1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Earnings

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Neurophase, Sep 18, 2005.

How many of you rely on AdSense earnings alone?... Not very many i'd imagine.

How much do you make with other ventures, and what methods are you employing?

J

Neurophase, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  2. arjunprabhu

arjunprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    way tooo far from reaching that stage of 'fully dependent on adsense'.
    BTW, its kind of risky too!.

arjunprabhu, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  3. MSJA

MSJA Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you make money solely online, never depend on one source of income. It's way too risky! I have several ecommerce sites offering real products as well as services. But, I also have good quality informational sites that participate in affiliate programs and of course, AdSense.

DIVERSIFY

MSJA, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  4. MediaMagnet

MediaMagnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of my business's revenue is from adsense, we have several sites that generate money for us.

Just keep on building pages for content people might search and you wil make money, I am a true believer - when I first started this intenret marketing stuff I started making $1 a day - 9 months later I am now making tons of bucks and I am only 23.

Just make pages on everthing and I bet 1 of ten of them will make money - atleast that is what I am counting on.

Have fun, enjoy the industry - It has gven me so much and it was sooo easy.

MediaMagnet, Sep 18, 2005 IP
    AfterHim.com likes this.
  5. maro

maro Peon

Best Answers:
    I actualy put adsense on my site just to add to the content not to earn money :)

maro, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  6. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    My Adsense earnings are far exceeded by a few affiliate links I've used. The time I spent incorporating the AdSense code into HTML or PHP or blogs does not justify the income at this point. However, it's a great leaning experience. It's actually caused me to improve all the sites I have - by improving the content for AdSense - I've improved the content for customers. It's difficult to measure, but the additional customers are far more important the AdSense.

Now If I was earning $50,000 a month on AdSense, I think I'd ignore the customers. :rolleyes:

macdesign, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  7. Alx

Alx Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense gives me 25% of my overall online earnings, but i'm new to adsense and i think it will be my main revenue resourse after few months.

Alx, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  8. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Adsense provides me motivation more than money.

I'm a "consultant" with primary duties as a computer programmer. I used to put in a hundred thousand miles or more each year travelling. I would go visit Porsche dealerships for motivation. One day they threw the keys at me because I finally crossed the line to being able to afford one. My five year lease ends on October 2nd.

The way I see things now, I want to be able to eventually spend all my time at home with my family. I still have a love for cars, but my priorities have changed greatly. Eventually, I'll have every car I ever wanted - there are only a couple left. Right now, I see my traffic and my income and I think to myself - if I can reach my original traffic estimates, I can more than stay home full time just on ad revenue - and other ways of monetizing will be bonuses.

It'll take quite some time before I achieve the levels that I want, and I've been working for the better part of a year already. But I can see the light.

I can see that others make "ad revenue generating" sites a lot easier than I do. I could probably quadruple my online income in a few months, but that's not my goal. If I work on quality and promotion and really give people a reason to visit and keep on visiting then it's going to be a lot more work now and a lot less work for me two or three years from now in maintaining a liveable income level.

I consider my work right now to be student work. Adsense revenue is a stipend.

nevetS, Sep 19, 2005 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  9. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Diversification is always great, but what other option do you have?
    Have you tried bidvertiser?
    I don't earn much from my sites, but part of the revenue comes from referral programs and the rest from adsense, can't tell you exactly which part is bigger, because I've just started using adsense few weeks ago :)

DomainMagnate, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  10. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    any tips on other programs besides adsense? I can't use Yahoo, cuz i'm not based in the US...

kandeman, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  11. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    me too, originally

athough now on my jokes site rotflmao ...the ads are funnier than the jokes. :eek:
    i see ads that i never new existed, lie detector stuff and weird things.
    I love the ad that says..

"The Colon cleansing kit,
    thick dark and in your gut,
    get it out in 5 days" ..........what an ad !!!

oh, and back to the point, i sell advertising space, makes far more than adsense, or affiliates. :)

Solicitors Mortgages, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  12. tulip4heaven

tulip4heaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just for extra money

tulip4heaven, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  13. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also not based in the US. Think of the slow period of waiting for the cheque to arrive through the regular postal service.

Anywho, regarding to your questions, we'd probably better off stick with AdSense.

my44, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  14. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, may I say your rotlmao website have a VERY interesting blend-in design for your AdSense. How are you doing with your website?

my44, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  15. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    Um , what kind of answer is that man, the fact I cannot join Yahoo had nothing to do with the postal service

Or am I misunderstanding you?

kandeman, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  16. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as far as making money online, adsense is my number 1 source.

jeremy860, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice way of looking at what you are doing.

aeiouy, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  18. davesplace1

davesplace1 Peon

Best Answers:
    AdSense is one great program, but I still use FastClick and affiliate programs. Affiliate CPA programs can really show you what works on your site(s), then again it is nice to just cash those AdSense checks :).

davesplace1, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  19. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also I like AdSense, because as a non-US citizen, I'm not liable for their taxes and stuff. Although I used to have Social Security number when I was a student there.

my44, Sep 20, 2005 IP
  20. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My primary source of earnings is my job, programming. But I have always been interested in making money on the web, (it seemed easy at the time).
    I created a site waaaayy back in 2000 for fun and to learn html/php. Since then I created a game that sell a little, nothing great, but it does covers my pub tab.

I have only just added AdSense to my site, (and now to my blog too), because my game site has been around for a while I am curious to see what returns I might get.

But that’s the way I would like to do things on the net, a little bit of cash thru my game, a little bit more thru Adsense, and slowly earn a decent wage.
    That way if my game flops overnight or Google decides to kick me out, I won’t jump off a building.

FFMG, Sep 20, 2005 IP