1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Owner of Lexcorps.com?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SasaVtec, May 28, 2007.

1. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    dvduval already sent me a pm about that. Thanks for your concern and reporting me.
    LOL, my parents? I'm not some broke punk kid. Thats why I laughed at the post about contacting my host and get files removed off the server, lol, ya right, In your dreams. You guys just like to attack people.
    Does it look like I wrote post #47, hardly, that would be someone that knows alittle more about law than you or I.
    I'm just posting in my defense, this forum is a great tool. And I'll use it just fine.

And I have an extra $30.00 to spend on links, thanks Aoen or whatever your name is.

Lex350, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lex. It seems to me as if you are really doing yourself no favors. Sure some people on here may have double standard morals when it comes to piracy but lets face it you admit you stole some work, and is it not right to give credit? If you really have been around on the internet for 7 years you will remember when the internet was about connecting websites, and connecting people not trying to be the top. The people here are nice people 99% of the time and do you not see how you are being silly by creating all these problems over a simple thing like a link? You could get your rep back up on Digitalpoint and around the web and not make enemys just with a small link. I ask you in a kind way to please think about it, I'm not going to judge as I steal from Microsoft and Adobe, but these are not big companys, they spend many hours with little or not wage, they feel it everytime something like this happens. Please do think about putting it back on.

KIbeth, May 30, 2007 IP
  3. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I agree and disagree with some of your comments. I dought any of those companies would agree with you, Big or small. True some of these guys need the money and I'm happy to pay, paid for the scripts, softwares and links but as Directory owner #1 states "He don't need my money" Sounds like hez doing just fine to me, OK.
    Links are up where there due, tools, scripts.. so on. You think these templetes are free? Get a clue. Why do you think you have a pr 2-3 Directory and they have pr 5-6+ directories.

Again for the record, I'm not using anyones templete and links are being restored where needed.

Lex350, May 30, 2007 IP
  4. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt they would agree aswell, but that is how my morals are, big companys don't feel the effect as much as the small ones so my morals sway to protecting the small ones. I know these templates are not free, but not much in life is free! But by free I mean payment. Good to know you are putting links where they need to be.

KIbeth, May 30, 2007 IP
  5. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you had done that about the time you posted your 1st post.

All of these guys would have been happy and would have welcomed you.

Past is past - Be nice and paly with the team.

Wish all these guys will forget the bad pard and be friendly with you.

Thanks

stock_post, May 30, 2007 IP
  6. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:

he didnt put shit up, still using my template just a diff. css file

SasaVtec, May 31, 2007 IP
  7. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Um, I'm not using any of your tpl files, they came with the software, I wrote some more and I paid for some of the others. I have 40 right now, none yours, it came with 24. And you contacted me on a holiday weekend then less than 24 hrs you post here and all your buddies jump me.

Theres not one thing on that site that belongs to anyone else. If there is let me know and I'll remove it.

Lex350, May 31, 2007 IP
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZasaurusOwned!!!

sucks to be you.

an0n, May 31, 2007 IP
  9. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    What a contrasting views... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NeoGen, May 31, 2007 IP
  10. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah big risk, fancy investing in with an honest and well respected directory owner like Rob? http://www.directorydump.com/mainsearches-link-583.html and http://www.webdirectorybid.com/m.html Big Risk! Thanks Rob (an0n)

Did that hurt? http://www.bigweblinks.com/ Notice the number 1 website!

Just add the footer links or remove the template.
    You have a lot of hard work ahead of you to earn the respect of follow members; if you can achieve this your business will grow.
    People like Chris (mystikmedia) have high Pr sites because of big spending, he paid for the sponsored links to be placed on the free templates!.
    We all make mistakes the thing is to learn by them.

Just my thoughts

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, May 31, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  11. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can tell by the responses of some individuals that I am dealing with a couple of kids here... You feel sorry for my parents? Sorry buddy but I'm not 17 and I don't live under the wings of my folks like you obviously do. I went a legitimate route and paid for what I had to pay for... Then I used that information as a starting point to try and create something different. Its very obvious that I am dealing with a bunch of punk kids. If this is the penalty for your PAYING customers then I expect your business to fail. You could have approached the situation like a mature business person but instead had to make a thread to flame me and then put me on a "blacklist." Can't wait to see you idiots get into the real world outside of mommy & daddy's basement...

And you people are failing to read the information that I wrote. Yes it does matter if others are flaming me for "stealing" when they are doing the same thing. If you design a template with pirated software or with an academic version of software, you are NOT allowed to profit from it. How can some of you sit hear and bitch when you use pirated sotware? To the gentleman who has "all legit" stuff, I applaud you. I wish that creative design applications were more affordable so the world could express themselves...

Furthermore, PHPLD is distributed under the GNU, so it doesn't matter if his license agreement says to have a recursive link. The GNU states that you are allowed to modify distributed copies, period! It is the concept of open source software. If you really want to profit off your endeavors then go design a LD in ASP, not an open source language like PHP. Basically you are trying to rip people off by modifying a product people gave to you for FREE.

And as far as the template goes, yes I used the CSS file as a starting point. But I hardly stole your whole damn thing. My site doesn't even look like yours and the template was crap to begin with. You can "copyright" a layout... The images are different, the CSS is modified, and so has the layout. The template was used as a starting point and then I redesigned the whole thing, so how is it your template?

And to an earlier response: The DMCA is related to DRM exploitation, so please don't threaten me with your legal BS...

Lex350, May 31, 2007 IP
  12. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    You aren't talking to kids here. Parents take pride in their children all their lives. They can also feel ashamed of them if they lack decent values. Age doesn't matter when it comes to a parent's pride or shame.

Then why are you complaining about being reported to the script owner? :rolleyes:

Who uses pirated software? In my house we certainly don't! I've learned over the past 40+ years that people who make these wildly unfounded accusations are usually guilty of the deed themselves. Don't assume we all use pirated software just because you do! :mad:

Oh, but God gives us seed, sunshine and rain for free. Would you also say it's ok to steal seed, or food grown by farmers? Can we still steal it when it's modified and makes its way to grocery stores or restaurants? Heck even worse, Portland cement is just sitting in the ground until someone goes and digs it up. Do you feel construction companies are ripping us off by using it and charging us? Same goes for coal.... shall I go on?

umm, can we say derivative work?

Lex, you aren't being flamed here or a mod would have shut this thread down. You need to man-up. Admit your errors and fix them....ALL of them or you'll deserve no respect.

compostannie, May 31, 2007 IP
    onlinedude, NeoGen and an0n like this.
  13. Dawzz

Dawzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Want to bet on it? ;)

Dawzz, May 31, 2007 IP
  14. Dawzz

Dawzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

You best go read up on it a tad bit :)

Your site can be taken down with a properly submited dmca notice provided that you are indeed violating someones copyright or terms.

Hostgator responds very well and fast.
    Godaddy has been known to shut down the domain name also.

I speak from experience of having sites shut off.

Dawzz, May 31, 2007 IP
  15. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Seems hostgator has responded and the domain resolves to Account under suspension page:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NeoGen, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  16. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The account is not suspened. What the hell are you talking about.

Lex350, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  17. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can some1 pm me the link so i can know what site we're talking about here..lol

nando, Jun 21, 2007 IP