1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: Why can't I filter out this MFA?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by vex, May 21, 2007.

Hi all,

All my ads are well paying and I filter the MFAs. So the CTR becomes even better.

But recently I noticed an MFA ad which I can NOT filter. Now that I filtered all other MFAs, this one MFA is everywhere on my site. It is so annoying. I went to the ad filtering again, and tried to include it, but it seems that I ALREADY included it, so it didn't let me include again. I deleted it, included it again, but now, for like 3 days, it is still not filtered out. :mad:

I am assuming that they are showing me a different URL than what they really are. If that is the case, I soooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuccchhhhh wanna click on that ad and put in in the ad filter. But I can't click on my ads :( :mad:

(PS: I know sometimes the url that shows doesnt match the real url. I know this because a famous site had an ad on my site once, and the url was written wrongly. For this particular MFA site though, I assume they put the wrong url on purpose, so that noone can filter them out.) :mad:

vex, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Right-click and copy/paste the ad into notepad...take a look at the link and you'll possibly see a second and different URL. Filter that, too. Note: Instructions are for Fx users...in IE, it's right-click and copy short-cut or something like that.

Adpubster, May 21, 2007 IP
    vex likes this.
  3. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may take up to a week for the site to be fully filtered, have some patience.

Computerized, May 21, 2007 IP
    vex likes this.
  4. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can right click the ad in Firefox and select This Frame -> View Frame Source and then you can see the real url in this part of javascript code:

pozer, May 21, 2007 IP
    vex likes this.
  5. vex

vex Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a LOt guys. reps added. :)

vex, May 21, 2007 IP
  6. vex

vex Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys,

See I did what you told me to do and see the interesting thing:

- The sites url appears like Example.Example-Info.Com
    So, what would you think, you would think the first letter of Info is "I" right?

-Yes! But the actual address was lnfo (=Lnfo) "L" not qritten in capitals. But the Lnfo site does not exist. Info site does. I will now filter both.

These assholes use lots of different techniques in order not to get filtered out.

vex, May 21, 2007 IP
  7. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i ahve also noticed this on ocassions. Even when you filter out a site using the url of the domain, it reappears. I think its a slight problem with the filtering which sorts itself out.

qwestcommunications, May 21, 2007 IP