1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lots of anchors..

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by terryuk, May 21, 2007.

I know it's always good to have a wide range of anchor texts when link building, but for a new project theres one product with many functions. For instance, one function is to convert X to X, but then there are about 50 of these variations...

Do you think it'd be best to make a page for each function and then set a variation of anchor texts for that function Or do you think it'd be best to target all anchors on the one page?

Like i said above, there are about 50 different anchor texts needed for these functions but I've seen people use anchors like 'Audio & Video Editing, Converter, Burning Software for DVD, CD, WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, AVI, WMV, MPEG'. And i'm just wondering does that really have a good effect?

Any comments appreciated.

Thank you

terryuk, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. skionxb

skionxb Peon

Best Answers:
    It does! You are incorporating all these keywords into one! Googlebot will read it well!

skionxb, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. Alan Murray

Alan Murray Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would make 50 different pages - better for seo and the user.

Alan Murray, May 21, 2007 IP
    terryuk likes this.
  4. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    50 different pages then linking to the one 'main' page? Would you suggest that?

terryuk, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. Alan Murray

Alan Murray Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but is there not a way to break them up into sections?

Alan Murray, May 21, 2007 IP
  6. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the anchor looks familiar.. ;)

I think G recognizes all the words in an anchor text so far. Even a spammy looking backlink may be counted as long as it's not too long, I guess.

G's attempts is to find out what are more natural links, so as many other SEO marketers think, creating a good link profile gets involved in this.

coolsitez, May 21, 2007 IP
  7. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have content for each of these pages, with some details, like how to Convert from X to Y, and then a separate page for How to Convert B to Z, then I'd recommens that you have separate pages for everything. Also, this way, you will be able to link to the required page of your site from other related pages or from the home page, and use the Anchor Texts in these internal links.

Don't worry about gathering links from external sources, as they will come with time. If you have separate niche pages, and use tappropriate anchor texts for them, it will be good in the long run. Also, niche pages will convert better over time.

If you don't make separate pages now, you will/might have to make them after a few months or so, maybe because the home page or main page will get too clustered. But then, it might be too late to restructure everything as you would already have gained links and PR for your page(s).

rosiee007, May 21, 2007 IP
  8. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So everyone would recommend making seperate pages per function then get links with the different anchor varitions to each of those pages then link to the 'main product page' ?

I haven't done something with so many keyword variations before, so just need some good advice :)

terryuk, May 26, 2007 IP