1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords Question

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ealvin, Sep 16, 2005.

I use XSite Pro as my site builder. It doesn't allow you to have a specific, unique header "headline(s)" for each page of your website. As a workaround they use "tokens" so you could put your page H1 and H2 headlines in your Keywords meta tag and they would then be imported to show up in your header text.

Since only a few of all the words in my long headlines are keywords, will this negatively affect my search engine rankings? Thanks for any help you can give me.

ealvin, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  2. Forcefield

Forcefield Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you edit these files in Notepad or some other text editor?

Forcefield, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    I may not understand but I don't think it's about editing the files. The way XSitePro is setup there is one "generic" header and it is used on every single page of the site. This works fine if you're using just a graphic and/or a headline that you want displayed on every page.

Using the Keywords meta tag you can pick up a phrase or two from your Keywords and use those as your headlines. So it will pick up the individual Keywords from each page and those keywords will be displayed in the header as that page's headlines.

Does that help clarify it?

ealvin, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  4. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know HTML (and I think you should), then modifying it through Notepad is the best way. Pls see my website in my signature that emphasizes on how important it is to know basic knowledge of HTML.

my44, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  5. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm still not clear on this. Are you saying that even given how XSitePro creates one generic header that appears on all pages, you could still use notepad and edit an individual headline? That doesn't seem to connect for me since there is only one header and it picks up the keywords to use as the headlines. Could you help me with this?

Thanks.

ealvin, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  6. Forcefield

Forcefield Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you mind posting an example? I'm more of a visual person myself. ;)

Forcefield, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Does x-sitepro generate pages on the fly or does it create actual html/php pages?

aeiouy, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  8. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the software causes complication that it could severely affect your targeted ads, by all means, I would suggest you learn some basic HTML. Doing <h1> headlines takes seconds on a Notepad.

I did point out in my AdSense-success.com website that WYSIWYG editors can give you teething problems esp on minor details.

my44, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  9. Forcefield

Forcefield Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I would like to know too.

If it does in fact generate html files, you can just drop the files into Notepad and edit them.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Forcefield, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  10. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    XSite Pro is a pet editor for black hat seos i've heard :rolleyes:

webmistress, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  11. webstimulation

webstimulation Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really understand the question here, but let me just clarify a few things.

XSitePro uses a template system and this is handled by the page layout part of the program.

You can turn off the various parts of the template that you don't want to use.

You don't have to have a header, footer, left panel, right panel and so on, if you don't want them.

The header used by the template is for things like your logo or site banner, but doesn't have to be used that way.

Each page can have it's own title, description and keywords, which appear in the correct meta tags in the <header> part of each page.

The pages generated are HTML and you can quite easily include Headers (ie H1, H2, H3 and H4 tags) on any page you like with the WYSIWYG editor.

You do not need to edit the files in notepad.

Finally, XSitePro is just a tool and can be abused just like any other tool.

It can be used for Black, Grey or White Hat SEO.

It isn't the tool that is responsible, it is the person using it.

webstimulation, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  12. Scott Lyons

Scott Lyons Peon

Best Answers:
    What is a black hat seo?

Scott

Scott Lyons, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  13. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Xsite Pro was not initially designed for Black Hat SEO's but I think they have taken a liking to it for the import funcionality and "seemingly" creating decent sites.

I know many people that produce very good sites through XSite Pro and out of the box, they can rank pretty well in MSN.

Of course it is better to know html and use a more powerfull editor if you need to (such as dreamweave). But for simple content sites (original of course).

It is very simple to set sites up.

It creates the pages first and they are saved to your drive in .html (you can specify to .php)

You can't specifically edit them if you are using the upload feature as it generates the pages again before uploading.

You can edit the source code of your pages inside Xsite Pro, but there are a few limitations.

Not for a hardcore website designer, but definately very easy to put out nice content sites.

Templates are fully customizable

h1 etc etc are very easy to add into Xsite Pro.

By the sound of it ealvin is using the mass import feature, where you specify tokens.

If you are creating your site, page by page, then you have full control over your pages.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 1, 2006 IP