1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing busvertiso.com

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by save-a-family, Jun 2, 2007.

Hello DPers,

I today have launched my advertising website, busvertiso. The idea of busvertiso is to offer the marketing benefits only the ''big guys'' can normally afford for a price most webmasters can afford.

I am getting a custom bus built for this website by one of the top US speciality vehicle makers that will tour 100 cities in the United States to advertise our ''busvertisers.'' You can learn more by visiting the site yourself.

I wanted to know what you would recommend for marketing the site in its early stage. Where would you recommend me to advertise to reach webmasters? What press release service should I use? What other methods can help me spread the word? The idea is unique, everything is custom, and the value is there. I only need to reach those who are willing to busvertise now.

Your help and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

save-a-family, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  2. scriptman

scriptman Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say you're on the right route (no pun intended) already. Bringing your website to the attention of developed forums for webmasters would be a good way to drive valuable traffic to your business.

scriptman, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  3. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you scriptman, I appreciate your input. This definitely should help the site receive traffic and exposure. However, I would like recommendations from DPers of what else can be done.

Please let me know what press release services you would recommend, what websites would bring valuable traffic to this website, and what other promotional methods can be used.

I really appreciate it guys.

4. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody can help out? Green reps will be given to those who provide recommendations. I really hope to get replies from the DP community as there are many experienced webmasters here.

5. scriptman

scriptman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I understand you want suggestions from experienced members but it seems they aren't replying right now. I will try and offer some more help, if nothing else to bump your thread :)

I found this web directory list today:

http://www.best-web-directories.com/free-directories.htm

Which seems quite handy. Maybe it would be worth submitting your site to some of them. I have done so just a few hours ago. You could visit blog websites that deal with website publicity and slip your website into a comment or two. That should bring some traffic interested in what you offer... Other than that I am new to this game too so here's hoping an experienced member can help you out.

*bump* :)

scriptman, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  6. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time with directory submissions, articles submissions, etc for a site like this. I would recommend top spot at http://www.prweb.com (will cost $500+). Also send a press release to each city, your own city (with a local spin), http://www.ap.org/, techcrunch, and send leads to editors at 20+ newspapers. Create a myspace and facebook page and start pumping it up. Create a promotional video and upload it to youtube, so people can visual see what it's all about (while the site is nice, it lacks the BUZZING! this project needs). Get a blog. I really recommend a more UPBEAT website and logo as well. Possibly a name change too. Something catchy, teeny, and conveys the project well. Big Screen Bus Tour (ok lame, but it says more about your project than the current name). Maybe try some pay per click campaigns for "bus advertising". Best of luck.

drig, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  7. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much scriptman. I am more interested in press releases, advertising on high trafficed websites, and things alike. I am planning on offering good advertising value for those who buy spots on my website, so free web directories do not really work well.

Drig, your post was very detailed and helpful, many thanks. This is exactly the information I am looking for. Your post confirmed some thoughts I had and I will definitely follow your suggestions.

Many thanks, a Green rep, and a free link on my site if you would like.

Anybody else has any suggestions?

save-a-family, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  8. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you visit site that I found to be useful for locating related webmaster on your services and talk to them directly.

http://www.big-boards.com/

You can locate plenty of them that might be interest on your service you provide.

kenbiz, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  9. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks kenbiz. I will check it out now.

Anybody else?

Thank you all for your time.

save-a-family, Jun 3, 2007 IP