1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropped off google for my site name??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MDStidham, May 21, 2007.

Hello everyone thanks for helping, here is my problem:

Created my site (hollywoodheadache dot com) and ranked number one for the term "hollywood headache" in google for 2 months. Then all of a sudden I dropped back to the 6th page. What happened and how can i fix this. I thought it was just going to be temporary but its been a month and no improvement?

Thanks for any help in advance

MDStidham, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. CraigslistGuy

CraigslistGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Perhaps your backlinks were in trouble. If they were, then your page rank will drop beacuse you rely on their weighting to boost your rank. Else, a site under your host may have commited an offence and Google decided to ban your ip.If you are using shared hosting you may have this kind of situation. Check your pages for dup content. It is one of the surest ways to supplementary list.

CraigslistGuy, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    well i have check with tools and have no indication that i have been banned by google. I rank for a bunch of other keywords just not this one anymore??
    i don't know what to do.

4. Ardrigh

Ardrigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen your site, It's not banned because your pages are still indexed in google (502 pages). You must choose a dedicated hosting in order to avoid problems regarding your site. Currently, you are hosted together with 3,762 other sites that might violating the rules of google! And besides, try to improve your link building campaign by creating unique articles and submitting it to different article directories, exchange links to reputable sites. You always have a fresh contents and that is very good.

Let us hear your site's status after several week. Good luck!

Ardrigh, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. toinkzzz

toinkzzz Banned

Best Answers:
    nope, you're not banned... maybe there are a lot of backlinks that was lost and most of the anchor text you've used is that keyword....

toinkzzz, May 21, 2007 IP
  6. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ardrigh and Toinkzzz for checking into it. I would like to go to dedicated but $$ is a big issue for me right now. I will just keep working hard and hopefully the serps will raise up a bit over the next few weeks.

I am thinking about paying for some SEO anyone have any recommendations that are a good value and wont break the bank.

7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    how old is your site? if it's so new, snadbox can think thinked as the reason of your problem

trichnosis, May 22, 2007 IP
  8. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the site is only 2.5 months old but the domain is about 6 months old i think

MDStidham, May 22, 2007 IP
  9. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google bans individual domains not ips.

I have all my sites on shared hosting and I've never had any problems...

I'm sure most of the sites on the internet also share ip addresses with other sites.

oseymour, May 22, 2007 IP
  10. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    What's crazy is this post was created yesterday and this post is now #4 on Google for "hollywood headache", Google definitely shows DP love.

antonaf, May 22, 2007 IP
  11. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh! To answer your question, if you recently been creating or modifying your meta tags I would lay off from any internal optimizing of your site for a few days

Make sure to create conent pages and continue building keyword focused links.

antonaf, May 22, 2007 IP
  12. grrajeshkumar

grrajeshkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too uses shared hostings with multi-installation setup and have no issues so far. Although my site was completely off the SERPs for SEO India.. but gladly it has come back today. I can understand how you must be feeling - its really scary when Bid Daddy does something new every time.

Hope you will get back to your position. If you need any help, feel free to buzz me.

grrajeshkumar, May 22, 2007 IP
  13. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys i will work on a more well rounded link building strategy and will lay off internal site changes for a while

MDStidham, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  14. wildstone

wildstone Peon

Best Answers:
    my friend u need to work hard to get back the rank. Your competitor is working harder (doing SEO good than you) than you. So, please start concentrate on SEO for your site... you will get back your rank soon...
    wish u all the best...:)

wildstone, Jun 9, 2007 IP