1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Natural Results Vs Adwords?

Discussion in 'Google' started by hsaleem, May 30, 2007.

Is there a study stating, what has proven to be the best in terms of traffic and sales when it comes to Natural results and Google AdWords?

Imagine this scenario and answer my question

Say you have a site that is on Page 1 and 3rd spot with a highly competitive keyword (Natural results) - On the other hand, you are also advertising that on Google AdWords with an unlimited daily budget and you are paying the maximum CPC. Will the organic result generate more clicks or PPC?

Assuming that AdWords are only running on G and not it's network sites...

hsaleem, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    organic results generate more clicks.....the conversion rate largely depends on the quality of the site

oseymour, May 30, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  3. Nachsohn

Nachsohn Peon

Best Answers:
    the first organic result has the highest CTR on the page.
    the first paid result (yellow) has the second high CTR on the page.

Nachsohn, May 30, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  4. igme

igme Banned

Best Answers:
    Organic and adwords I prefer organic because its low coast.

igme, May 30, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  5. NoamBarz

NoamBarz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know of a related study. However, I am currently experiencing this situation exactly. I am promoting a site that has been ranked #1 in google organic results for a year and a half straight. I still use adwords for the same keyword, however, there is a set budget. The keyword is very competitive. What I can say is that my budget is maximized every day and produces a substantial amount of clicks. The organic results produce more clicks, but I think this is a result of the set budget I have for the adwords campaign. My adwords budget is usually maximized by about 17:00 every day. At this point in time, the adwords campaign produces more clicks than the organic result. The rest of the organic result clicks come after 17:00 when my adwords account is maximized. This leads me to believe that top adwords poisitions (yellow) produce more clicks, in general, than a #1 organic result. Most users can't or don't care about the difference and simply click the first result they see - normally the yellow adwords resutls. It may be because of the target audience I'm shooting for, but I'm not sure that's the case. I think this is true most of the time, no matter who you're targeting and where.

NoamBarz, May 30, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  6. bess

bess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, organic has also the value of continuity, since AdWords campaigns will stop at some point. But from the point of view of organic vs adwords I didn't know there is a difference in CTR. Interesting to know.

bess, May 30, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  7. hsaleem

hsaleem Rocket!

Best Answers:
    I know that AdWords would stop after a time period or after the limit you have set for your campaign. What I want to know is

Are AdWords more attractive than the organic results? Try searching for any keyword and tell me which side of screen would you click on?

hsaleem, May 30, 2007 IP