1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the price of links going down ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sebans, May 17, 2007.

Right now I'm seein Adwords Ads of a PR 6 Directory selling links for $ 4.95 so i'm wondering if this is the future general trend.

sebans, May 17, 2007 IP
  2. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? You sure adwords showing right ads?

paidhosting, May 17, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  3. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I seriously doubt it, but hey, I could be wrong. Depends on the directory, how stable is it?

threebuckchuck, May 17, 2007 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  4. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen those ads by cascandra web directory offering cheap listings.

I am afraid of the dropping price of permanent/per year listings. :(

MeetHere, May 18, 2007 IP
  5. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have dropped my prices as much as I could for permanent listings.
    No way I am going bellow this because I don't want my categories filled up in a matter of months, plus my expenses are too big to offer listings that cheap.
    I guess it all depends on the person running a directory.
    You can make a quick buck offering really cheap listings, but it is not good in a long run.
    Cascandra is offering really cheap prices, but it does have 30 sitewide links.

Velocity, May 18, 2007 IP
  6. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Not too sure specifically about directories, but certainly the price of general link sales has dropped significantly over the past months.

bochgoch, May 18, 2007 IP
  7. dsakella

dsakella Peon

Best Answers:
    I have noticed a remarkable drop in prices the last months. Competition is hard, and a lot of webmasters offer low quality services. So we all have to be careful. Review the market before you buy anything. Search for the best value/money offer.

dsakella, May 18, 2007 IP
  8. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Cascandra is offering really cheap prices, but it does have 30 sitewide links." - I don't think they have 30 site-wides

It looks like Cascandra has done around $550 in revenue in the past week, I have no idea what their expenses are so I am not sure if that is good. But it appears they got around 90 regular links @ $5 each and 4 featured links @ $20 each. If they are using adwords then I know a click for a competitive word can easily cost $1-$2, so either they found some good cheap keywords for getting conversions or they will be raising the price soon or they are making a certain level of income that makes them happy.

$5 for a permanent link in a PR6 directory is very low. I was getting steady regular submission in my PR4 directory at $5 each (I raised the price to $6.50 now that I got PR5). Of course my monthly revenue on that directory is probably about 1/5 of theirs but I am guessing my costs are also a lot lower (no adwords).

Not refering to Cascandra now, but in general there are folks from countries where the average yearly salary is about 1/4 what it is in the US or Canada so they could be doing very well relatively speaking and still charge a lot less.

jg123, May 18, 2007 IP
  9. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes in general....there are too many directories around now...PR3 or PR4 isn't much value now. People now prefer natural-looking links..they are skipping the mediocre directories.

However top 20-30 directories can still afford to keep prices high...they are still in demand.

sachin410, May 18, 2007 IP
  10. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, my bad. The front page has 30, but there are 16 sitewides, which can still help to keep the prices lower.

And I agree with you that the price can be influenced by where directory owner lives, but also, a lot by owner's plans with his directory.
    I can offer really low submission price on my dir, cash in really quick with low submission rates, and once the directory is full, i stop paying for backlinks and PR goes to 0.

Right now I am spending an average of $700 in promotion per month, which I will increase as submissions increase, because now I am putting every single dime back in promotion.
    So if I lower the price to $2.95 it will fill up in a month or two. I will make $10,000-$20,000 in a couple of months and spend only $1,400.
    But that is not ethical so I would never do it.
    So just because the price is really low it does not mean you are getting the most for your money.
    Hopefully I did not give anyone a wrong idea :rolleyes:

Velocity, May 18, 2007 IP
  11. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I admire your outlook and ethical practices. Submitted my site to you directory.

rzvagelsky, May 18, 2007 IP
    Velocity likes this.
  12. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why Not?

To a Person that lives in a third world country
    $4.95 is a lot of money... So I imagine he figures
    that he will make a buck and pay his adwords account
    with NP at the end of the month....

But i guess thats to be seen...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, May 18, 2007 IP
  13. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm.... but besides casandra, i don't see anyone else here dropping prices, unless i've been living in the dark the past few days :(

jl255, May 18, 2007 IP
  14. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you guys want to know the answer ask Mustafa yourself..

I asked him a few sensitive questions yesterday and he answered them very frankly to me.. You want to know you got to ask the man himself... not guessing..

IMO

moneymakingguru, May 19, 2007 IP
  15. master06

master06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello i'm owner the cascandra.com i have some price policies. Currently i'm spending 6 - $10/day to adwords(cpm based) for promoting my directory and i earn about $100/day. i get only 25 clicks from adwords daily. i will increase the price middle of the june. i think $49 or above prices are too high for a submission (i think). i said i will increase the price at midle of the june. probably i will 14.95 or 9.95 for regular and $29.95/year for featured but i will never do $49 or above for my permanent regular listings maybe in the future if i get pr7 i can do it. :)

malcolm1 Turkey is not a third world country The biggest 16th economy of the world with 75 millions population also we have some economic and politic problems. i hope we will resolve thats soon :)

Finally cascandra have 16 sitewide links and each category have max 15 (5 featured - 10 regular) links spots also a lot of directories have no sitewide links but that directories have 30 - 50 link spots on their categories.

master06, May 20, 2007 IP
  16. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for posting the info, so my estimate of $550 for the week was pretty close :) I am glad cpm is working out for you because I decided to give it a try also, keywords are way too expensive. Is your cpm ad with text or banner?

jg123, May 20, 2007 IP
  17. master06

master06 Peon

Best Answers:
    all of my cpm advertisings are text based. :)

Thanks,
    Mustafa

master06, May 20, 2007 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  18. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, I share the same observations. The competition in the field is getting tougher and tougher with every single day.

NathanielJ, May 21, 2007 IP
  19. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    QBC Recipe

- Buy High PR links for 3 months
    - Get nice PR
    - Sell a loot of sitewides, permanent featured links and regular links cheap..
    - 1 month before the PR update, sell the directory
    - Start over again…

! Ask !, May 21, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  20. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Ask why you are giving the Recipe to increase more QBC at the section... ;)

humm, May 21, 2007 IP