1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

flash8 help Folder effect, actionscript and buttons

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by swollenpickles, May 19, 2007.

Well as you might have picked up from the title, I'm not exactly sure how to ask this question (I'm a total noob), so I'll do my best, and hopefully the attachment fills in the gaps.

I'm trying to create a basic interface. I want the content to be displayed in a mock manila folder type thing, with tabs along the top showing the user where they are in the navigation. If the tab isn't active it should be the blue colour, when it is active, I want it to be white/light grey (see attachment). I've created the tabs as buttons and done a little bit of action scripting but just cant seem to get it to work how it should.

If anyone here can make sense of what I'm asking, has time to take a look at the attachment and can offer me any suggestions on how to get it working, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

swollenpickles, May 19, 2007 IP
  2. wassim

wassim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

THe easiest approach is to use multiple movieClips where each has a button header saying Home, Studio, Mastering etc... and a body where content is to be displayed.

You lay out these movieClips on the same layer and then in actionscript,

headerBtn.onRelease=function(){
    mc1.swaptDepths(_root.getNextHighestDepth()-1);
    headerBtn.gotoAndStop("frameWhereHeaderIsBlue);
    }

Hope that makes sense...

You could also use a component to do that, try AccordionTab it might be just what you're looking for.

If everything else fails, just hire a coder, will do that in no time.

wassim, May 19, 2007 IP
    swollenpickles likes this.