1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Built for AdSense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you have a site about mesothelioma then you should be worried about it.
    but then why would you have a site like that?
    I think you should not worry about it. In fact i think all advertisers should not worry about it either. Advertising should be part of a budget, and therefore an expense. No-one could possibly say what works and what doesn't , otherwise everyone would advertise in the same place...
    the best way i know to advertise is according to a plan, and measure the results, then keep them PRIVATE.
    or just do it free !!
    like this free advertising place i know ;) ;)

Solicitors Mortgages, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I am going to go out on limb and say people who are running around trying to people who make sites for adsense banned are mostly people who make very little with adsense.

Once you see how much you make with adsense it becomes very tempting to make a site targeting expensive keywords. And once you do that , you are now part of the "problem"

ferret77, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  3. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I make quite a bit with AdSense. But I (and all the rest of us) would make more if more if there weren't sh**hole sites like this one in the network.

I work for an ad agency: I manage the search marketing department. We tell ALL our clients not to launch a new campaign with content ads turned on. I've seen a VERY FEW cases where we can take the best performing words from an AdWords campaign and have limited success with content ads.

IMO, AdSense as a marketing vehicle would be a more likely to work if you limited crap sites like this. ANd if it worked better, more advertisers would participate, which means more money for AdSense publishers.

iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    debunked and aeiouy like this.
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You are incredibly naive and apparently fairly ignorant.

Your attitude suggests you are destined to be kicked out of adsense eventually.

But I am sure you can find some other way to game the system.

The idea that everyone chases the perceived easy path regardless of consequences is silly. That is actually a very immature mindset.

Feel free to do what you want.. but don't speak to the motives of others nor claim what they would or would not do in any set of circumstances.

aeiouy, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  5. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't you just click on the "Ads by Gooooogle" link to report anything?

SamOwen, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  6. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    *edited*... nevermind... discussing this with the wrong group :)

TiGG, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    spdude likes this.
  7. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I lost track of my overall point... basically what I'm saying is look at the value in sites, don't just complain about them. Learn from them... you don't have to build complete "junk" sites such as this one... you can learn how they make their money, adapt the idea, and use it to make money and add good content to the net.

TiGG, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  8. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the ignorant question.. UPS club means over $10,000/month in Adsense earnings?

spdude, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  9. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Honestly I feel like efforts are better served improving your own stuff then trying to beat a scrap/spamer. I see them come and go constantly. I only have so much time a day to work on my stuff so I would rather improve my existing stuff then worry about what others are doing.

I get MANY emails encouraging me to report people and sometimes I admit its tempting but I think its bad karma. (even if they are breaking tos)

There is 1 exception and that is when I see my adwords on a scrap/spam site. This is money directly from my pocket. I have been refunded each one I reported so far. (its only been 3 in 2 years)

Shoemoney, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  10. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Making lots off money off adsense is hard work and isn't for most people.

You need a website with lots of content and then you need traffic

Traffic is the hardest part. Just slapping a bunch of pages won't always work. Search engine raning takes time and google sandboxes. Then you have to get links to move up but most poeple don;t want to lnk with you or dont respond. Then you get some people visiting and you have to get clicks but the clicks only pay 4 cents and since your site doesnt show up in any of the engines you won't get many visitors anyway.

IamNed, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  11. redmachine76

redmachine76 Peon

Best Answers:
    i'am agree with Shoemoney, there are hundreds if not thousands of scrap/spamer site created daily.
    You won't be able to defeat them by looking for them and report to google.
    The only way you can win is by create a better website , improve it everyday.....
    and WORRY about some things not in our hand is not good thing to do, it can bring you down.

and offcourse i'am not trying to defend these scrap/spamer site!

my 2c

redmachine76, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure not a single person here has said they spend time going out of their way looking for sites in violation of adsense.

But I also think it is a poor use of time if you come across a site you don't spend the 30 seconds it takes to drop an email to google. I came across a site the other day while I was looking for link exchanges for one of my sites. Sent an e-mail whole thing took 30 seconds.

aeiouy, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  13. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Oh please admit it you guys don't make a lot off adsense,

some of you guys are some broke jealous kids, sitting around in your moms basement

and it bothers you that someone else who cut corners is doing better then you

ferret77, Sep 21, 2005 IP
    spdude likes this.
  14. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the world of capitalism? A labor in China works 20 hours per day but her monthly income is much less that what a Wall Street executive earns in a day.

Wait, it gets better! The executive keeps making on money, until one day the SEC found that he is guilty of insider trading. He got sent to jail for 30 years and his asset is frozen.

The Chinese laborer works for 30 years. From a weasel to supervisor to plant manager and eventually take over the factory.

AH-HA!

my44, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  15. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah good example... 1 out of ever 100 million end up there too... the other 99,999,999 executives are making their 6 figures and the china guys are still making their 3-4 figures... its not a perfect world.

Its about motivation and getting out of the rat race. Reporting the site doesn't waste so much time its going to cost you money. Simply, generally speaking, the people who complain about the success of others are the same people who wont succeed on a high level themselves because they're focused on the negativity in the world and in their business.

TiGG, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to ignore Pete Jr.

aeiouy, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  17. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    What is success anyway? Some people never find true success despite being seen as successful...

IamNed, Sep 21, 2005 IP
    Voasi likes this.
  18. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    My viewpoint on the whole subject is the following. The goal of having a website is to provide something useful to visitors. Your visitors is the most important thing... period.
    Revenue should be secondary. And in the end if you look after your visitors you are actually looking after and increasing your revenue too.

I'm fedup with sites like those that are made only to create money, and offers no real benefit to anyone except the "webmaster" himself. Sites like those, make it much harder for people to find what they are actually looking for, and is a basic waste of the visitors time.

Crusader, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  19. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I wish everyone made all their sites just like this, because then I would rule the internet

ferret77, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  20. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    And if everyone built sites with just revenue in mind and not actual visitors, then the internet will be absolute crap, and people will go back to using books and other means to find what they are looking for.

The beauty of the internet is supposed to be that it is easy for you to find information/products etc. without much effort, but with more and more crap sites to wade through, there will come a time when people won't bother...

Crusader, Sep 21, 2005 IP