1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adobe File Format Specifications PDF File notes

Discussion in 'Programming' started by mariush, May 20, 2007.

Adobe was kind enough to release a PDF file containing information about SWF and FLV file formats.

However, this PDF file comes with some javascript that forces you to agree to a license before being able to read the document.

That would be no problem at all if it worked as it was supposed to.

In my case, I have opened it with Adobe Acrobat Reader, agreed to the license, everything was fine. Several days later when I've tried to read the document again, all pages were hidden and a message was saying that I have to agree to the license before I can view the document. Agreeing is not possible because the Javascript window no longer shows.

If you experience this or simply wish to remove that s**t from the document because you're an honest person you should follow these simple steps..

Install PDFCreator or any pdf making software that acts like a virtual printer. PDFCreator is open source, google for it.

If you don't experience problems, print the document to this virtual printer, you will have a second copy with the document unprotected.

If you're no longer able to read the document as I've experienced, install a trial copy of Foxit PDF Editor, remove a line of text from the first page (or maybe add something to it, I've simply deleted a line) and save the document in another folder.

Now, because the document is changed, Adobe Acrobat Reader will show you the license agreement, agree and print the document to the pdf virtual printer.
    This worked for me.

If it still doesn't show you the license agreement, I'm afraid you're gonna have to manually remove the layer that hides the text from all pages and those 5 lines of text or contact me for a copy of the unprotected document.

PS. This is by no means something I do as a crack or hack, to remove protection from something or harm Adobe in any way. I am simply advising people on how to be able to view a document. They've already agreed on the license at the moment they've created an account on the site and they've agreed the second time when they've opened the document. Two times is enough.

mariush, May 20, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, can I get a copy of that? (is it free?). Thanks for a great post!

Karen May Jones, May 27, 2007 IP
  3. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    The license page is:

http://www.adobe.com/licensing/developer/

Click on the link with the text "Begin the licensing process for the File Format Specification ›", create a free account and check your email for the download link.

mariush, May 29, 2007 IP