1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to stop the steady decline of my serps?

Discussion in 'Google' started by nobluff, May 20, 2007.

My serps decline has been happening for over a month now, nothing drastic, just a steady decline.

Here are the facts:

1. I am link building (Paid links).
    2. I haven’t changed my page by much.
    3. My traffic has obviously declined with my serps.

So, how do I stop it?

1. Stop paid links?
    2. Go back to recip links?
    3. Don’t change my page at all?
    4. Revert back to my old page (Content)?
    5. Pay more attention to on page optimization (specifically keywords)?

I am losing my hair.

nobluff, May 20, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems a lot are losing Google traffic right now. I have noticed this decline across my network of sites, so I am not really going to do anything. Just wait it out and see what happens.

Fka200, May 20, 2007 IP
  3. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say pay more attention to on page optimization, gain more links, and figure out what your competitors are doing. Your competitors may be doing something that you are not. I would also try to find out if your site received a penalty from google.

Sometimes it may be that google just simply lost some of the links that point to your site, and have to find them again

windtalker, May 20, 2007 IP
  4. danielro

danielro Active Member

Best Answers:
    This things just happen. Sometimes it goes up and down. It really is a matter of article value. Paying for links is a somehow good practice but on the long run that will not boost up your serps.
    My advice is to focus on quality and links will come of course...
    You could also update articles from time to time, we tried that but i could not say it bumped our serps, it just keept them constant.
    Good luck

danielro, May 20, 2007 IP
  5. nobluff

nobluff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a definitive way to do this?

nobluff, May 20, 2007 IP
  6. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sharing he URL might help to give you more insight into the case. Here are some of the possible reasons.

1.. Link Building tactics - Although you continue the link building it absolutely vital to get links from qulity sites that are relevent to the content of your site. Getting bad quality links can hurt your rankings. I dont think it has anything to do with "paid links".
    2.. Your content - You have stated that you have not done much to the pages. This is not a good practice in my view. Adding new contents have always helped websites to maintain the ranking or to increase the ranking.

There are of course many other factors that contribute to the drop.

maldives, May 20, 2007 IP
  7. Spartan_Strategy

Spartan_Strategy Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the metrics google is now looking at are factors of retention on your pages. If your pages have not changed in a long time you should start be going into as many as possible and do at least some minor update, even if this is just opening and saving to get a new server data stamp of last update.

Next add some more internal page links, links between your internal pages. After the quick things are done try adding some more pages to the site. Be sure to submit a Google sitemap to Google.

Try doing some regular press release content via prfree.com. Within the Google webmaster tools you can see what links google has on file for you internal and external. Start using google analytics and seeing pages that have low (TOS) time on site, make changes to these pages asap.

Spartan_Strategy, May 20, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  8. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try writing an article with the keywords you are trying to come up for and your link in it and then submitting the article to the big article directories such as goarticles.com This will give you some highly relevent backlinks to augment your existing links.

primeryder, May 20, 2007 IP
  9. Spartan_Strategy

Spartan_Strategy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you recomend any other places to submit articles to? This is something I have always wanted to do but have not found the right outlets. thanks PrimeRyder!

10. nobluff

nobluff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot, it seems that I have a fair amount of work to look into. I am sure my paid links are not relevant to the content of my site, so I will be changing that asap. The site in question is my gambling affiliate site, it is "Bonus Codes" one in my sig.

I think I will try the aticles first as I have not tried this yet.

nobluff, May 20, 2007 IP
  11. Spartan_Strategy

Spartan_Strategy Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at your site...maybe try putting up some pics or something to grab your attention so it does not look just like a list of links. Could help with some of your retention.

12. luckyNumber

luckyNumber Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also experienced a downturn in traffic for one of my sites. I hadn't been doing much updating nor obtained links back to it so maybe it was to be expected. I was a bit scared it was due to the Azoogle ads I placed on the site, but they wouldn't do that would they?!

Spartan_Strategy, there's a list of article directories here (I'm lazy, I only ever manage to do a handful:( )

luckyNumber, May 21, 2007 IP
  13. igme

igme Banned

Best Answers:

For me, a regular update of your content and building more quality will help.

igme, May 21, 2007 IP
  14. pro_seo

pro_seo Member

Best Answers:

Stop buying links (It's greatly devalued by Google)
    Concentrate on quality backlinks. One ways are best...recips are still better than paid links.

Submit your site in major directories such as ODP and Yahoo.

Concentrate more on OFF-page factors rather than on-page ones. On-page factors will give you temporary results that too not in Google. Off-page optimization will ensure you have a solid ranking in the SERPs.

pro_seo, May 21, 2007 IP
  15. wisam74us

wisam74us Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is good chance for you to reconsider depending on Google as a main source of traffic

wisam74us, May 21, 2007 IP
  16. mobhead

mobhead Peon

Best Answers:
    Links, Links, Links. One ways if you can. Paid links are good but make sure they are not too obvious.

mobhead, May 22, 2007 IP
  17. SupaSharp

SupaSharp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at your competition's back links

SupaSharp, May 22, 2007 IP
  18. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it has anything to do with bought links. Buy sensibly and keep it relevant to the site(s) and you should be OK.

qwestcommunications, May 22, 2007 IP
  19. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that means that a lot is also gaining. Do not go back to reciprocal linking. But get more links though. And check things like <title> and headers.

login, May 22, 2007 IP
  20. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    Do frequent update and site monitoring, if you saw the decline of SERP, it is up to you how to raise it, either by content, keyword management, or backlinks :D

boyponga, May 22, 2007 IP