1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the best seminars to train you how to build successful internet businesses?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LeeD, Sep 15, 2005.

I am interested in going to one or two seminars this year to better myself and my business (web sites). I am interested in all aspects of online profitability from affiliate programs, adsense, YPN, link building, SEO, and the list goes on. This is my full time profession, yet I know so little.

I have heard SES (which is in Chicago this December) can be very good. I got an email the other day about Focus on the Future List Building and Traffic Building Seminar in Charlotte, North Carolina. I just don't know which ones are quality and will teach me something. Any advice? Where have you gone and felt like you got your money's worth?

Thanks in advance!

LeeD, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I went to the 'User Experience' a few years ago. It was very good.

nngroup.com/events/

But as far as SEO/traffic building seminars, I don't think there are any good ones. I've been to a few and typically they haven't been very helpful.

Crazy_Rob, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  3. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any other thoughts or first hand experiences?

LeeD, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bump - would really like some feedback here :)

LeeD, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    If you're strictly looking for information...DP and forums like DP are your best bet.

Crazy_Rob, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  6. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    If you don't have much of a focus, but you simply want to investigate ways to make money on line, then here is what I would recommend:

1) Watch the movie Scarface. Learn that, "first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women." This movie will also teach you the basic concepts of capitalism.

2) Read as much as you can here ad DP and other places like seochat.com (to learn about SEO as well as Adsense and affiliate programs).

3) Don't listen to your friends, your mother or anyone else. Just try your hand at one or two sites (if you have never done this before) to learn. It is unlikely that your first venture is going to be a huge monetary success, but you will learn a ton.

4) Repeat step 3 and integrate what you have learned along the way.

5) Repeat step 4.

chachi, Sep 22, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob and MattEvers like this.
  7. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a large network of sites that bring in right at 1 million visitors monthly. I am making decent money and want to explore the ways to learn more. I am a business man, not technical nor SEO savvy. Is something like SES going to benefit me or will something smaller be better?

LeeD, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  8. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Ok, well that is a little more info. I would try and read up here in the Adsense forums as well as in the affiliate program forums. People's biggest issues are usually getting traffic. If you have 1M real people coming to your sites every month, then you should be able to make some pretty decent chachi. I don't think you really need to go an spend a bunch of $$ to go to something like SES unless you just want to network with people in the industry. There are a lot of very smart people right here on DP who are making a LOT of money every day. Read through the forums. Then ask questions. You have free access to some very smart and generous minds right here every day. And, since tomorrow is Friday, you may want to watch the movie Friday before you watch Scarface. ;)

chachi, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  9. geej

geej Guest

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, stay away from Stores Online. They suck. I somehow got on their calling list and even after asking to be removed, they still call me about their Internet business seminar. I did however buy their home internet business package for the cost of shipping and handling. It had some good information in it, but most of which I already learned a long time ago.

geej, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  10. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been to seminars before which featured internet marketing, and to be honest with you they were a complete waste of time. To take it a step further, they were a rip off. The stuff they talk about is true, but then they try and pitch you an overpriced package for 3 grand that is supposed to help you reach the top of the search engines.

All the information here at DP is free and better than anything any seminar will try to sell to you. I don't believe that most people who have been successful in business attended seminars to get there. Seminars are rip offs. I know this from first hand experience because I lost 1,500 bucks fooling around with a seminar. That is a mistake I definitely won't make again.

tesla, Oct 15, 2005 IP