1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too many cheats here... should they be exposed?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by itsme, May 16, 2007.

1. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pete,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I hope your sites are doing well.

Typically, when you deal with low-cost writing, you get lots of plagiarism and poor writing. It's very rare to get a solid writer to do anything for cheap. :)

Leaving negative feedback is a good idea. It's one thing to get a crappy article. It's another when it's a complete rip of someone's work.

marketjunction, May 27, 2007 IP
  2. sonofsam

sonofsam Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should post their username, as a service to this community. It will save webmasters from being scammed in the future. If everybody ignored it because it was 5$, it would soon add up to hundreds of dollars stolen from webmasters here.

sonofsam, May 27, 2007 IP
  3. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks, sites are doing ok for now. :)

Just a heads up to people reading this thread, Marketjunction is a great writer. I've always been happy with his work.

As far as finding a solid writer to anything cheap, that's not easy for sure... But like I said before, this was NOT an important project and I didn't even expect good work so I kinda expected crap (just not stolen crap) ;)

itsme, May 28, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  4. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's quite enough and realistic. Any complaints to Paypal and stuff simply won't work at all:rolleyes:

NathanielJ, May 28, 2007 IP
  5. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Expose him , even if sometime i might cost u some infractions , but we will take care of him and be sure he dont scam again :mad:

commandos, Jun 2, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  6. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also believe what others already mentioned in the first page: expose them, leave negative i-trader and move on.

In this particular case: it's "good" to see these people getting banned (like you mentioned), and thumbs up for DP admins/mods for taking action.

Game Producer, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  7. articlewriter

articlewriter Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree, post with iTrader and move on. I've had clients come to me for $1,000 worth of work, so I guess you can be thankful that your learning experience only cost you $5 instead of $1,000!

A list of trusted writers might be a good idea, but we'd all have to think about how to set up such a system.

articlewriter, Jun 3, 2007 IP