1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global warming 'past the point of no return'

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Willy, Sep 16, 2005.

1. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember in the 70's how the news was covering that we were heading into an ice age. But then they also covered how 1/2 of children went to bed hungry.

Now we have fears of global warming, and fat kids.

Think it's a media conspiracy?

TommyD, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Why is science being disputed by 'non scientific' people?

People with brains like this:
    [​IMG]

HA HA HA!

Crazy_Rob, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Willy, I have this link to add along with Will's:
    I couldn't agree more with the posts that mention statistics are manipulated to support different viewpoints. One must always take into account what the presenter of any argument values, whether it is economic, self-centered, defensive, or especially well reasoned.

There is an obvious interest that should not be overlooked in this debate, that of the so-called 'enviornmentalists' and hysterical reactionary claims of enviornmental disaster.

They onbviously have much personal gain at stake. I mean, can you just imagine what their lives would be like if they didn't have ecolocical collapse to harp about???? What could they possibly gain if we were to take them seiously?? Surely, it behooves humanity to ignore such fantastic claims such as 'the food chain starts with micro-organisms', and the preposterous claims that 'two thirds of the worlds species are in danger of extinction'.

Who cares?!?! We don't need two thirds of the [arasitic critters in the first place, they only supply competition for our own dwindling food suppies. The sooner we get rid of the excess, the more food will be left over for people to eat.

Another cry is the blubbering over polar ice caps. I don't know about you, but the last time I needed to have a glacier in my backyard was when my idiot wife knocked the air-conditioner over and spilled all the CFC from the compressor. Big deal! Just go buy another one, it was only 94 dgrees that October afternoon anyways, it is not like I couldn't just go for a spin in my Hummer withg the windows rolled down. It is not like it was a national emergency or anything.

I am getting fed up with all the ultra-bleeding telescopically left field wing nuts that feel some sort of paranoid satisfaction if they can control law-abiding citizens right to create mounds of waste out of perfectly useless natural resources. Mind your own business, it is my planet to use, I don't see any dinosaurs walking around, go give to charity and quit bugging me. FOX News is on, try watching some edjukational stuff fer wunce.

mikmik, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if that post was you or you just cut and pasted it in...I generally skip over big blocks...but are you implying that "left wing nuts" don't abide by the law?

Cancel that I just read your post.

Oh dear.

elkiwi, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  5. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two thirds of the earth's fresh water is in those dumb ass polar ice caps and glaciers, so when we've completely polluted what's underground you might be more interested in a bit of ice.

Pollution oh that wont happen.

elkiwi, Sep 16, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  6. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Junk science is a scam site. I gaurantee it.

Tell me, when was the last time the permafrost in the arctic melted? When was the last time glaciers covered this little area? When was the last time ...
    This - Ice shelves
    Tell me this stuff is wrong - Clear Summaries of Scientific Consensus Documents

Tell me that a gigantic petrochemical company is a disinterested outside party Arthur B. Robinson and Zachary W. Robinson
    Copyright 1997 Dow Jones & Co., Inc.

and is looking for excuses to reduce pollution and emissions.

Tell me why anyone would be worried about something that could be devastate society, standard of living, life expectancy, life itself, even though it has been predicted since the mid 1800s.

Tell me why all nations now recognize that global warming is at least a concern, if not a dire emergency.

Tell me how overwhelming evidence and the vast majority of data and analysis is wrong.

Easy, no?

mikmik, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  7. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    The Medieval-ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

TommyD, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  8. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't care really, sorry I was masquerading as someone who does. Nature will clean up anything that we leave lying around. Not to worry.

elkiwi, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.ClimatePrediction.Net is an interresting source to look at and you can even join in one of their projects letting them use some space of your PC. - Very scientific, they do a great job.

Arnie, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  10. wanboll

wanboll Banned

Best Answers:
    Your all looking at this as if its out fault if climate changes or its not gonna change and its just a conspirivy.

Climate change IS going to happen, with us here or not. its a natural cycle and were powerless to stop it. im not sayin its happening now or were all doomed. If it is happenening though theres not much we can do about it.

wanboll, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  11. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe, the responses are pretty much what I expected. Fortunately for me, I'm quite with elkiwi on this: I don't actually give a damn :D With a strong enough science background, I'm quite capable of making up my own mind and looking out for numero uno, thank you.

Besides, I've long been a cynic at heart, when it comes to understanding man's capacity and need for self-deception. It's good to have things shaken up once in a while, and if everybody needs to be dragged over the precipice kicking and screaming that it doesn't exist, well, it's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last ;) Just part of the human condition.

Meanwhile, change always creates opportunity. So, anyone interested in partnering to build some Siberian golf resorts in a decade or two? I hear the land prices are still dirt cheap, what with the permafrost and all that, this early in the century ;)

Willy, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  12. wanboll

wanboll Banned

Best Answers:
    I dint think about number 1.

I feel the world would be a much better place if us humans were not here. Maybe its what this earth needs, a big clean up.

wanboll, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  13. PlanetAndrea

PlanetAndrea Active Member

Best Answers:
    i feel like i'm watching a bad episode of bill nye the science guy

PlanetAndrea, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  14. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The one where he catches that rabbit on fire and he's not wearing pants either.

Hodgedup, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  15. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    But it'd be pretty pointless without us, don't ya think? ;)

Was the rabbit dead or alive, at that point? Either way, sounds like an interesting science series... not enough of those around, that's for sure :D

Willy, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  16. wanboll

wanboll Banned

Best Answers:

wanboll, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  17. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I should really open a boat house company... You country got flooded? No worrys! Order your boat house now!

mightyb, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  18. wanboll

wanboll Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you seen the film waterworld?

wanboll, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  19. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep... Make a huge floating town

mightyb, Sep 17, 2005 IP
  20. Crazy_Rob