1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beginner's questions re Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by rogerl, Jul 19, 2005.

Our company currently uses ISP Power and ICVerify. (I did not implement these solutions.) We are going to switch to Optigold for a new company. I'm new at this, so I'm trying to figure out the credit card billing/collection side. What we need is simply the ability to enter the amount that a credit card should be charged each month, then charge that credit card when we do billing. There is no 'web presence' necessary. So, what is the minimum I need in regards to software? If I have Optigold, do I need a gateway (such as Authorize.net or Payflow Pro) AND a product like CCAuthorize? Or, if I'm not doing any web-based transactions, do I even need something like CCAuthorize?

Also, when I talked to my bank, they said that whatever software we used needed to be certified on Visanet. Are they referring to Optigold or the gateway?

Thanks for any help you can give this novice.

rogerl, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You would need any of the supported gateways and CCAuthorize (being VisaNet certified is referring to the gateway).

digitalpoint, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  3. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can download an application form for Authorize.net payment gateway from my website: authorize.net_gateway_signup.pdf. Pricing is on the application and it usually only takes from 24-48 hours for the account to become active.

I've used Authorize.net for at least five years now, and though they had some problems with stability in the early years, they seem rock solid now. It's also very well supported in the OptiGold add-on, CCAuthorize.

-w

wkw, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  4. john

john Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it handled the same as PCAuthorize is in Optigold? I'm looking at getting an Authorize.net account for some equipment that we have that ONLY supports authorize.net. But have been using PCAuthorize for years now and don't want to screw anything up.

john, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Authorize.Net is better than PCAuthorize because it does not require any software/modem, etc. and since it's TCP/IP based, it's much faster.

digitalpoint, Jul 22, 2005 IP
  6. minnow

minnow Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a list of supported gateways somewhere?
    Thanks.

minnow, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Under the billing preferences in the Optigold, it has a drop-down list of the gateways. That will always be the most up to date one for your version.

digitalpoint, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  8. john

john Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, we have an Authorize.net account now. What steps are needed to switch to Authorize.net from PCAuthorize Hub? (If you have a link or setup instructions, I'd be happy to start there). If it's just a matter of changing the link in the billing preferences that would be great (I assume there would be an option for user/pass transaction gateway, etc?

john, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... just under the billing preferences (set the drop-down to Authorize.Net and set the username and password).

digitalpoint, Oct 3, 2005 IP