1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Built for AdSense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005.

Where can I turn these guys in at?

www . theofficialscoop1.info/

-- took the live link out

iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    craigrom likes this.
  2. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to turn them in? They are dumb enough that they'll get banned soon enough on their own.

Just worry about making money on your own site.

exaro, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that guy has pages and pages of adsense only content.

I am going to report them because they are stealing money from me.

aeiouy, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    NetMidWest likes this.
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Yeah we need to get these guys off the internet, how dare they try to maximize their earnings like this, I mean its like they want to make a living off the internet or something,

What we need to do is form a volunteer adsense police force to help google out, they are having hard financial times and they need all the help they can get.

These guys are robbing me blind, If I could just get rid of all of them , I would be rich.

ferret77, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    dkalweit and joeychgo like this.
  6. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting it here will only get him more hits and maybe more clicks!!!

Johnburk, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    While I don't exactly care for the site I don't see any clear violation. There is content besides Adsense on the pages I looked at.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

How dare they steal from me actually.. That guy competes with sites that I have... He delivers customers mostly because he gives them no choice.. Which means publishers get ticked off at the low level of customers being passed through which means they potentially pull out of the program or pay less per click because of the reduced value for that segment.

On top of that it is a huge issue for people actually looking for legitimate information on those topics that they have to wade through that nonsense and still not find anything useful.

Sorry, feel free to defend this nonsense all you want, but in my eyes that just makes you foolish and naive... Sure you can make money doing that, that doesn't mean it should be tolerated nor accepted.

It costs me money and I don't have to tolerate it, I don't have to condone it and I sure as heck don't have to ignore it.

aeiouy, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    having other content does preclude you from being a made for adsense site, which is a specific violation.

aeiouy, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  10. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    can't you just block your ads from appearing on that site?

ferret77, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  11. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Ditto what aeiouy said.

I find this site to be a personal affront. I work hard to stay in the TOS and provide value-added websites. Ultimately, guys like this ARE costing you money because they contribute to the perception on the part of advertisier that they are throwing cash down the drain by advertising with AdSense.

iShopHQ, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    Smyrl and NetMidWest like this.
  12. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    So we agree...or did you mean to say "doesn't"?

I think when there is other content present Google would have to make the call on "made for Adsense".

I think the site is crap and wouldn't want my ads displayed on it but don't see a clear violation that will get them shut down. Google may disagree and pull the plug but that's up to them.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  13. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:

Shall I be a bit controversial here and play devils advocate?

Ok that site owner has built a page optimised adsense (within the rules). and scraped some links from adsense ..not exactly crime of the century is it. Ok adsense TOS say we can't build a site purlely for the adsense revenue but If there is anyone here who hasn't thought..I'll build a site about X 'cause the adsense revenue will be quite good then you are probably unique.

Whats so morally different about putting up a site like that and putting up a site that conains nothing but an adsense feed or an overstock.com feed and sticking ads on it? Or even (whisper) putting a site up just so you can have lots of CO-OP weight or LV vaultage (/whisper)

Now why don't we all go back to building our morally correct and perfectably acceptable sites and leave the nasty scraper alone to his bad karma because he will surely come back in the next life as a slug and we will all be white doves (of a fluffy animal of some sort)

(Oh mother I feel some red coming on)

Tommo, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    spdude and solaris125 like this.
  14. SKE11

SKE11 Peon

Best Answers:
    as I see this site, they do not have other content, just short descriptions of what is available on other sites.

As an advertiser I would be disapointed to see my ads there as the reader must feel duped when they arrive at a site looking for information, and fine there is none there.

I do not see that as content, there again I am not Google.

SKE11, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  15. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I say, if you feel you have a reason to report it, then do it, but I don't think you should come here and show everybody or ask 'should I?'.

There are those who love to find every site that is breaking the TOS and there are those breaking the TOS who will get mad for reporting any of those who are.

my 2 cents.

BTW - Shoemoney does quite well and if he is reporting bad sites, he sure isn't telling the rest of us now is he?

debunked, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  16. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think if i was an adwords publisher I would prefer my ad to appear there in front of everyone and not hidden away in the middle of lots of distracting "relevant content" where the viewer might find what i am offereing for free and not click on my ad to see my services/product.

Or am I missing something about advertising

Yes it is an ugly site but I've built some really bad sites as well ...

And as for " It being a personal affront" chill if thats all you need to worry about you are a lucky man...

And "How dare they steal from me actually.. "

It's called competition and free market economy, It going to happen on the internet or the high street...it's life get used to it. Large retailers will only buy from small manufacturers if they promise not to supply their rivals...now thats morally wrong...

I wish some of the moral outrage thats been generated in this thread was directed towards governments who let children starve and who could wipe out world poverty!

Now lets worry about why our CTR's aren't as good as they should be.

Tommo, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  17. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a crap site and I noticed that all of the other links that are not google are searchfeed.com links. Anyone know anything about this outfit?

mopacfan, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  18. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks terrible. It's unfair because we all here work hard to come out with our contents, having sleepless night thinking whether we should write a web topic on Manolo Blahnik or Paris Hilton, and yet, someone (or many more) out there are just plainly abusing the system.

I hope Google will hear us. We are the good guys.

my44, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  19. jahfingers

jahfingers Peon

Best Answers:
    Another problem with these sites is that when visitors see "Ads by Goooooogle" all over, over time they will be conditioned to believe that all sites with "Ads by Goooooogle" on them are spammy, or less valuable.

I personally have some bias towards sites when the first I see on them are 3 AdSense units.

Bad for Gooooooogle branding, bad for us publishers, bad for advertisers. Google should start trying harder to weed these accounts out.

jahfingers, Sep 20, 2005 IP
    NetMidWest likes this.
  20. randymorin

randymorin Peon

Best Answers:
    All that you have to do, is click on "Ads by Gooooogle..." and report them on whatever form comes up.

randymorin, Sep 20, 2005 IP