel they know you, through your targeted articles thus you will experience a higher conversion rate and more sales.

And there are many more reasons articles are used in marketing... beside that the google crawler love lots of words.

~~Corena

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  13. jiminoc

jiminoc Peon

Best Answers:
    I just paid $23 to Laura on this site for 4 articles, I'll let you know how it goes

jiminoc, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  14. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks that is nice of you:D

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  15. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So how do these subscription sites fare? I contemplated going with that business model, but opted not to..because of the the fear of inconsistent quality, expectations, etc..

jeeplaw, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  16. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    They one I work for closed his subscription of five hundred members in four days..because he is known for quality.

If you ask around you can find good ones..even if not..you can aways take the thirty days money back guarantee. Most site offfer that.

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  17. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh wow, call me typo queen for the day. Sheesh, sorry about that!

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  18. netaddict

netaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone else tried this articleschief service?? They sound tooooo inexpensive to be true. :eek: :eek:

netaddict, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  19. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    How do they do that? I can tell you how some do it...
    Fragmentary sampling as economically motivated "theft", "piracy", or "bootlegging". We reserve these terms for the unauthorized taking of whole works and reselling them for one's own profit. Writer who routinely appropriates, on the other hand, are not actually breaking copyright laws. These elements may remain identifiable, or they may be transformed to varying degrees as they are incorporated into the new creation, where there may be many other fragments all in a new context, forming a new "whole". This becomes a new "original", neither reminiscent of nor competitive with any of the many "originals" it may draw from. This is also a brief description of article writing techniques you may fine in the cheaper article writing subscription sites which have cropped up.

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  20. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I might have an idea.

According to the page, it says that the article is distributed to no more than 60 people. With each article at $.10 cents, the writer is basically making .10 cents times 60 people, which means the author is making $6.00 bucks an article.

It makes me wonder how the page says the articles are 100% unique, then says they are not sold to more than 60 people. Doesn't the article lose its unique value the second it's sold to one other person?

Regardless, I'm definitely intersted in it and might try it out. I like the idea that you have the copyright freedom to change the text and edit the articles.

---

Hmmm, I just re-read the entire thing. I think Corena's probably got the better answer.

Chopster, Sep 27, 2005 IP