1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using 'Hot-Chat' for Adsense Clicks

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by subhendu, Sep 13, 2005.

A few days ago a friend of mine came to my place and asking me the tricks to earn good money from Adsense (poor guy! he assumes that I'm an expert!).

I gave him all the knowledge that I acquired from DPF.

Then he told me an exciting story :

One of his friends (who actually inspired him to use Adsense for earning good money) employed 5 girls paying them Rs. 2,500 (USD 65) salary pm whose duty was to find people (specially from the USA) using ym and icq and start provocating chat. They instruct the victims (?) to go to one of their sites and click on Adsense. Then follow the link to another site and click on another adsense...like that when the person clicks on adsense ads on all of their ten sites, the girls just disconnected chat. The site owner earns in thousands (USD1 = Rs. 44 approx).

I was stunned! I asked for one of the sites' url, which he never gave.

subhendu, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  2. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Sounds almost as exciting as the rush you get when that "you have been banned" email shows up in your inbox.

Your friend's friend is a thief!!!!!

Roman, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    blackpudding likes this.
  3. subhendu

subhendu Peon

Best Answers:
    why in 'my' mail-box? do u mean i would be banned from DPF? I am not using his idea.

subhendu, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  4. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I bet all adsense advertisers in this forum will gladly strangle anyone who thinks that such thing is "exciting"

iskandar, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats so amazing about people cheating advertisers out of money. This is just plain simple fraud, just shows how low a person has to go to cheat PPC. I mean it's not even clever for a cheater.

INV, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. EWpro

EWpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your friends' friend or whoever will get the *BANNED* mail from G, as leads from Y!M or icq will be easily traced by G.
    G is always smarter than these thieves & many smart self proclaimed innocents out there.

EWpro, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    Roman and blackpudding like this.
  7. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I was just about to reply...

Reminds me of the guy who went to a psychologist, said "Doc, my friends friend has this problem...."

Roman, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  8. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    This is NOT very exciting story! This is useless scam!! Ask your friend's friend to stop it and Play fair!! AND also 10 clicks from one IP, google gonna bann him soon!!

maverick, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    blackpudding likes this.
  9. subhendu

subhendu Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops...I think I used the wrong word 'exciting'. I didn't mean it that way. Would it be 'surprising' instead of 'exciting'?

"Reminds me of the guy who went to a psychologist, said "Doc, my friends friend has this problem...."

roman1...i got your hint... to assure you, i'm not in these...

My intention of posting this message was to let people know how people are using dirty tricks to get clicks and silent watchers come to know that these are illegal and G is much more clever to catch all these tricks.

subhendu, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  10. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    I really wish Google would go after people like this for fraud, instead of just shutting down their accounts.

Henny, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    blackpudding likes this.
  11. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly....10 clicks per IP ....100s of IPs with same pattern.... Pattern repeated everyday...

How can any one think Google wont detect that ...:p

sachin410, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  12. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Crook! Utterly Rediculous!

LeeD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just concerned with what these guys are using to click on these ads.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually that is not how it works.. It is a pretty good scheme as far as schemes go... They go around to chat rooms and all over and get horny guys into private chat and then ask them to check something for them and get them to click on an ad.. Then they block them from talking to them. They would unlikely to create any kind of real detectable pattern with such behavior... As you just keep finding new people to talk to.. So all your clicks are unique.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  15. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats pathetic....

Henny, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  16. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

i agree and they can easily avoid detection with a welcome page, looks like he's making a bundle

dzcap, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  17. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did someone mention, in another thread, there is a potential 20% fraud rate for certain keywords?

Besides, if the clicks don't convert, the site would get hit by smartpricing.

Their earnings would conceivably be affected very quickly.

PioneerGold, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  18. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are right i guess it will not take long for this practice to spread around the internet! :rolleyes:

I wonder if G ever thought at this kind of scam and i hope they catch who is doing it...

Jarodboy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  19. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am wondering why he had to employ 5 girls ;) instead of guys or old men ... anyway they are chatting over the internet.. not some video chat :)

I dont think one can earn much money by this kinda cheating ... it will lead to a fixed pattern .. after all 2500Rs wont get u very intelligent workers .. and one thing is for sure ... u can earn small money by this kinda tricks ... but if u want to earn more u have to be honest and sincere and play it according to the rules .. cheats dont go far in this game ... (unless ofcourse u r very very smart)..

one more interesting suggestion is that if these girls are anyway getting into a hot chat ... he can start a service where users pay $2 for a hot chat with any of the gals ... this will double his income and he can have repeat customers and will not cheat anyone ;)

nriweb, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a good point.. Smart pricing might kill them in the long run.. Although I don't think anyone really knows the extent that smart pricing might hurt...

Although it raises an excellent consideration. It is likely a portion of google's fraud detection includes worthless clicks, so if a site had 99% clicks where people never stayed on the landing page or landing site and didn't spend any time, they would likely view them as fraudelent.

Hadn't really thought of that before, but I bet that is even how some people that have posted here about getting banned got caught.

To effectively fool the system it is likely you would have to mimic the behavior patterns of other users, and have similar usage and purchase patterns. Any extreme deviations are likely to be flagged.

So maybe it is not such a good scheme. :)

The question to ask on any of these schemes is how many checks have they gotten so far.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP