1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's Yahoo's reply to my request to get unbanned

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by briandunning, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a shame that some people feel the need to behave in this manner. I am not sure if some realise this but we all, when posting in a professional forum like this, have a duty to consider the implications.

I know we all mess about a bit on here as anywhere, I know we post some daft shit, but & it is a big but, the serious stuff we post here can and does affect how much people earn. I will repeat that another way, WE, you , I, can and DO affect the lives of others by helping/hindering their site(s) .

When I reply to a serious post abou the concerns of someone I treat them no differently to if they were a paying customer (I am sure many others do the same But I can only speak for myself). The only difference between them and a paying customer is that paying customers come first so I am only able to help for free when I have the time. Quality wise, I make no distinction.

The advice dolled out here and on other quality forums , for FREE is worth tens of thousands of $£ etc, this advice earns people a LOT of money (visit the adsense thread for proof). However, it is also possible to destroy a business, and actually LOSE money for people, by giving out false, misleading or incorrect information, be it intentially or through ignorance.

This is the reason why you will often see small flame wars start up, when a professional web guy/gal who can see the potential for damage to the sites/earnings/lives of others as a result of such misinformation. There is on the whole NO nastiness, there is by and large indignance and a care for others, because if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here helping others for free.

The task of running a website for profit is not an easy one, and I for one would not want to be starting out in webmarketing today. Scaremongering of this nature really can do damage to the lives of others, and you sir, should be man enough to apologise, or at least explain yourself better. Hopefully some (including you) will learn from this thread, so at least some good will have come from it.

Sorry for the heavy post on a Saturday morning, but I just post what the gut tells me to (just as I SEO lol)!

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 24, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.