1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Scandal of the YEAR

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by popotalk, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Then perhaps this would be an excellent time for you to resign. Anyway who can stand next to the cesspool that is DMOZ after what they just did better stay the hell out of the way when it all comes crumbling down. You don't want to get hit by the tremendous explosion of excrement that comes out of the inner sanctum.

Those with any guts or principles will stand up now and protest loudly and clearly. The rest can rot in hell.

You post in ignorance. Don't bother.

If she wasn't the best ambassador that sorry organization (sic) ever had, she was certainly in the top 5. As much as I abhor DMOZ, they have sunk lower than even I imagined.

Why don't you explain what YOUR role in this was, Neb? And if you didn't play an active role, what is YOUR response gping to be? Will you stand up and be counted or continue to suck ass in hopes you're not next?

I misjudged you, gboisseau. You do have principles and a modicum of intelligence. Would that I could say the same about some of your colleagues.

And what is that supposed to mean, jcand? You are happy about this?

I agree totally.

I'd like an answer to that too. What about it, "jinx"?

minstrel, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  2. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's quite rich, from a META-editor like jcand, to show up here under an assumed name, "jinx," and kick sand in the face of a stunned and heartbroken (I would guess) ex-editor with a sarcastic "Happy Trails" one liner. This has to be DMOZ's darkest hour.

Now, with a meta in disguise among us, I had to go and check out "jinx's" 2 previous posts.

Surprise! Another sarcastic one-liner back in January:
    Surprise! Another sarcastic one-liner back in June 2006:
    So is that what some metas are doing in their spare time, jcand? Drop one-liners and leave the room. A bit cowardly if you ask me. Under the circumstances... really not a nice thing to do. It doesn't reflect well on the ODP.

helleborine, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well any more posts and its bye-bye meta position few more and its removal, at lest they haven't started sending hitmans yet like Stained Glass Mafia. :D

Ivan Bajlo, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ Human Edited without Humanity. I think thats what it is.

So Jcand your the other one without the cohones to stand up :rolleyes: reminds me of another moron that sent me a PM last night and said he is claiming to be a META. Non other than Nebuchadrezzar the infamous soft ice licker. :D

popotalk, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    helleborine and threebuckchuck like this.
  5. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, you maybe on to something... robozilla has become self-aware and has created bunch of fake metas and is removing all human editors! :eek:

That would explain the crash, when AOL technicians attempted to shut him down in panic he sent massive power surge that wiped out everyone in data centre and eliminated anyone who knows but also fried many servers and has taken him a while to restore full power once more! Now that we know we are all in danger!

Well there are probably only metas left in DMOZ, annie was probably one of few independent editor remaining which were still editing, now they only need to trigger 3 month removal switch to remove remaining editors since they most haven't done anything in months and it will leave only few meta editors in absolute control of all submissions to DMOZ. ;)

Ivan Bajlo, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  6. helleborine

Best Answers:
    Ivan, cowardice is not frowned upon in a meta-editor. I am sure that jcand's position is secure.

After all, he did write in the private editor forum (thank you for forwarding it to me) that "Removing an editor is indeed a difficult task. [...]But we also have the task of ensuring that abuse is addressed. It is painful, but necessary." So here he shows a little bit more guts, when it's time to saddle himself to the task of kicking others in the groin. "Abuse" he says; I am hardly surprised that jcand is painting poor annie with the same brush as all other ex-editors, that they are all corrupt scumbags that don't deserve a second chance, or an explanation. Of course, what better strategy but to keep everyone in the dark, leading them to believe that the offense has to be much, much worse than they can possibly imagine, paradoxically reinforcing the myth that the bar for dismissal is extremely high, while toeing the party line of zero tolerance.

7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Pretty much. And the few who do have the guts to do more will no doubt experience the usual "quick justice" from DMOZ.

That's what it seems to take to remain in the inner sanctum. Apparently, as with many "organizations" (sic) where the primary goal is holding desperately on to perceived power, being a "licker" is the primary requisite.

Indeed, One of the few with a combination of guts, principles, and honesty. I'm sure the adult editors detested her. One less obstacle, right, Orlady?

Precisely. The perfect DMOZ weasel. He has a bright future with the DMOZ club, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

It's not like i ever had a high opinion of DMOZ but even I am surprised at how low they have sunk. :mad:

minstrel, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  8. jinx

jinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Happy Trails to You. A song from Dale Evans. Gary and I worked hard together. So just hoping he would understand it.

jinx, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  9. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is better than an episode of Dallas!

Valhalla, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    helleborine likes this.
  10. helleborine

Best Answers:
    Spin it as the wind blows, it's still sarcastic, without an explanation, under these particular circumstances, and within this particular thread.

11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    The real joke here is the ongoing justification of lack of information about actions taken by metas and admins in the inner sanctum.

"If you knew the full details, you'd think differently. But of course, you can't know the full details because of our need to know policies and policies against disclosure..."

It's all such pathetic bullshit. Especially since their precious inner sanctum leaks like a cheap sieve.

Right Neb? :rolleyes:

minstrel, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  12. helleborine

Best Answers:
    The more I think about it, the more certain I become that our meta-in-disguise little friend "jinx" was indeed sarcastic, since he wrote, in the DMOZ thread, "Removing an editor is indeed a difficult task. [...]But we also have the task of ensuring that abuse is addressed. It is painful, but necessary." No one should use the word "abuse" when referring to anything Annie has ever done. After writing this in what he believes to be a secret forum, he comes here, and, with all the subtlety of a drive by shooter, fires off a "happy trail." Nice.

I may be wrong about jinx's/jcand's intent; but I don't care. I have appointed myself judge, jury and executioner. Like the gang of bloodthirsty metas he belongs to. And since he had the privilege to come here, and try to defend himself, he's been given far more than all the ex-editors out there, that are no more culpable than Annie.

minstrel likes this.
  13. jinx

jinx Peon

Best Answers:
    uroboros - as I mentioned, I was posting for skunky - not you. Period.

jinx, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That doesn't alter the fact that you picked a damn poor place to do that, though, does it?

I wonder what happened to that other weasel, Neb? He was lurking around here a little while ago sending nasty PMs. He probably had to scuttle back to DMOZ to report what's going on to the rest of the hatchet crew. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  15. helleborine

Best Answers:
    I know that you were addressing gboisseau, dear jcand, since you insist on using editor names, including mine though I have not used it in two years.

You see my dear, I am the kind of person that feels more outrage at wrongs done unto others, than wrongs done unto me. Including for instance other metas that send people PMs calling them "clueless moron" - very classy.

Happy Trails, jcand. Happy Trails to you.

16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lets see here one META qouted

Another one of my faorite

popotalk, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder when they are going to deal with Admin and her commercial web sites? :rolleyes:

Annie is a good woman who argued many times with me about DMOZ corruption, it is sad that finally she had to be convinced about organizational corruption and abuse in DMOZ through her own removal.

gworld, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    minstrel and threebuckchuck like this.
  18. jinx

jinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

jinx, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another Favorite

popotalk, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The 5 Metas actually can be 1 or 2 Metas. I also strongly suspect an Admin and a Meta are the same person. ;)

gworld, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    helleborine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.