1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN Channels Malfunction?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by karagold, May 19, 2007.

hey,

i created 6 new channels yesterday. My logs show that each page received traffic, besides my own visits to the page checking for targetting, and my tracker shows that each page received clicks. None of these channels are showing up in the ypn channel report. its as though they didnt exist or didnt receive traffic (forget about the clicks, not even the impressions). i have verified that all code is correct. all my old channels seem to be working fine, but now it makes me wonder if thats accurate too. anyone else see or experience this? if their tracking system is malfunctioning, it would go a long way to explain everyones drop in revenue.

karagold, May 19, 2007 IP
    acuman likes this.
  2. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I just noticed that too. I made 2 new channels and saw in my own stats that the page was viewed but did not show up in the YPN report.

What did show up was a blank channel (with a few impressions)
    Every other channel works fine.

I also re-checked and even re-did it and the same thing happened... 1 blank name channel and all others are fine.

Thought it was just me lol :)

acuman, May 23, 2007 IP
  3. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    glad and sorry to hear that someone else is having the same problem. i have checked and rechecked with the same problem. whats worse is i know i am getting clicks, according to my tracker, and i am definatley not being paid for any of them. today i have taken an old unused channel and i am trying that to see if it picks it up.

karagold, May 23, 2007 IP
  4. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i took an old channel that i wasnt using and used its channel code on one of the pages in question. of course, today (on yesterdays report), i can see that i had impressions, clicks and revenue. hoorah!

now im wondering why it didnt track with the new channels i created, why i didnt get paid for the clicks i got and whether or not the advertiser themselves were charged for the clicks i sent to them.

i hope someone at ypn is reading this because right now at least 1 person is getting ripped off. i think next i will conduct an experiment and target a page with my own ysm advertisement using a new channel and find out if I, as an advertiser, am paying for the clicks that the publisher is not getting paid for.

i sincerely hope the answer is not what i believe it to be.

karagold, May 24, 2007 IP
  5. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    My new channels are still not existing in the reports. I may have to use an existing channel 'cause this is nonsense!

acuman, May 30, 2007 IP
  6. greenflag

greenflag Active Member

Best Answers:
    me too! created 2 channels and zero stats. are you saying you think clicks and impressions arent being counted in gross stats for the sites?

greenflag, May 30, 2007 IP
  7. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    no thinking about it. i've proven it by using 2 ad units - 1 with a new channel code and 1 with an old channel code. both should have received identical impressions. only the old one showed up in the report. also, the page i tested on gets hundreds of clicks on average. the new channel not only failed to record impressions, it failed to show clicks and revenue.

whats worse is that i performed the test i mentioned above on a seperate page with a very low cost niche and, as an advertiser, i was charged for the click and as a publisher i was not paid for the click. what does this mean? i think you know. beta or not, that is fraud.

karagold, May 31, 2007 IP
  8. gator93

gator93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having a similar problem as well. All my new channels that I'm creating seem to be going to this one blank channel on the reports. While they are showing impressions and clicks for these new categories, the stats only appear in the blank category. The totals (impressions and clicks) of the categories equal the overall totals, but obviously I can't track by category. The rest of my older categories are tracking fine. Has anyone tried contacting ypn about this?

gator93, May 31, 2007 IP
  9. gator93

gator93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: All the categories and reporting urls are fixed on my end now.

gator93, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  10. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice!

Me too as of today.

acuman, Jun 3, 2007 IP