1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need black/white custom graphics

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Enrageshirts, Sep 20, 2005.

I need a graphic artist to create photoshop graphics. These will be simple two tone spot colors (black and white), nothing fancy. I just have little artistic ability and need some fresh art to place on my t-shirts.

Check my website for ideas, I don't need text, just the clipart. http://www.enrageshirts.com

I told you they were simple.

some requests I currently need are-

homeless guy under a bridge
    younger looking guy walking a bunch of dogs on leashes
    Fat kid stuck in a locker

What I do is take these graphics, combine them with a caption, something funny, and then print them on shirts. I'll gladly explain my idea in full detail to give you the complete picture, main thing is that when people look at the graphic and caption, they say "Hey, that's funny"

Like for the "homeless guy under a bridge", the caption will read "trolls don't live under bridges, homeless people do"

Fat kid stuck in a locker- caption will read "Fat kids don't fit in lockers"

chuckle a little bit, that's part of the qualification, a sense of humor

I'll pay $30 per graphic, that is $30 for ownership. If you're good, take 20 min. I'll be needing a new graphic about once a week, possibly more, so it's an additional income for anyone with an artistic hand.

Yes, people actually buy my shirts.

Enrageshirts, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  2. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    Not sure I understand... you want custom illustrations that are unique to your site - or clipart that is in the royalty free domain that you can use in this way?

If the first answer, then 20 minutes and $30 per graphic is a little bit crazy - it would take significantly longer than that to create. If the second answer, then you probably just need someone with a significant amount of clipart and the ability to manipulate it, or you could get yourself a subscription to clipart.com and have it.

That said, I have a feeling that your concepts are off center enough that there might not be clipart that is perfect for each concept - and then you're back to option 1, custom design.

I'm weighing in because I do both custom and modified clipart designs to my own sayings and stuff on HomeBizWear.com and have some experience with this. I AM an illustrator, and have done designs from scratch for clients, but it is time consuming and only a handful of my designs on that site are hand drawn. So I guess I'm curious how to interpret your question and I had to put my .02 in :)

Webturtle, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  3. Enrageshirts

Enrageshirts Peon

Best Answers:
    I need custom/manipulated graphics that are created in photoshop. I don't care where they came from, hell, if they're able to find a graphic that works, I'll pay $30 for it. I've seen a friend make one in 20 min, only problem is that he only draws that japanese s#*T.

The graphics will be unique to my site, clipart.com doesn't have enough, I need custom, like my "black bear" design, took me like 4 hours, combination of 2 pieces of clipart modified.

T-Shirts about working at home, do those even sell?

Enrageshirts, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  4. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks for clarifying - I wish you luck getting what you want!

And yes, they sell - actually, not just the shirts, I've done pretty well with things like the mouse pads and coasters too. When you figure that 54% of all small businesses are based in the home (statistic from US Small Business Association, 2004), there is certainly enough people doing work from home. The tricky part has been marketing it - the response has been great, when I get it in front of people. But search engine marketing is nearly impossible considering the amount of competition for terms related to home based business. And its the sort of stuff people aren't LOOKING for but they like it when they see it.

So obviously, sales ride a roller coaster but yes, people do buy this stuff. Its funny - I had the same thought about yours - so obviously we are not each others audience. :D

Have fun!

Webturtle, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  5. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a suggestion for you. Most of the graphic artists that hang out here are professional artists. What you need is artists that need work to place in their portfolios. So try to place your thread in the deviant art forums..under jobs. You will receive plenty of people willing to do it..because they want to fill a portfolio.~Corena

corena, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.