1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whoa, what's going on...Someone help?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by spraven, Sep 19, 2005.

Ok, now that I am making money and legitimately, I might ad, something just popped up that looks strange. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I updated my Blog about 20 minutes ago and thing Pinged at Ping-O-Matic. Suddenly, I am showing 1 page view additionally and 30 clicks (only a few cents total) and I am worried that it looks suspicious...because, frankly, if I did not know any better, it does.

Anyone know what may be going on?

Thanks,

ScottP

spraven, Sep 19, 2005 IP
    fcmisc likes this.
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes click update before impressions and revenue.. give it some time and see if it doesn't catch up. If it doesn't then probably someone went click happy. You could drop google a note in such a case, and they will likely tell you they have mechanisms for detecting such things.

aeiouy, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  3. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well that is abnormal, if I were you I contact as soon as posible adsense and report this abnomality. By so doing this you can avoid bigger problem in the future.

PinoyIto, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  4. spraven

spraven Peon

Best Answers:
    The first thing I did before posting the question here is contact the Adsense Team to tell them that I think something looked strange and What I personally had done (updated blog and ping the sites). Hopefully, they can see what is up and not jump to any conclusions. I don't mind giving back the cents in revenue to fix it. :)

Thanks

spraven, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  5. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They always give attention to this kind of problem and you expect them to reply you in 24 hours.

PinoyIto, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  6. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    Being proactive with Google is the best way to handle these things, even if it turns out to be a reporting anomaly. So just wait to hear back now.

Eric Giguere, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  7. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop checking your stats so often and you won't be so paranoid.

toocoolforschool, Sep 19, 2005 IP