1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Sought on Text Ad

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dct, Sep 25, 2005.

I'm buying an ad in a plain text newletter for www.coolest-gadgets.com with the sole purpose of generating traffic. I'm not experienced at all in writing ads and so far I have the following
    The ad can be up to seven lines of 70 characters each. As I mentioned before the aim of this is to get as many qualified visitors as possible (the newsletter has a targeted 120,000 subscribers) so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks

dct, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere that a triangular shape attracts the eye most. So maybe start with the longest sentence at the top and shrink sentence size down every line.

You forgot punctuation on line 2 and 3.

I'd skip the http:// part.

T0PS3O, Sep 25, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would spend some time figuring out just who your target audience is and what their characteristics are then write a better headline.

Remember to focus your ad on your intended reader and not yourself. Don't start talking about you and your company because the reader won't care, especially when you have not given them a reason to do so.

Good Luck!

marketjunction, Sep 25, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  4. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Build some quriosity on the ads. it will help also.

diamond008, Sep 25, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  5. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Second draft:
    Any other suggestions or improvements?

dct, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    marketjunction's advice on swapping the 'we' for 'you' is a good one. So try talking about the punter who reads it instead of your site.

Instead of "We take a comprehensive look at the world of gadgets and technology;"

"You get to see the latest in gadgets and technology from around the world!"

That was written without much more than 10 seconds thought but it should show the gist of swapping the focus.

T0PS3O, Sep 26, 2005 IP