Paypal is a scam!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by sandrodz, May 24, 2007.

1. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Eventhough I had lot of problems with PayPal, i am happy with their service. I can run online business in USA from India.

Thanks PayPal

tradeepak, May 26, 2007 IP
  2. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think most of us will agree that it sucks. but paypal doesn;t care they are making money. If any one leaves they won't really care.

usmanzali, May 26, 2007 IP
  3. pappybro

pappybro Banned

Best Answers:
    yes , paypal sucks , I also scammed by their policy , They asked for furthur verification to my account , which I have $1500 in it , when I faxed them documents after 8 months , they still said we need verification I faxed them 12 times but still that bloody message. If you want to see the paypal demerits visit :- http://www.paypalsucks.com

pappybro, May 26, 2007 IP
  4. abhishekdaaga

abhishekdaaga Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes PayPal has grown to a hugee online company so they wont care if a person leaves or joins... & their customer care is really pathetic to handle... & btw with the disadvantages it has also got some advantages of it's own like just 'tradeepak' said

abhishekdaaga, May 26, 2007 IP
  5. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    After so many days I resolved the chargeback directly with our client, and had them pay us through another means after she accidently did a chargeback. Paypal wouldnt allow me to resolve the chargeback anywhere on their page. Then charged a 14$ consultation fee in addition to taking the funds from the chargeback.

So because I lost they took the full amount (although I did recover it directly from the person) then they charged me. They didnt know I recovered it and wouldnt let me tell them, but they still charged me more.

Kalyse, May 26, 2007 IP
  6. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has also happened to me...

hitboy, May 26, 2007 IP
  7. aeVolt

aeVolt Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used paypal for 2 years now and never had a problem. Just don't do business with shady characters and you should be fine.

aeVolt, May 26, 2007 IP
  8. dailyearner

dailyearner Banned

Best Answers:
    i do not agree with you

dailyearner, May 28, 2007 IP
  9. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    The client is the only one who can cancel their chargeback. There is no way PayPal would let a merchant cancel a client's chargeback request. PayPal took the full amount and gave it back to the client. I'm not sure what the $14 is but I have never been charged a extra fee on chargebacks.

tobycoke, May 28, 2007 IP
  10. Esailor

Esailor Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand that in all this big companies there are always some bad stories but in the big picture paypal is still a solution for most of their members and a hughe amount of people can do bussiness online thanks to them.

Esailor, May 28, 2007 IP
  11. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I'll comment here given an experience the last two days helping a friend and a "client" - I'll have a full story on my web site, which is littered with ebay / paypal nightmares. Sure they may "help" to some degree to combat fraud but the lack of concern they have for your problem and urgency to prevent a fraud in progress - when it can be prevented - is staggering.

Somehow a friend's paypal account was accessed and was used to win an ebay auction and ship a package internationally. He caught it the morning after it was dropped off for shipment but it stayed in a local post office for a day and was in transit to another the following day. During that time Paypal didn't bother to call the seller, even though he could and eventually spoke to the seller. They'll eventually get around to sending something out - but only after the fraud has been completed.

The US Postal Service is beyond incompetent and a full story is to follow. Unless someone gets confirmation that there is knowledge that a suspicious package going to a suspicious destination is dangerous, most play the game that the postal inspector at customs will flag it. While Fedex, UPS, DHL can and will hold packages, the USPS claims that once it's dropped off at the desk it's all over. They can provide you tracking information up the wazoo but it's impossible for them to stop a package in transit - as if there isn't a single person involved in the process that could if they really cared to do so. It was clearly pointed out to them that identity theft was used to have this package shipped so the contents - going to somewhere in Russia - could be suspect. They could care less. And this is after I witnessed all the window dressing the USPS went through after 9/11 and then the anthrax scare. Nothing but a dress rehearsal to make us think they have a clue. I'll be writing up an account of this fiasco and how the Jolly Roger's Guide To Online Fraud and Terror includes having sellers ship packages via the USPS.

It's a sad commentary regarding combatting e-fraud.

slinky, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  12. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finally you said paypal is a scam !!!

me4you, Jun 1, 2007 IP