1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Dekker, Sep 15, 2005.

Dekker, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's not much to comment on as it's really just a pure phpBB forum.

Don't forget to keep up with the security patches and look at a SEF script that puts the title into the url
    http://www.google.com/search?q=phpbb+sef

sarahk, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  3. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm i tried to install something like that and it didn't work :(

it's only a month old no content yet, but we had 123 users today!

Dekker, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  4. markkk

markkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you forum is nice.. and seems established already..

I suggest mod_rewrite your phpbb.. for SEO friendly.

markkk, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  5. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, looks pretty standard, except for that news scroll at the top. Why not change up the color/layout to make it stand out? It looks like the other 10 million forums out there right now.

toocoolforschool, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  6. shellspeare

shellspeare Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that this forum is in need of more customization to make it unique. There's hundreds of ready-made phpbb skins avaliable and the help to add them if needed. There's lots of designers that would be happy to create an original one for admins seriously commited to their community also.

I also have a problem with the index's layout. Alot of the forums duplicate themselves which just creates a mess.

Personally i would cut and merge all the plastic surgery forums into one main forum and sticky main topics like body plastic, facial, good surgery etc

The hot girls/guys catagory could be merged into the image forum and added as stickies until the site grows.

The above changes would organise the index better plus boost post counts in less forums, making a guest see lots of activity in certain areas instead of little activity in few.

May i ask who your targeted audience is?
    I'm asking because i enjoy celebrity gossip (i'm 34) but would be put off from joining your site by some of your content which i believe is mainly aimed at teenage girls, eg, who's gay and celebs aging badly.

To target a broader range i'd work on the forum titles and descriptions.

If i am correct and this board is aimed at young girls i'm also concerned about the emphasis on celebrities weight. Surely this isn't deserving of it's own forum. Maybe as a feature in a different forum but definatly not a subject which should be focused on so much.

Reguards :)

shellspeare, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  7. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm...well it's barely a month old :p most of the posters are around your age. hmm i'll look into your suggestions thanks!

about the look, i'm looking to change the header and background, but i kinda like the simplicity of it. i've seen some mods that look way too cluttered and ugly imo.

like i really like the one digitalforums has, but the User C/P Toolbar etc link bar is too cluttered

Dekker, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  8. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/

updated. i changed the forums as per your suggestions. and i made the world issues, politics and faith visible to guests. dunno if i want that or not.but they are very popular. also made the scroller different. added which forum it's posted in

Dekker, Sep 16, 2005 IP