1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Trust - Your Views?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by antum, May 29, 2007.

Hi there,

There was an excellent discussion on Search Engine Trust over here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=85708

And I've just listened to the video Ed Dale put out about it, almost begging people to try it.

Now usually I would just carry on and not pay much attention to this, but Ed Dale sounds so convincing and I've taken on a lot of his advice in the past and been successful with it. I'm just a bit skeptical about this system.

Could someone please offer me their views? Especially if we can get someone who has trialled the system.

Thanks,
    Ant

antum, May 29, 2007 IP
  2. Homebrew

Homebrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using SET for about a month now. I cherry pick long tail keywords and use SET to get the pages indexed. It works very well and very fast. I have about 10 keywords in Google positions 1-3. Dozens of others in positions 3-10. If you would like to see proof, search pool toy storage and similar for our site at pool-pockets.com.

Homebrew

Homebrew, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  3. Stuarts

Stuarts Peon

Best Answers:
    The bottom line is that it works well.

Its like everything in life. Sometime you just have to suck it and see.

Personally I have had good success with it in terms of helping out keywords to rank higher.

Like everything though its not magic.

You will actually have to do some work posting etc ;)

But if you do that there is no reason you wouldn't enjoy good success with it.

Stuart

Stuarts, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  4. 4duke

4duke Peon

Best Answers:
    The proof is in the results. Here are mine for a very competitive keyword in just one week:

Start: May 24, 2007:

Google: 124
    MSN: 34
    Yahoo: 7

3 days later: May 27, 2007

Google: 133
    MSN: 28
    Yahoo: 6

6 days later: May 30, 2007

Google: 75
    MSN: 25
    Yahoo: 6

How do you like them apples?

Mike

4duke, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  5. tlorance

tlorance Peon

Best Answers:
    SET is powerful. I did ONLY one little test post with an anchor text phrase that is not on my web site and with no optiminzation of my page for that keyword phrase and I have number 6 position (in Google) for exact phrase match for a competitive term.

tlorance, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  6. HdBiker

HdBiker Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using it too for maybe 8 weeks or so and just getting more into it the last few weeks - and, yes, it isn't magic since you actually have to do some work - like Stuart said, you've got to post and do the posts correctly. But then it is a lot like magic. How much work does depend on the keywords and the pages as well as links naturally, but that's just like always.

Plus there's some other cool stuff from Ed.

Think about it - pretty much unlimited one-way incoming links - links embedded in relevant content with your own anchor text on sites with PR that really pass it along. Think it would help you out?

Richard

HdBiker, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  7. sparrowhill

sparrowhill Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just got started with using SET,

I started using SET for a site I have very competitive keywords and difficult to start seeing rankings with my own linking strategies.

With the SET system I am starting to see results, I just got my first top 10 results showing in very short order.

So I have faith I will continue to see results.

Ed

sparrowhill, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  8. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL go all the backers with 1 post. I get better results then the data given, maybe i should make an ebook and promote it with multiple accounts.

Edit: After making my post, i found an ironic comment from a few months back by a fellow webmaster i trust regarding this "snake oil" system...

Edit 2: The same bunch of newbies in this thread posted on the other forum in the same manner, lol go away.

sweetfunny, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  9. pjones

pjones Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the dumbest things that people do is to judge something BEFORE reviewing the Facts, hearing the whole story, or checking it out for THEMSELVES! I read the other forums posts, and the guys making all the negative comments have never even TRIED it. Personally I could care less if you guys ever use SET, but don't bash on something you don't know ANYTHING about. I have used the system for about 2 weeks now, and in that time I have seen DRAMATIC results! I went from a Zero ranking in the Google search, to a #10 for one keyword phrase, and #16 on another. And I have only put in about 3-5 hours per week. I keep hearing "its too good to be true", and "snake oil salesman", but this is NOT too good to be true, it is just a Logical and efficient application of an already existing process or technique. Placing outbound, One way links on Highly Ranked PR Sites, embedded in Relevant content, pointing to your site. This is also one the the BEST ways to gain Trust with the Search Engines. It is just Piggybacking. Though I still consider myself Fresh into IM, I have been studying IM for over 2 years now. In that time I have seen Hundreds of Snake Oil Salesman, but SET is NOT one of them. The Power of Search Engine Trust to gain you high rankings in such a Short Time is Phenomenal, and that's the TRUTH! Try it and See for yourself. And if not then just Move On!

and BTW... If Ed Dale is endorsing it Personally, That should tell you something about its Credibility.

pjones, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  10. InnocuousOldTimer

InnocuousOldTimer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am a newbie. No, I am not the same person registering under different user names. I am simply going to relate "some" of my results from using search engine trust.

Oh my wait, not another one. Another shill? Well, this Oldtimer had heard that word used all my life and quite frankly until today I had never actually looked it up in a dictionary. So here, for the benefit of all who have to this point in their lives heard the expression used and taken the writer's (or person stating it) expressiveness as being the gospel definition, here is what I found:

1. shill - a decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to stimulate the participation of others
    decoy, steerer - a beguiler who leads someone into danger (usually as part of a plot)
    Verb 1. shill - act as a shill; "The shill bid for the expensive carpet during the auction in order to drive the price up"

Now, first of all, I do not have a link, affiliate or otherwise to search engine trust, I am merely a customer who is about to relate "some" of the results I have personally had from just a few of the specific posts I have made to blogs within their system.

In the second part of being a "beguiler" - man is that sinister or what? Usually I think (in my many years on this earth) the beguiler is one who takes his/her time and lures you into a dangerous situation that you, a full fledged adult should know better? But hey, who am I, just a newbie.

The last part of the definition relating to running the price up on something, well that would seem to not be appropriate to this discussion.

I noticed on the other forum that they stopped the thread on further discussion of SET, guess they were getting too many positive comments to outweigh the one or two negative they received from one or two people who had the system all of, well 24 hours I think and never used it? Then got a full refund! Wow, he sure had a lot of credibility didn't he?

It will be interesting to see if this post stays or goes in your forum.

One of the reasons I will not reveal too much about myself here is that about 3 years ago I did an interview with a paid service that features successful internet businesses that are generally doing over $100K a year. Within a month of doing that interview, I noticed a lot of my content being scrapped BIG time. Within 3 months I was losing traffic so scrapper sites that had taken some of my content and used it on their sites.

Let me add here that I have always done total WHITE HAT on my site - in March 2005 the big G knocked me from my rankings BIG time, I lost 90% of my traffic (and income). It took a year to recover back to about 40-50% of what I was doing before the interview. Now if you wonder why I am cautious about revealing too much info about myself or sites (yes, I have diversified BIG time since this happened - definite recommendation).

I became a subscriber to SET around the 5th of May. I did not have time to begin making any posts until the 8th (I think) - I was very selective - wrote very good, targeted posts and only posted them to the blogs with categories specific to the subject matter being written about.

Rather than post how my traffic counts increased for those specific pages (which it did), I will give you actual results. Now to accomodate the outright negative minds who might read this, I compared April to May 2007 and to compensate (and keep the negativety below a fevered pitch) I knocked a day off my May stats and only took them from 2 May thru 31 May. Here goes:

A CPA program: 1-30 April: $416.00 - 2-31 May: $516.00

Adsense From A specific Page: 1-30 April: $6.79 - 2-31 May: $18.58

ClickBank specific item sales: 1-30 April: $238.28 - 2-31 May: $314.24

Now overall, I have not calculated my sales for May yet, but I do know that a couple of the vendors I deal directly with have actually called me and wondered what I was doing to generate the increased sales and whatever it was to keep on doing it (here is another recommendation - affiliate programs aren't everything - if you can market on the Internet - you can market for a whole lot more $$ than the usual selling shovels to the gold miners programs that make up most of the affiliate programs out there).

So I think I have covered everything I wanted to cover - whether you try a subscription to SET or not, means nothing to me (actually it is probably better if you do not since it means less competition in the system). But quite frankly after learning the BS that was floating around the forums I felt compelled to leave my usualy marketing mode and add my 2 cents.

I wish everyone the best of success in your life and your business. An Internet business ain't easy, but you can succeed at it if you work at it and make your own decisions. I may be back, if I see something that interests me but time is way too valuable when you get to my age.

(Notice how old I am? I use NO hype - just like Joe Friday 'look that one up you youngsters' I'll help you - "just the facts, maam") - Great show, watched it every week as a kid.

InnocuousOldTimer, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  11. Blexlux

Blexlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

You can call me a shill or a plant or whatever, but I've got some factual information to provide that you can evaluate for yourself. Against my better judgment I'll give you a "throw-away" site of mine that's making anywhere from $10-$35 a day ENTIRELY from Search Engine Trust.

I was one of the "early pioneers" with SET and I threw together a storefront site using an automated program. You can find the site here -> http://PlaybyPlayPro.com. If you type PlaybyPlayPro.com into Google you'll see that it's got 626 links. First of all, I COMPLETELY blew the setup and promotion of this site. I've probably spent 25 minutes combined on it over the last 5 months.

I did the automated directory submission thing and Search Engine Trust. I got indexed IMMEDIATELY through Search Engine Trust, and the site has built up a PR rank of 3, COMPLETELY hands-off.

Now, all of that's well and good, but the name of the game is MONEY. Has it been a good return on investment? Domain registration? repaid. Monthly hosting? repaid. SET subscription? repaid. Profit? Yes, more than just spending change.

So according to this evaluation, I'm more than satisfied. In fact, when the owner surveyed us and asked if we were willing to give a testimonial I was glad to volunteer. Does that make me a shill? You can call me what you want. I'm okay with that.

My other sites are doing MUCH better now that I know what the heck I'm doing. Yes, SET had it's problems with people posting the wrong content on the wrong blogs. I think that the owners are stepping up their policing of this. But I've learned SO MUCH from my direct conversations with Nicolas that I'd gladly pay the subscription fee just for one-on-one consulting each month. He's an ethical guy and he's accessible (at least in my experience).

And if you're ready to discount my post because I just registered today and it smells like a shill to you, I can understand that. Actually, a friend of mine who I met through SET emailed me to check out this thread. He hadn't posted to it, but I can assure you that he's doing GANGBUSTER business through promoting his own $197 product with an $1197 backend through SET. He had no product or promotion going until he subscribed, so he attributes 100% of his success to SET. I'm not going to post his figures here, but he averages more than 3 sales a day. The backend converts at over 20%. Do the math.

I have to disagree with him on one thing though. His message to me was of the mindset that he was GLAD that SET was getting bashed in the forums. He would rather keep it small and unpopular. I don't think that he would ever start or contribute to the bashing, but he sure as heck isn't doing anything to counter it. I told him that I was going to register and post this comment, and he (jokingly) wrote back that it'll be the last time he alerts me to something like this.

All that I can say is, believe what you chose to believe. I don't think that you're going to hurt anyone either way. But you should get your facts straight. SET has a lot of powerful potential to it, and I'm REALLY seeing it in the promotions outside of the one I posted here.

Blessings to you either way!

Blexlux, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  12. lomanb

lomanb Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I find forums very helpful in determining the value of a product, normally I read and review rather than comment. However, when I have personally used a product I don't mind sharing my experience if it will help someone else make an informed decision. Because I have been taken so many times in the past, I think it only just to let others know what the Search Engine Trust system can do.

Note, my findings are on a small sample and over only a 4-5 week period. But, make no mistake, with the results I have seen, I will now be going full force with this linking program to revive my other sluggish 100 plus sites as well as any new sites I put up.

I certainly do not mean for this post to sound like a sales page. And I do understand the negative responses to the sales page. Any other time I would have understood, however because I have actually put the system to use and am currently seeing positive results from it I must give it a thumbs up. I am happy to say that the program is deserving of positive feedback. Too many investments in the past with linking and other seo programs have proven to be nothing short of worthless. That is often because so many of the tools I have seen in the past either are simply no good or they are past their prime when the owners offer them to the public.

On the positive side, the sites I have linked to from Search Engine Trust blogs are continually showing growth in rankings and traffic. Although I typically optimize my pages for google, my sites receive traffic and serp ranking increases from all the major search engines. The increase in serp results normally begin within 3-7 days and usually continue to increase for 2-3 weeks.

While the search engines are indexing and sorting, my inbound traffic to the specific pages generally increase as well. Of course, that has resulted in higher page views across my sites in general.

A few examples are
    1) a three keyword phrase for a brand new page to #29 in Google (with 377 million serps returned) in 7 days then to 17 after 2 weeks - this one also is at #2 & #3 in MSN
    2) a four keyword phrase that took a brand new page to #8 in Google serps in 7 days (with 24 million serps returned)
    there are severall other new pages in the top 3 spots for Google & MSN plus another 10 top 10 positions and numerous positions in the top 20-30 of the serps.

lomanb, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  13. sparrowhill

sparrowhill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well with all the scams that have come across in the past 2 years with adsense, I guess you can't blame people

Its a well known fact off page factors such as backlinks are very important.

The least you can do is try out the free pr6 and pr7 backlinks, whats the worst you can do, cancel being on a mailing list and get a couple of badly needed backlinks

Getting credible backlinks is more important than ever these days, with all the changes happening lately

Ed

sparrowhill, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  14. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    This just gets better, all the hype.. Do i get free steak knives when i join?

I'd keep this to yourself guys, the last thing you want is more people signing up spamming the blogs with even more irrelevant links devalueing your own links further.

A free tip, create good content and products and webmasters will link to you willingly instead of wasting your time and money URL hopping and link dropping.

sweetfunny, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  15. Kallie

Kallie Peon

Best Answers:
    It does get better, you actually get the steak too!

Good tip sweetfunny, but I still have to find the kind webmaster who will link from his PR6 site to my new PR0 site without me paying him for it or requiring a back link, which boils down to reciprocal linking which we all know is rather useless at its best.

I have been a member of SET for two months now, created a few new sites to test the capability of SET. Well they were all indexed within 2 days of being published and guess what, within a week they were ranking on page one in Google.

If those were irrelevant links, well I am very impressed with them!

But lets make this interesting, how about a little challenge? You choose the keyword and we both create a page on a new site and see who gets and stays at the top first? I will use my SET and you can ask your webmasters who you referred to or whatever other way you use to rank your pages.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, are you ready to grab your spoon?

Karl

Kallie, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  16. Homebrew

Homebrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why is it wrong to use an anchor text system that works? You seem to be selling links also:

Hello,

Offering Homepage PR5 Text Links for $20 for 1 year.

Maximum links on the page will be just 12, Payment via Paypal. You can also choose to have a short paragraph surrounding your text link if you provide one.

Domain also had an .edu backlink

Bargain, as it works out at $1.66 per month!

EDIT: I knew this would happen, no i will not do just a month for $1.66 or any other duration. It's $20 for a year, take it or leave it.

You can keep bashing SET, but the reality is they have many people that are satisfied with the service. If they weren't, they would cancel.

Homebrew

Homebrew, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  17. jonaro8

jonaro8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost hate replying to this thead about SET. But really it just irks me when close-minded people dump on something they know nothing about.

They even closed the thread at the other forum. There's a beneficial thread... only listen to us because everyone else who does not agree is full of sh*t. Sounds like propaganda to me. But who I am to judge... I am not a member of that forum so my experience is limited.

What I can attest to is that SET has been working for me. It's not a magic pill... nothing ever is even though everyone seems to keep running around looking for it.

I do my necessary market research and then I hit em hard using SET. But like anything out there... you really have to try it for yourself and monitor the results. It's been a really great addition to my gameplan.

Live your best life everyday :)

Jon

jonaro8, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  18. dolphinboy

dolphinboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't usually post to forums as would rather use my time writing quality articles and posts - but - to add my two bobs worth SET works for me.

I built a brand new site, new domain name and quality articles promoted only through SET has resulted in all pages indexed very quickly and a growing number of search terms (quite competative) showing up on the first page of google and many many others on the second and third pages of results.

Am I happy? Sure am!

Cheers

Tony

dolphinboy, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  19. jswing

jswing Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to sound like a broken record but I think SET rocks! I've been using it for a month now and am seeing some great results. I agree with the guy who thinks SET should be kept quiet so that's all I'm going to say on the subject ;)

jswing, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  20. LegalClipper

LegalClipper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll agree that SET does rock!

Pretty cool system if you ask me. Tons of link love and easy to
    use system.

Worth checking out- definitely for SEO....:D

--

LegalClipper, Jun 1, 2007 IP