1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make a $1/day website each day?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DXL, May 18, 2007.

After some thinking and calculations, I posted this to my blog:
    Do you think it is possible to do this?

Could you make a new website in, say, 8 hours and promote it so it then receives enough traffic to yield $1/day (from AdSense for example) without maintenance for at least a year?

Of course it would take some time for the search engines to notify the links to the new website and index it accordingly, so it wouldn't be succesful instantly.

DXL, May 18, 2007 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  2. BinderGang

BinderGang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's defintely possible and alot of people do this.

However, in the amount of time you listed? I'd like to know as well...

BinderGang, May 18, 2007 IP
  3. SupaSharp

SupaSharp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very possible! The more revenue streams the better

SupaSharp, May 18, 2007 IP
  4. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let us see:

Identify theme + keyphrases: 15 minutes
    Write 10 pages of content: 3 hours
    Publish pages + debug links etc: 30 minutes.
    Submit to key directories (web directories and article directories) 1 hour

That is the least you can do without paying money. If you have, say, $100, you can buy some links / blog posts.

In some niches, this could lead to the site getting $1 per day beginning a couple of months later when the full benefit of the links has kicked in and also the site is out of the sandbox. :)

Ajeet, May 18, 2007 IP
  5. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is submitting to directories just to get the backlinks so it gets indexed? Or is to help in the serps?

mubin, May 18, 2007 IP
  6. Philotus2k3

Philotus2k3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen this this thread at WF ? http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate-marketing/9695-how-did-he-do.html

Philotus2k3, May 18, 2007 IP
  7. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried that before and i did run a personal experiment on it considering all the listed factors. Here are some of my numbers

Looking for Design, Domain and then uploading template and other files on hosting and addon domain setup.>>> No less then 2 hours and i believe that i work very fast :D

Content creation>> 10 500 word articles atleast 5 hours that includes research time and believe me it will take much longer for some niches

All the debuging and little SEO including Meta, Title and H1s also known as onpage SEO>>>> Minimum of 1 hour on 10 page site

Directory submission and other free advertising>>> Atleast 3 hours

Then it will take few months for you to start getting some natural search engine traffic that is consistent and making you a buck or two.

For me it was not worth it. I did it when i did not have offline business and even then spending almost 10 hours a day and then waiting for few months to see a $1 didnt feel so good but if you have enough time on your hands and you are patient it can turn out to be a good business plan

Not an easy thing though

jaree, May 18, 2007 IP
    Gatorade likes this.
  8. oldtrick

oldtrick Peon

Best Answers:
    My calculations show potential $66795 which is even better:D

oldtrick, May 18, 2007 IP
  9. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    the most important piece of this calculation is from how many days of the site being launched do you start receiving $1 per day? ;)

onedollar, May 18, 2007 IP
  10. primedan

primedan Guest

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like this, mate! Forget all linear calculations 'cause you will be frustrated not to get there eventually. AdSense is not a predictable business, You need an army of people generating enough sites that earn you a ridiculous amount of income. And, as other already have stated, you either have plenty of time or money to do this. If you don't it will kill you, let me tell you. Most of the people obviously don't have these amounts of money, they rather make some, right? In this case, you have to put ALL parameters into the equation which means that you have to optimize input and output in order to be profitable, just like in any kind of business.

Hope that helps!

primedan, May 19, 2007 IP
    Gatorade likes this.
  11. primedan

primedan Guest

Best Answers:
    Forget about it, you just waste your time - and money! What you tallk about are mostly known as "splogs", spam blogs, and the SERPs hate it like hell. That's why they don't earn money. Honestly, are you happy with these numbers? I mean come on! Do the math just to know how many of these splogs you need to make a living (not a "good" living). Then, if you get the sum of sites you need, don't even think it will be like this in reality. The bloody thing fluctuates worse than an option, because its underlying factor called (Google) algorithm is completely unknown. You'd be better off going to Vegas, at least there is some glamour...

What will pay off big time eventually online are really valuable HANDMADE sites you build today, build on tomorrow and so forth. Once they make you money they will not just stop from one day to another but instead constantly bring in more.

The business of AdSense is deat - it least if you try to run it like yesterday. Today, you need expensive tools to achieve results or insider knowledge only a few people have.

Good luck to you!

primedan, May 19, 2007 IP
  12. kingofbigmac

kingofbigmac Banned

Best Answers:
    you could put some money in advertising your sites to get more exposure.

kingofbigmac, May 19, 2007 IP
  13. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well qwuantity sometimes is the solution

But did you calculated the expensive ? domains / hosting / link building (you need that to reach even that 1$/day)plus how you will update 365 $ sites ?

w3bmaster, May 19, 2007 IP
  14. ZaxiHosting

ZaxiHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its difficult to maintenance 365 sites.
    You must write articles,uploading things,etc
    Regards

ZaxiHosting, May 19, 2007 IP
  15. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of the others that are saying it's not easy to do. I think jaree and primedan's posts pretty much sums it up.

Gatorade, May 19, 2007 IP
  16. sparckyz

sparckyz Peon

Best Answers:
    365 proxies would be good if you didn't have to worry about hosting and cpu usage and so on...

Each proxy earning $1-5 per/day, get links from other proxies/sites/proxy topsites and get a few good PRs for some of your proxies then network them all together. Would be like a little empire lol. If hosting/CPU etc...wasn't an issue IMO.

sparckyz, May 19, 2007 IP
  17. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Build 5-10 sites which will bring $35-$75 / day each. Will be much better in any view and easy in maintanance. And... I think it more doable than 365 $1 sites.

SEOLinker, May 19, 2007 IP
  18. abstroose

abstroose Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like this idea, it is an achievable target, but like some mentioned it would take a lot of time and work to be able to update each site at a reasonable frequency.

abstroose, May 19, 2007 IP
  19. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thats right, better to make a one perfect site who can earn 2k$ per month at least from adsesne... but if you are really looking this kinds then even its not a impossible... i know some blackhatter who play with 60 domains just for three months, after then they make new one and working on... and all are automatics... you should just need to take care of web templates and promoting things... for thats better to get buy straight dedicated server.

Pammer, May 19, 2007 IP
  20. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $1 a day website isnt hard to make. The problem is that it probably wont last ...

since the more you have, the more #hours you need to dedicate to it...

and, for more website, the growth is an exponential growth, so why not just continue in 1 particular good site, and make it work ?

At the end of the day, i will rather make 2-3 sites, thats making 1k+ a month, than having many thats making $1. heh

Nystul, May 19, 2007 IP