1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do about stolen images?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by MattL, Sep 14, 2005.

1. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, but I don't have time to make a new one each time if it keeps happening. I could end up as their "graphics guy" LOL

I wasted too much time already replying to Doodad :p

MattL, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You wasted too much time giving a fuck in the first place in all honesty.

It's a little border and you we're considering filing a DMCA or whatever. Shit, if you can't stomache someone stealing a little logo that took you 15 minutes to make that isn't really critical to your business or your bottom line, you must be crazy.

I asked in the first place and made some reasonable suggestions, but you didn't listen, instead you decided to rant on about them stealing it and blah blah, so I simply responded insinuating you used a popular and expensive paint package to produce it, as it has that exact brush in it.

Perhaps if you'd of listened in the first place instead of just using this as an avenue to vent your anger and furstration over someone using an ickle border you made, I wouldn't of resorted to lightly insinuating you didn't pay for the paint package you made it on, since you we're so et-up about someone 'stealing' something that cost you nothing but time to make.

I'd call pissing over a little border 'cos some foreign twat's used it a fucking character flaw more then my responses to you in here.

It's nothing.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  3. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Actually you are the only one wasting my time.

You never asked me a question for me to respond to. Who said I never listened? Besides you didn't tell me anything I don't know.

I have seen your antics before around these forums but never have replied to them because they weren't in my thread and I really don't want to waste my time arguing about nothing. You like to try to make something into more than it really is. If you would have read my OP correctly you would see that I was never angry and never really thought it was a big deal. You are the one that keeps insisting that I am "so et-up" and I am not. Sorry. You have been the one ranting about nothing.

I just don't want people using my stuff no matter what it is. Things like that can start small and if you don't stop it before you know it they are copying your complete sites.

You are a piece of work dude! LOL

MattL, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You wanted to sh-sh-sh-sh-shut 'em down.

I think you was just mighty proud of your border and the way you implemented it and we're a little /too/ peeved that some foreign twat nicked it, which is understandable..

But you made it sound like they really stole something from you.. which is when I thought hang on, if you're bringing stealing and money into it, that sure looks like it was created using a specific brush in Adobe Photoshop, and no-one pays for that.

What package did you use, anyway? ;)

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  5. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    godood, what's your problem man? Why do you keep coming back to this thread and derailing it? mattl is upset because someone stole his work. I can undrerstand where he is coming from. If you don't agree with that, just hit the Back button and go instead of attacking the poster with your endless comments and comebacks. Really, there are plenty of other threads out there for you to explore

Liminal, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Is there some subtle way you could brand it so in future it would involve morre than copy and paste? Did they even bother to change the color?

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  7. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh fuck off, the thread was just lightening up and we we're becoming friends again, then you have to ruin it. :rolleyes:

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  8. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Another brilliant comeback. There is no "hope to improve" for you

Liminal, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  9. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you are wrong. I know that is hard for you to believe that you could be wr-wr-wr-wr-wr-ong. But you ar-ar-ar-are.

I didn't want to shut them down. Just threaten to do so they go away and leave my stuff alone forever.

You seem to try to bully alot of people around here and it gets old. Well guess what, you probably didn't realize it but I'm not some kid that you can bully. I'm old enough to be your dad.

It's people like you that can give a real negative vibe to a great forum. You should stop acting out. It negatively effects the whole community here and I don't think anybody really appreciates it.

Lock this thread please.

MattL, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  10. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not Likely. We were never friends in the first place.

MattL, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  11. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh lighten up, old man.

Way too many serious folks on these boards, perhaps it's the /business/ way to get et-up and annoyed and stressed at every possible thing in sight, including little brown borders which look like someone's dragged their unwashed arse across the AdSense adverts on your web site.

Take life that little bit easier eh... I'd of thought with you being 'old enough' to be my dad you may of learnt that's a nice way to live by now!

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  12. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, you didn't ruin my day. You would have loved that though LOL.

Try not to attact people and be a little more considerate. Maybe people will be a bit more "light" with you.

Oh, and thanks for the complements on my borders :rolleyes:

Oh, and maybe you should go buy some software off of the site in my sig and learn how to use it.

MattL, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  13. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I can only see links for electronics ... where is the etiquette / manners link? :cool:

mcfox, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  14. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    MattL- I feel for yu, but the internet is just one big copy machine.

Stop taking the bait from GADOOD he's just one of those forum bots with a programming flaw!

Homer, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    fryman, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  16. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have a right to be bummed about your hard work being pilfered. but you can use it to your advantage..... you can place a comment "my images are good enough to steal"

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hey Matt

I guess it was my foreign blog that got read by that foreign twat?! Sorry about that. But it is a great example!

sarahk, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  18. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No biggie. I get irritated when people can't even do something simple for themselves and have to resort to stealing. It's just lazy, dishonest and lame.

MattL, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  19. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    okay let's say I am lazy and want the border, and said "Hey, Matt ,pretty please, can I use your pretty border..what would you ask for it? ~~Corena

corena, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  20. overdiesel

overdiesel Peon

Best Answers:
    Why get butt hurt over someone using a simple idea like that.
    Aside from that, its legally impossible to assert a copyright on a little brown blob with no branding or anything assocatiated with it. I wonder if anyone will assert copyright of a grey box with an ok button next.

overdiesel, Sep 27, 2005 IP