1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Built for AdSense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Guys

I think whole being google adsense police thing is crock

you guys don't care about the advertisers, you are just jealous that someone else might be making a few bucks that you arn't getting

You guys are like people who call the cops on someones party becasue you where not invited

Jeez, work on your own sites, make some moeny and let everyone else live.

That site is created by another webmaster just like you trying to get by, but but becasue you are jealous , or have some bee in your bonnet you want to try to put them out of business.

Its got to be the lamest things I have every heard,

ferret77, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    Tommo likes this.
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney certainly reports those he deems 'Built for AdSense' web sites as do many in here. I think it's mainly because they don't like the fact they bust their balls, while these others are taking a seemingly easier route. Not one I'd take simply because it pushes the boundaries too much I feel, but I certainly aren't going to report anyone pushing the boundry. Good luck to them, we're all in it for the money.

What Mr Shoe and many don't realise of course is that they all build websites for AdSense and all break that clause in the policy about building sites for AdSense. They ignore this like they would their wife cheating on them as they're so pathetic and in denial over their own policy breaches. Righteous point the finger scum bags.

Anyone building websites for AdSense, not to mention giving advice on forums about how to build and tweak your web site for AdSense and go around reporting others who do exactly the same thing, just with perhaps less value to their sites, are fucking numb nuts. They should mind their own business, especially when they're in breach of the same policy themselves.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    Tommo likes this.
  3. jahfingers

jahfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    I have reported a few that have "CLICK THE ADS" all over their site, but not the scrapers, as what they are doing doesn't clearly violate the AdSense TOS. I leave Google in charge of this, even though they clearly don't give a damn about the quality of their publisher network. If I were spending big bucks on AdWords, there is no way in hell I would place my ads on publisher sites.

jahfingers, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Not even if they converted, jahfingers?

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  5. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, everyone here doesn't want AdSense to come under just like the Microsoft ones (what was the name? it went bust I heard due to abuse). Google definitely know their stuff anyway.

my44, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  6. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand this If you were an advertiser on TV would you want your ads where the customers can see it on during a program the customer actually wanted to see (i.e searched specifically for) and along with relevant ads or would you want it at mixed up with other ads at a 3.00am?

If i was an adwords publisher I'd want it on a site that was targetted to my customers and that is exactly what these sites are highly targeted.

Tommo, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    charless likes this.
  7. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    agree 100%

toddieg, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    ferret77 likes this.
  8. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    And how right I was, You can't seem to put forward an opposing view to stimulate a bit of healty debate without some people pressing the old red button.

What really pisses me off is that they seem incapable of leaving a name or even a comment to justify why they left it...

Ok big man come out a argue your point like a man ...

Ok then slide back under your stone. What are you going to do in real life where you can't bad rep anyone with an opposing view?

(oh god here comes another army of red button pushers!)

Tommo, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    NetMidWest and exam like this.
  9. samsam

samsam Peon

Best Answers:
    First time I ever saw somebody that red.

samsam, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  10. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks ok to me on a high res.... looks worse in 800x600 resolution. !!

doesnt say klick here over any ads....is not overusing the ALLOWANCE provided by google...the ads stand out like a sore thumb.... yup, its within the rules...
    might not look user friendly...but its ok.

just my 2cents at a glance

Solicitors Mortgages, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not the point.. it hurts publishers and advertisers.. It hurts the whole program...

Here is a simple litmus test and we will use that site as an example:

Joey Site Owner has a big meeting with a potentially lucrative contact. It is a big business dinner. During the course of dinner it turns out this potential contact is a Golf Fanatic. Now Joey Site Owner has a Golf Site right? So what does he do?

A) Tells Potential Contact he has a great Golf Site he should check out.
    B) Tells Potential Contact he has a great way to make money on the internet.
    C) Says nothing.

No way he is going to say A.

If you can't tell your friends,family or people you meet about a site you have on a related topic because you KNOW it has no useful content, that is a big enough test to know that it is a made for Adsense site.

Nobody here can say with a straight face that they would ever tell anyone they know about their "great golf site" and then refer them to that page. No way no how.

You can use rss feeds as content in sites, it is done all the time.. Not like that though. That site clearly has a singular purpose and that is to get adsense revenue.

Another easy test is to remove the adsense ads from the page and what do you have left? Would the site still exist? Why would exist.

Sorry, but this is a clear cut violation.

aeiouy, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  12. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this site is necessarily easier to make money. It must be harder for them to get links...even have to worry about their AdSense account.

hurricane_sh, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  13. Solicitors Mortgages

Best Answers:
    no i disagree,aeiouy..

example...you are a golf related retailer..and you want people to your site to buy your goods....so you use ADWORDS

do you want
    A) someone who clicks on a hidden adsense super blended hidden in the content link to come to your site..

OR

B) someone who clearly reads what is right in front of them...makes a clear decision that they like what is CLEARLY labeled as an advert...and then clicks

i would want B....which is what we have here

14. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would anyone be on that site looking for golf equipment?

Even the title of the page says "World of Warcraft" -- all of Google's cached pages have to do with the video game World of Warcraft. All of the IBLs on Yahoo! are from blogs, link lists, or other WoW sites.

To me, it looks like a bunch of pointless golf info thrown on a video game site for the sole purpose of generating ads about Golf. I understand what you meant by your example.. but I think this specific site is different. It has nothing to do with golf at all.

TheHoff, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  15. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    And if the visiter isn't interested in Golf, they won't click any of the adverts. No-one loses out except the publisher serving those ads if his audience has no interest in them.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    Solicitors Mortgages likes this.
  16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am an adwords advertiser (and also a very small time in adsense) I have contextual ads off because of the garbage I have seen the ads served on and knowing that the clowns that serve up garbage are also the ones having their friends "help" them with clicks.

So until I see an improvement with what google allows I will leave it turned off. I also know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Why would I want to throw away the hard earned cash and not get buyers in return?

(my other 2 cents worth)

debunked, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  17. Solicitors Mortgages

Best Answers:
    debunked..as long as you get targetted traffic...you are happy?

18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you should track conversions and see if it's viable instead of basing your descision to turn off the content network based upon assumption.

The content network by nature performs worse then the search network. Information hunters are less inclined to convert, that's all. They don't click on adverts they aren't interested in.

Try, test and see if it works for you. You can't just dismiss it off the bat. The content network can work well the same as it can fail miserable in other areas.

For example, an advert on the content network offering a free sign-up to a mailing list on the subject the surfer is reader about would convert very well, where as a hard sell style advert going to a mini-site may well fall on its arse.

Spammy sites really aren't all that bad, and they do maximize an advertisers reach.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    ferret77 likes this.
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I don't see how adsense could do that for me, when many of the sites I would have ads on, I would be more worried that they are cheaters and would have help getting clicks that would not turn into sales. On the other hand I am not dead set against it, just would have to do 1 campaign designed for only adsense and see how it performs.

debunked, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  20. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont worry about it.

IamNed, Sep 20, 2005 IP