1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beat practise: Article submission

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by amaze, May 21, 2007.

1. jiminy465

jiminy465 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit to one good article directory for high results in SERPS if written well, if you are selling something then defiantely submit it to as many directories as possible.

jiminy465, May 25, 2007 IP
  2. ameran

ameran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to tell you about my Business and Article Writing’s strategy

I believe when your Article’s Content is unique then you have better chance to be loved by Google search engine. I have submitted hundreds of Articles into many Article Directories and I had a good result for my Business.

Any web site has usually different topics and categories and at least you can have 10 to 20 different keywords what you can write unique Articles with. When you are writing your Articles then try to use your keywords more than 10 times in your Article’s Content and try to make a network between your keywords in your Articles. If you are writing about Dogs then try to mix your keyword Dog with the keyword Happiness because everyone can understand Dogs could be happy too. That was a simple example.

I made last few months my own Article Directory “Article Inspector”. I think it is a good way to have your own directory. You write your own unique Articles and anyone can register and write something too. I have always fresh Articles with fresh Contents and Google likes me right now. I believe that I will get PR 4 or 5 in the next PR update. I appreciate for having powerful Authors like you for my Article Directory. Register by Article Inspector!

I hope I could tell you some about writing Articles with good Content to increase your own Business.

ameran

ameran, May 25, 2007 IP
  3. mjesales

mjesales Peon

Best Answers:
    Always submit to things like ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com, isnare.com and of course articlesnatch.com (shameless self promotion) - but you can get the rest by using an auto submission service like article marketer or isnare article distribution. Thats what I suggest... also - trickle your articles out... and do it every day... so if it is 1 per day - fine, 5 per day - fine, but don't do 50 then none...

mjesales, May 26, 2007 IP
    LinksAndTraffic likes this.
  4. guna

guna Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best practise is to vary the resource box and submit the articles manually to the best 100 or 200 article directories.. Your content is not always taken as duplicate because the summary of your article added with the summary of other aarticles on a page appears to be a new content for the search engines.. Also we have seen direct traffic from some niche article directories. So first concentrate on the best 10
    ezinearticles, goarticles, ideamarketer , articledashboard etc..

Then cover the niches, Suppose you have a fitness related article post it in Bodybuilding / fitness article directories, then health directories etc.. After that you can concentrate on high PR article directories. Avoid article directory networks if possible.

Check out our varied article submission service page where you have more details..

guna, May 27, 2007 IP
  5. bess

bess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience submitting articles is a good thing. To how many article sites you submit, well, this is an other story and you can not control on how many the article will appear because after a while you will see that your articles will appear on others you have not submitted to.

I think they copy articles from one to an other in order to grow. Also there are others that are duplicated, under different names and skins, so, IMO, let's say you submit to 10, after a while you will find your articles in 30. You get my point. By the way, I have never sent my articles to any Chinese article site, but I found some linking to me looking like a translation of my articles.

bess, May 27, 2007 IP
  6. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of the article directories are running a software plugin that enables them to automatically offer their articles in ten languages. I bet the site you are receiving Chinese language clicks from is in fact on of these directories.

LinksAndTraffic, May 28, 2007 IP
  7. mothproof

mothproof Banned

Best Answers:

now im disheartened :(

:)

article submission still has its strong points too.
    good articles that really grab readers can make them check out the site, and who knows, turn them loyal too. :)

mothproof, May 29, 2007 IP
  8. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Read the entire thread here before getting discouraged.

LinksAndTraffic, May 29, 2007 IP
  9. MarcRoman

MarcRoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Bill,

Thanks for the in depth response. I hope you’re slowly starting to realize I’m neither arrogant, nor believe I know it all as you once first thought. I apologize for the delay in my response, I was traveling over the holiday weekend.

I still have a few issues. And I still don’t believe you’ve proven to me that your SERP returns are based upon article marketing. I notice that you have a web of sites that you use that prop up each other. That’s what many of use to get our web sites ranked. But, I can’t view all of your backlinks, only the first 1,000 or so, and most of them are NOT articles but rather links from your different websites. I.E. the links to www.linksandtraffic.com come from www.thephantomwriters.com and so on.

Now Bill, I know that you know that ranking 1st out of 100 million results really doesn’t matter if no one else is trying to rank for that term. For instance, I could rank #1 in just a few months time for “good normal”, and that has 179 million results, but what would be the point.

You’ve pointed out that you rank well for “article distribution”. 1 out of 205 million when I look it up today. But, how difficult was it, when you really have less than a dozen competitors in that field. Isnare, articlemarketer, reprint-content seem to be the major players that you are competing with. I’m more concerned with the allintitle search which is only 857. But, I don’t see dozens of competitors, and no one who is spending massive amounts of effort on optimizing that particular phrase. While compare it to your other keyword “Article Marketing” which has roughly the same number of results 215 Million, and you rank #64. And looking in overture, I see that there were a grand total of 57 searches for article distribution, compared to 2,674 for article marketing. Once again more validation that ranking #1 for article distribution isn’t as important as ranking for article marketing.

So, let’s look at some of your other links to www.linksandtraffic.com. One of the terms that you rank well for is “guaranteed link development services”. It seems like your phantomwriters.com website is mostly linking over to your lnt.com website with that phrase. And you do rank #1 for that term out of 18 Million results, but an allintitle:”guaranteed link development services” shows that no one has that phrase optimized, and allinanchor only shows your website. So, let’s go for something a little more non-specialized. How about “link development”, if you’ve properly optimized you should be ranking pretty well for that phrase.

And I find that you’re ranked #322 for that phrase(not with your home page). I noticed as well that some of your articles are using the anchor text, “link building”, and that ranks #74. But, both of those searches(link development/link building) have the keyword in the URL which is always a big help SEO wise, what is more interesting is looking at keywords that you’ve tried to optimize for that are NOT in your URL.

One of the other anchor texts you use, is “click-through traffic” or simply “click-through”, as this phrase isn’t used very much in your onsite optimization, I thought that would be a great test of your article marketing, as I found “click-through” being used in your anchor text in almost all of your articles at ezinearticles.com. However, your site is nowhere to be found anywhere in the top 1,000 of google, even though there are only 1.6 Million results. Anyone can check your ezine articles and the anchor text of your articles by looking at the ones you submitted to ezinearticles here:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Bill_Platt

So, I don’t know where that list of all your top rankings comes from, and hopefully you do get some traffic from them, what I find is that for articles that you’ve posted, that I can VERIFY the keyword phrases that you are optimizing for, you’re mostly stuck in pages 7+ of the google SERPS. And ones that aren’t in your URL are not ranked at all.

And that’s my point Bill, I don’t see your article marketing as being especially effective. And what else can I judge it on, if not your actual articles and the website results for the phrases in which you are optimizing.

I disagree with your statement that articles end up in the supplemental index because they lack page rank. Because I can submit articles all day to ezinearticles, and as long as I don’t submit them anywhere else, they ALWAYS stay indexed and out of the supplementary index, usually with some page rank. But, if I submit to multiple directories, it’s not always the ezinearticles article that stays indexed, it might end up being on another directory or a blog that picked it up.

Also you can add an article to your website, and it will stay indexed for pretty much ever, even though the page is not getting much page rank. But, if you start submitting that content to other article directories, you’ll see that page quickly go into the supplemental index.

The more you test out different articles, the more random you’ll find google to be. I haven’t yet found a rhyme or reason yet why google keeps one in the index, and throws out the rest. But, I’ve tested over and over again that they do. But, I can find no support for your theory on supplemental index, other than blog posts by Matt Cuts. So, I know that Matt Cutts wants us to believe that it’s not because it’s duplicate content but the articles are being put in supplemental index because of page rank. It’s not what experimentation shows.

Plus you can actually find some of your articles that “appear” to have page rank, but which are still in the supplemental index or not even showing in the index at all.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Peak-Cycles-are-Driven-by-Timely-Content&id=111844

The ezine articles.com is a PR6 page, yet it’s in the supplemental index.

Or this one, http://ezinearticles.com/?Learn-How...-the-Methodology-of-Land-Developers&id=111850

Which is a PR6, and yet isn’t even indexed on Google.

So, for the most part I completely disagree with your premises about the supplementary index. And I still stand by my original statement that distribution of articles to multiple sites for the purpose of SEO is not very useful and does not help tremendously to your search engine results. But, I respect that as this is your business, you'd be obliged to argue otherwise. As a business model, I doubt your industry has long-term viability. Google's duplicate detection algorithms pretty much destroy the entire model of your industry.

Respectfully disagreeing,

MR

MarcRoman, May 29, 2007 IP
  10. MarcRoman

MarcRoman Peon

Best Answers:
    MarcRoman, May 29, 2007 IP
  11. mjesales

mjesales Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of those scripts don't work any more - at least not the ones that linked directly to google translation - cause google cahnged it...

mjesales, May 29, 2007 IP
  12. MarcRoman

MarcRoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder as well how viable the secondary article directories like your www.articlesnatch.com will survive. With google being more stringent in their duplicate detection strategies it seems like the bottom 90% of article directories won't be able to survive. What do you think MJ?

M

MarcRoman, May 31, 2007 IP
  13. jeany

jeany Peon

Best Answers:

i suggest submit short articles to blogsites, they can multiply the links, less effort for you.

jeany, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  14. blog4fun

blog4fun Active Member

Best Answers:
    How it possible? I try it to submit same article to the next directory, but inform that the content is duplicate. If we submit one article on one article directory and the same article on the Ezine, it immediate inform that the content is duplicate and can not be submitted. So how you do that?

blog4fun, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  15. neelamets

neelamets Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks to all for ur reply.

neelamets, Dec 19, 2009 IP